Why are some people so hard to forget?

ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Entry from the secret diary of Dilshad Khan

Why are some people so hard to forget?  

Even though they betrayed you years ago at a level that it hurts like a million daggers  are piercing your heart at the same time and your eyes tear up just at the thought them.  The wounds are still not healed and just the thought of them opens as if it happened yesterday.   Even though you did nothing wrong they walk away from you.  Even though one day your life together was perfect and the next day they choose someone else.  In fact they were with the other person during your perfect life together and having children with her.  

Is it because they were your first love? The first person you allowed in your heart, body and soul?  The person with whom you learned of an attraction to a boy, the one who made your heart go pitter patter? Seeing them across a crowded room made the hair in your arms go up and smile that secret smile?  Even now the thoughts of those moments makes you close your eyes and savour the moments.  

I have made a life for myself and my children without  anyone's help.  i overcame obstacles that most people can't imagine.  i know i am strong because i worked hard, i survived, i moved forward.  Days go by and I don't think of him and something will happen, a smell, a breeze, a song, a phrase, a poem, a smile of one of the children and it all comes back like a ton of bricks.   And in that weak moment I go back to it all and everything comes back as if it just happened yesterday.

Why do some people make strong people weak? Why do those strong people, that know better, allow those people to make  them weak.  Why do they keep memories, letters, other momentous in a box in the back of their closet?

Wy can't I forget him? Why can't I move on?
Edited by Shell16 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charishma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful. You've spoken straight from her heart. I must say, I'm very intrigued with Dilshad and Rashid's history. More so than Zoya's paternity truth actually.

I especially love this part:
"Why can't I forget him? Why can't I move on?"

What I like about Dilshad's part, is that they're focusing on the pain in a real way. She loves this man, but her heart can't accept him in any tangible way because she still hurts. Its not about holding a grudge, its about being betrayed in so horrible a way by the person you felt safest with. Like the rug was pulled out from under her and she's still not able to fathom why and how it happened.

I wonder what happened 17 years prior. Either Dilshad found out about Rashid's secret family, or Rashid straight up left Dilshad for Shirin (which means a couple of Shirin and Rashid's children are adoped because there's not way Ayaan is only 16). I prefer the latter scenario. I can't stomach the whole secret family thing.

I'm beginning to think, more and more, that Rashid will leave Shirin for Dilshaad. Either that, or Dilshad really does move on.

Lovely post :D
princessjojo thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
^Or one of them is killed off for the sake of convenience
latanzia thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I have been watching this show from the beginning and i am still confused, what the hell is this story about. it is a love story, family drama, zoya past, present or future etc. too many things happening here.
I am tire of asad and zoya tiffs now it is overbearing n is looking force now. All things aside it is a decent show,i am liking it so far.😉
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Charishma

Beautiful. You've spoken straight from her heart. I must say, I'm very intrigued with Dilshad and Rashid's history. More so than Zoya's paternity truth actually.

I especially love this part:

"Why can't I forget him? Why can't I move on?"

What I like about Dilshad's part, is that they're focusing on the pain in a real way. She loves this man, but her heart can't accept him in any tangible way because she still hurts. Its not about holding a grudge, its about being betrayed in so horrible a way by the person you felt safest with. Like the rug was pulled out from under her and she's still not able to fathom why and how it happened.

I wonder what happened 17 years prior. Either Dilshad found out about Rashid's secret family, or Rashid straight up left Dilshad for Shirin (which means a couple of Shirin and Rashid's children are adoped because there's not way Ayaan is only 16). I prefer the latter scenario. I can't stomach the whole secret family thing.

I'm beginning to think, more and more, that Rashid will leave Shirin for Dilshaad. Either that, or Dilshad really does move on.

Lovely post :D

I know Charisma, I am so intrigued by Dhilshad's story, her silent pain, her dignity, her strength and her wonderful way of dealing with Rachid.  I do get the feeling that it is "the secret family" scenario...that is more painful than Rashd leaving Dhilshad and it works more.  Unless Shareen's children are not his?  

Can't wait for all this to unfold.  

Raj_ki_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nicce posts and touch too
raneeb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Unfinished chapters are difficult to forget...unless the WHY's are answered how can Dilshad forget!
ronshaan thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
she loves her husband allot
that is why

havokhotline thumbnail
This was so insanely beautiful, the way it was written! :)
sochona thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
beautifully written.dilshads pain is captured so accurately.do write some more.