Cracked the 17 year mystery, maybe

Charishma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
So I've been doing some thinking, and I think I know for sure what happened 17 years ago.

Rashid did leave Dilshad, but in a symbolic way that destroyed her.

I read somewhere (sorry, forgot whose post), that in Islamic culture if you have more than one wife  you can't differentiate between them. So if you have one wife with a son, you're supposed to make sure the other has one too.

17 years ago Rashid didn't marry Shirin. He married Shirin way before that. He had two wives. Stay with me here. He and Dilshad married first and had Asad. Sometime after, greedy and struggling Rashid came across Shirin, who fell in love with the married man. Her stepbrother proposed a marriage. Dilshad was heartbroken. But Rashid is an older Ayaan. And I can totally picture Ayaan doing something stupid like agreeing for the sake of a lifestyle.

Dilshad is hurt, but she has a son (Asad) and Rashid promises that it'll be a marriage in name only. But then Shirin's brother reminds  him that he has to do his duty, and make Shirin a wife in truth. So he gives her a son. He and Dilshad are traveling dangerous waters, she's heartbroken and embarrassed and in so much pain. They patch up, with Rashid assuring her that she is the one he loves. Then Dilshad gets pregnant with Najma. Which means Rashid has to give Shirin a daughter too. Enter the second child.

Things are still rough. Always rough. With Dilshad struggling to forgive her selfish husband, but the taste of betrayal taints everything. Then the unthinkable happens, and Shirin turns up pregnant again (exactly 17 years ago), and that's the last straw for Dilshad. She either (a) leaves, or (b) gives Rashid an ultimatum. Her or Shirin. He's angry, self-important, and stupid, so he replies Shirin. And that's that.

I might be wrong. Please critique if I am. But I'm sure this is what happened. Either this or the first two are adopted. Because no way Ayaan is younger than 17. And Rashid is an ass, but not a cheating ass. If he married Shirin, Dilshad would've known.
Edited by Charishma - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

gems4sana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Charishma

So I've been doing some thinking, and I think I know for sure what happened 17 years ago.

Rashid did leave Dilshad, but in a symbolic way that destroyed her.

I read somewhere (sorry, forgot whose post), that in Islamic culture if you have more than one wife  you can't differentiate between them. So if you have one wife with a son, you're supposed to make sure the other has one too.

17 years ago Rashid didn't marry Shirin. He married Shirin way before that. He had two wives. Stay with me here. He and Dilshad married first and had Asad. Sometime after, greedy and struggling Rashid came across Shirin, who fell in love with the married man. Her stepbrother proposed a marriage. Dilshad was heartbroken. But Rashid is an older Ayaan. And I can totally picture Ayaan doing something stupid like agreeing for the sake of a lifestyle.

Dilshad is hurt, but she has a son (Asad) and Rashid promises that it'll be a marriage in name only. But then Shirin's brother reminds  him that he has to do his duty, and make Shirin a wife in truth. So he gives her a son. He and Dilshad are traveling dangerous waters, she's heartbroken and embarrassed and in so much pain. They patch up, with Rashid assuring her that she is the one he loves. Then Dilshad gets pregnant with Najma. Which means Rashid has to give Shirin a daughter too. Enter the second child.

Things are still rough. Always rough. With Dilshad struggling to forgive her selfish husband, but the taste of betrayal taints everything. Then the unthinkable happens, and Shirin turns up pregnant again (exactly 17 years ago), and that's the last straw for Dilshad. She either (a) leaves, or (b) gives Rashid an ultimatum. Her or Shirin. He's angry, self-important, and stupid, so he replies Shirin. And that's that.

I might be wrong. Please critique if I am. But I'm sure this is what happened. Either this or the first two are adopted. Because no way Ayaan is younger than 17. And Rashid is an ass, but not a cheating ass. If he married Shirin, Dilshad would've known.

Interesting theory but some loopholes: 

In Islam, when it says to make sure the two wives are treated equally, it means make sure that they recieve equal amount of money, similar living arrangements, equal amount of time - not equal amount of children/or of a particular sex because thats up to fate and you can't decide that, not really. Plus one of the reasons you can do polygamy in Islam is if your first wife is barren, and obviously in terms of children that won't be equal. 

You're right in that Ayaan seems older than 17 - and he is b/c in one episode Mamujan is complaining to Shirin that Ayan doesn't do any work and he's done college etc. And Nikhat (shirin's older daughter) seems to be older than Najma. If I would guess the age sequence it would be Asad, Nikhat, Ayan, Najma, Nuzhat (glasses and braces girl). 

I don't really think Dilshad left Rashid - I think that Rashid abandoned/left HER. Because in one scene she asked ASad what fault was it in her that he had to leave her and never return. 

I think after a while of being married to two wives, possibly after a few years, Mamujaan made a deal with Rashid that if he'd leave Dilshad for good, he'd give him a job. 

Vru_16 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Makes sense!
Maybe he tried to hide the second marriage from Dilshad initially though & then she probably found out about it herself
Then she told him to chose between her & Shirin
Rashid loved Dilshad moree but Shirin's brother threatened to take away riches & gave him a choice between a life of gumnaami with Dilshad orrr a life of fame & money with Shirin
Aaand the greedy fox chose the $$$$ over love 

Charishma thumbnail

Originally posted by: gems4emma

Interesting theory but some loopholes: 

In Islam, when it says to make sure the two wives are treated equally, it means make sure that they recieve equal amount of money, similar living arrangements, equal amount of time - not equal amount of children/or of a particular sex because thats up to fate and you can't decide that, not really. Plus one of the reasons you can do polygamy in Islam is if your first wife is barren, and obviously in terms of children that won't be equal. 

You're right in that Ayaan seems older than 17 - and he is b/c in one episode Mamujan is complaining to Shirin that Ayan doesn't do any work and he's done college etc. And Nikhat (shirin's older daughter) seems to be older than Najma. If I would guess the age sequence it would be Asad, Nikhat, Ayan, Najma, Nuzhat (glasses and braces girl). 

I don't really think Dilshad left Rashid - I think that Rashid abandoned/left HER. Because in one scene she asked ASad what fault was it in her that he had to leave her and never return. 

I think after a while of being married to two wives, possibly after a few years, Mamujaan made a deal with Rashid that if he'd leave Dilshad for good, he'd give him a job. 

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe children resulted from having to spend time with Shirin?
Yeah I am also convinced that Rashid left her. It just sucks that Dilshad had to put up with being 1 of 2. Its just so strange for me to see such a worldly woman like her accept a situation like that.  Dilshad strikes me as being very Zoya-like. She's always patronizing her son, and then there's the business (which I'm pretty sure she started). She isn't a woman who would follow tradition simply for the sake of it. And then to have that man, the man that she put up with everything for, leave her. That sucks.

I'm liking your deal theory though. It works.
Edited by Charishma - 11 years ago
Charishma thumbnail

Originally posted by: Prix3

Makes sense!

Maybe he tried to hide the second marriage from Dilshad initially though & then she probably found out about it herself
Then she told him to chose between her & Shirin
Rashid loved Dilshad moree but Shirin's brother threatened to take away riches & gave him a choice between a life of gumnaami with Dilshad orrr a life of fame & money with Shirin
Aaand the greedy fox chose the $$$$ over love 

That theory is probably the most probable. I just hate the idea of him cheating in that way though. Secret lives are the stuff of psychopaths, so that kind of will kill the romance for me 😆. But yeah, Rashid definitely left Dilshad for money/Shirin.
mirka88 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Its been stated  very clearly, that Mamujan ( Shirin's brother) asked Rashid to choose, between Dilshaad-Asad-Najma and Shirin and her kids. 

Plus Ayan has spoken about how he would get scared at night as a kid and come sleep with Asad, that could only happen if they stayed in the same house. 

I think for a while both halves of the family lived together, something forced the separation, because Rashid clearly still cares for Dilshaad, but he doesn't seem like a very strong man.

Lastly, Its my personal understanding that Rashid loves and respects Dilshaad more than Shirin, its more like he is responsible for Shirin. Something major obviously happened, after which his mother asked him to choose Shirin.

Only time and 4 lions will tell.
ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Good theory! 

But I would say that Rashid first married Dilshad and had Asad. Then maybe there was some complications, like money issues or such? That made him go to Shireen's brother who then proposed their marriage because Shireen must have fallen in love with him then. Maybe Dilshad didn't know at first and then Ayaan was born and maybe Dilshad found out after. Somehow I think that Dilshad is forgiving and maybe she forgave him and tried to live with Shireen and Rashid together. Therefore, Ayaan and Asad would have a childhood together. Nikhat and Najma would have been born next with Nuzrat following. Seeing as multiple marriages are allowed in Islam, Dilshad-Rashid-Shireen would have an alright relationship until the cracks started to form. Perhaps Shireen didn't like how Rashid was with Dilshad or vice versa. Then for a safer future, Shireen's brother told Rashid to leave Dilshad which he did. This might have been happening just after the younger girls were born, possibly when Nikhat and Najma were a few years old (as I think their ages are similar). Hence the boys had a stronger relationship as they were the eldest.

blokes thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Also, from my watching Pak serials, the first wife needs to give permission for the second marriage. I suppose Dilshad did and they all lived together. But then Shirin's bro must have driven the devil's bargain and separated the two wives and their kids.
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yea i think rashid had two wives for a while n thats why ayaan wknew asad wen they were kids. i think it was later that the mamu asked rashid to leave dilshad forever because thats the only thing that makes sense. 

i mean how can ayaan be out of college but najma still be in college if rashid first left dilshad and then married shirin.  ayaan had to have been born before najma
Charishma thumbnail
But that is exactly what I'm saying guys lol.
A lot of people had been speculating a secret marriage, but I'm of the opinion that Rashid had two wives (and they both knew about each other) and lived together, as a family. But I think the reason for the split is Nazrat and Shirin's brother. Definitely a combination of the two.
I can't buy that Rashid left Dilshad just because the old man gave him an ultimatum. There had to be just the tiniest bit more going on.
But then again he is Ayan's father, and we all know Ayan later on dissolves a marriage because of pressure. So who knows? Maybe Rashid is that weak.

Also, does anyone else wonder what Zoya's reaction will be when she finds out that Rashid has another wife (and family at home)>