The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College

DOTW -> Trust=Friendship OR Friendship=Trust?

-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello guys and welcome to this week's DOTW. We discuss show and it's episodes every day of the week. Today, let's discuss your opinions on common themes shown in the episodes.

Please keep in mind that they are opinions so don't feel offended if one members response is different then your own 😃 

A simple question: What is trust and friendship to you? Are you easily gullible?

Does friendship mean friends for one day and enemies the next or once a friend, always a friend? Nowadays, in real life, you will find many people who make friends for selfish motives. (I myself know some so I can vouch for that) ðŸ˜† So yes, how is it when you trust someone and make them your friend and then you're back stabbed? How strong is your relationship with your friends? 

On to trust... Trust is a very fragile thing. Once you gain it, you've gained it. But once a stab comes, it impossible to completely regain the trust back. The person can become your friend once again but the same immense trust? Nope, that won't be there. Like I always love to tell this story: When a stone is thrown in the lake, it stays there for it's life time. Even if the stone is removed, the course of events have changed forever. Same is the case with trust. Mis-understandings/problems can be fixed. But the pain stays. What are your opinions on trust?

In short, I just wanted to discuss the meaning and responsibilities of your friends and it's relationship to trust. In the show, that is the main track going on for now. Thought it'd be somewhat related to not just know your opinions on the show but also your personal expertise and opinions. 

I'd also love to know which one you think is important. Friendship or trust. Both are things that go hand in hand. Yet, is there one you prefer over the other?

Interesting? I hope so. Couldn't find anything else to discuss 😛 

Waiting for replies! 

-Khushi.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CutielovesChocs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Reserved for a LAMBAAA sa comment! ðŸ˜†

Here it is: 

Woah, awesome topic Khushi, for starters! ðŸ˜† 

And friendship according to me, is the relationship that is the most beautiful of them all. After all, friends are the family we get to choose for ourselves. Isn't it? I value friendship and friends more than anything else. So, quite obviously, trust is an element that is crucial. Trust is always important, be it in any relationship.

It is something that takes ages to build and a second to break. Once broken, it takes ages once more, to build it. But you're right. It's not the same; it never will be. I'm a person who doesn't forgive easily. And that's my defense mechanism against being hurt. Once someone breaks my trust, it's very hard for me to accept the person for what they used to be. Yeah, they might not have meant it and yeah, it might have been a mistake but it takes extremely long for someone to realise that. And even when they have, it isn't easy to wipe off the memories of the times when you felt that acute stab of pain. You trusted someone and they didn't maintain it like they should have. 

People choose their friends for various reasons; loneliness, compatibility, to chill out, to name a few. I've always gone by the quote: 'People are there in your life for a reason, season or a lifetime'. And that's what I choose to believe. Some people, no matter how close they are, decide to enter your life, serve their purpose and walk out. Others, choose to stay for quite some time, ensuring that their time and reason in your life has been served. And there are only a few chosen ones, who stay for a lifetime. And yes the people in the last category may screw you up. 

It's really up to you. Whether you decide to give chances, no matter how bleak the situation might seem. No matter how broken you are. Trust is something that CAN be regained, although it might take a while. But you need to make an exception for those special ones who make your life worthwhile, who make you feel as if everything will be okay. 

--------------

Kahaan se kahaan pohonch gai main!? ðŸ¤£
Chaddo! 
Edited by CutielovesChocs - 11 years ago
-FrozenRain- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Greta one Khushi dear..
Hmm for me friendship stands on the foundation of trust...
 If the trust is gone  you can never share your deepest secrets to them..
 Friendship is really a  very deep and a strong bond and trust is the one that holds the bond even stronger..

Once hurt the crack always remains in the relationship.

NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Freindship , Trust.
To me these words are synonymous to each other or rather should be synonymous to each other.
Freindship is a beautiful relation.
One you make to make life more enjoyable.
Even if you've family you need freinds.
Family ofcourse means a lot, but with freinds one weaves a different world.
Freinds to me mean a lot and so does their trust.
Trust, to me is a precious feeling.
Which is why I neither give it easily nor do I ask my freinds to trust me.
It's their call.
If someone breaks my trust once, then I am not going to trust them for a long while.
-Araina- thumbnail
Originally posted by: asmaju

Greta one Khushi dear..
Hmm for me friendship stands on the foundation of trust...
 If the trust is gone  you can never share your deepest secrets to them..
 Friendship is really a  very deep and a strong bond and trust is the one that holds the bond even stronger..

Once hurt the crack always remains in the relationship.

Rightly said Asma. Trust holds friendship together. Hand in hand.
-Araina- thumbnail
Originally posted by: ehmmbhvirman

Nic post

Thank you.
-Araina- thumbnail
Originally posted by: FeistySoul

Freindship , Trust.
To me these words are synonymous to each other or rather should be synonymous to each other.
Freindship is a beautiful relation.
One you make to make life more enjoyable.
Even if you've family you need freinds.
Family ofcourse means a lot, but with freinds one weaves a different world.
Freinds to me mean a lot and so does their trust.
Trust, to me is a precious feeling.
Which is why I neither give it easily nor do I ask my freinds to trust me.
It's their call.
If someone breaks my trust once, then I am not going to trust them for a long while.

I cannot agree any less to what you've said! Even after having all the family love in the world, one always looks for friends. Namesake, family can be friends at times. But real friends have their own essence. Bold- one I wish everyone would possess ðŸ˜³ And true again. Once it is broken, it cannot be retained for a long period of time..
-Araina- thumbnail
LOL I haven't seen... Let's see how much you've typed for me to read *rubs hands*
-Araina- thumbnail
Originally posted by: CutielovesChocs

Reserved for a LAMBAAA sa comment! ðŸ˜†

Here it is: 

Woah, awesome topic Khushi, for starters! ðŸ˜†  Thank you 😆 

And friendship according to me, is the relationship that is the most beautiful of them all. After all, friends are the family we get to choose for ourselves. Isn't it? I value friendship and friends more than anything else. So, quite obviously, trust is an element that is crucial. Trust is always important, be it in any relationship. Correct! A family one can choose and is't already mapped out for them. With them, they can be themselves and it all begins with trust.. 

It is something that takes ages to build and a second to break. Once broken, it takes ages once more, to build it. But you're right. It's not the same; it never will be. I'm a person who doesn't forgive easily. And that's my defense mechanism against being hurt. Once someone breaks my trust, it's very hard for me to accept the person for what they used to be. Yeah, they might not have meant it and yeah, it might have been a mistake but it takes extremely long for someone to realise that. And even when they have, it isn't easy to wipe off the memories of the times when you felt that acute stab of pain. You trusted someone and they didn't maintain it like they should have. Agreed. Once you're hurt, you're hurt. I know I'm the kind of person who never forgives, let alone taking time to forgive. I've had some people in my choti si life till now that I haven't forgiven and I have no regrets for it. For me, it's like you break my trust, you can go to dot dot dot 😳 I have better people in life 🤣 Like I believe, better remember whom you're friends with before you decide to make them your enemy 😆

People choose their friends for various reasons; loneliness, compatibility, to chill out, to name a few. I've always gone by the quote: 'People are there in your life for a reason, season or a lifetime'. And that's what I choose to believe. Some people, no matter how close they are, decide to enter your life, serve their purpose and walk out. Others, choose to stay for quite some time, ensuring that their time and reason in your life has been served. And there are only a few chosen ones, who stay for a lifetime. And yes the people in the last category may screw you up. How much I believe that quote myself! Those who walk out were never meant to be in the first place. Even some stay for lifetime and can screw you up, like you said, but at times, that's how you like it, right? 

It's really up to you. Whether you decide to give chances, no matter how bleak the situation might seem. No matter how broken you are. Trust is something that CAN be regained, although it might take a while. But you need to make an exception for those special ones who make your life worthwhile, who make you feel as if everything will be okay. Can be regained? I'd disagree due to my own personal experiences. Maybe I cover up after my trust is broken and my I go cold hearted towards the person and refuse to listen to anything and anyone. Maybe that's why. But I never build trust back once it's broken. What's the guarantee it won't be broken again?

--------------

Kahaan se kahaan pohonch gai main!? ðŸ¤£
Chaddo! 

HAHA! Look what you made me turn into so early in the morning! A philosopher 😳🤣
CutielovesChocs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Trust can't be regained by everyone, mind you. 

I'm a total bitch to some people. I've shut them out of my life and I have NO regrets either. But then there are a few others I'd probably do anything for. We've had out fair share of ups and downs. I've had my flaws and they have had theirs. I've hurt them, they've hurt me. However, it depends on YOU. You need to prioritise. You need to realise what different people mean to you. 

That's what I meant by regaining trust. Because there are certain people with whom I have an amazing bond. I don't think anything can break it. Sure, there are a LOT of tugs but no breakages. We won't let it happen! *touch wood* ðŸ˜³-