Ramayan

~|| Neil Bhatt /Lakshman Appreciation Thread 4 ||~ - Page 5

Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Then thats fine arti...😳...yes I also wanted them to mention the name of versions they use at the beginning or end atleast in FB...but they give their own touch also...I feel...like see Queen Sunaina and Queen Kaikeyi what they made them to do! do you think such things might be in any versions
[/QUOTE]

cant say there are 300 versions couldbe possible  abhi to me so embarrassed i cant say it never happened blah blahπŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Stalwart. thumbnail
Okies leave all this aside...mein 10 min mein bhag jaunga...want some Neil,Lakshman,Urmila!!!πŸ˜‰
Incense thumbnail

guyz i was googling for krittivasssi ramayana and found one member in IF has shared some beautiful tales of krittivassi ramayana  here is the link 
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1695704 the mention of chandradev is in the second last comment...do read and commment the post is awesome😳

credit urmila member india forum mytho forum😳

Guru Vasistha fixed such a holy moment for the quadruple marriage of RLBS & SUMS that would result never separation between husband & wife. But all the Gods became worried by this arrangement & plan fully made that moment over!

So how did they undo it, and that too, so well that Sita was separated from Rama twice?

Being worried the Gods sent the Moon-God (Chandradev) to Mithila. He started to dance in the royal palace, & all became so mesmerized with Chandradev's dance that the holy moment fixed by Guru Vasistha passed away, & nobody noticed it!

Not only Sita was separated from Ram, but Urmila & Mandavi were also separated from their husbands later, right? So this plan of Gods became entirely successful. & about the second separation of Uttarkand, I think that Gods didn't want it! & they perhaps didn't thought about that separation, as they knew Lord Vishnu will surely fulfill his devotee's curse. But the first separation was needed for all of them & for mankind. So they only thought about Ravan's death & their liberation from all sufferings caused by demons at that time.  

Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
Incense thumbnail
okies now the question of the day do u know which is the best sholak in ramcharitmanas????πŸ˜› Edited by arti07 - 11 years ago
Stalwart. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: arti07

okies now the question of the day do u know which is the best sholak in valmiki ramayana????πŸ˜›

Donno hands up!!!Tongue

plz do enlighten me!!!!
Incense thumbnail

Once Vikramaditya asked which is the best sloka in Ramayana (ramcharitmanas )and offered a reward of 1000 gold coins. Vararuchi was a great Sanskrit scholar in the court of Vikramaditya. He tried to find the best sloka by discussing with many learned pandits. But could not arrive at a conclusion. One day while sleeping below a tree 2 Pishas (spirits) settled on the tree and were talking. As Vararuchi knew their language he was able to follow their conversation. They said as follows.

1st. Pishas: Where have you been?
2nd. Pishas: There was a birth of baby in a pariah's (one outside the four castes – a very low caste) house. I had a good feed of the offal's.
1st. Pishas: What child?
2nd. Pishas: A female one. I also read the fate of the child written on her head
1st. Pishas: Whom will she marry?
2nd. Pishas: The one below the tree who does not know the MAMVIDHI will marry her.

Hearing this Vararuchi was shocked but also happy that he got the answer. He immediately went to the King and recited the sloka in Ayodyakanda 40th Sarga

raman dashratham vidhi maam vidhi janak aatamjaam

ayodhyaam asthaveem vishi gacch taath yatha sukham

it is one tht sumitra said to lakshman wen he took her permission to accompany lord rama...

It has 3 meanings as follows.
Meaning 1:"Know Rama to be Dasaratha. Look upon Seetha the daughter of Janaka as myself. Consider the forest as Ayodhya and depart happily, my son!"
Meaning 2: Know Rama is one with 10 avtharas (Vishnu) Know Seetha as Lakshmi (Mam) and Know Forest as Ayodya (Un conquerable-Vaikunta) and depart happily
Meaning 3: Consider Dasaratha as Dead, consider me as departed to my maternal home (as widow), and forget Ayodya and depart happily.

the deeper meaning is if the mind is dwelled on almighty the desert appears as fertile land the barren lands are like heaven and if mind is deprived of lord's love even the luxuries and pleasure of the world cant make one happy and content...his life is purposeless πŸ˜³

varachui went to vikaramaditya and recited this sholka vikramaditya became impressed and gifted him 1000 coins  Vararuchi also asked king to kill the parchi child as it may bring kingdom under threat. The fate cheats him and he marries her thinking she is Brahmin....😳

http://mghariharan.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/best-sloka-in-ramayana/

Stalwart. thumbnail
Lakshman

When Lakshman was hit by Meghnaad's Shakti and became unconscious, Hanumaan went to bring Sanjeevanee herb from Himaalaya for his treatment. After he had left, Raam wails for Lakshman saying "Nij Jananee ke Ek Kumaaraa, Taat Taasu Tumh Praan Adhaaraa"
[Lankaa Kaand, after Dohaa No 60]

Sumitraa had twins - Lakshman and Shatrughn then why Raam should say that?

Its answer has already been provided by Tulasee Daas Jee himself there only. Immediately after the couplet quoted above, we find the following couplets - Meaning: "Umaa, (continues Lord Shiv), the Lord of the Raghu is one (without a second) and indivisible; He exhibited the ways of human being only because He is so compassionate to His devotees! The host of monkeys that surrounded the Lord were distressed to hear the Lord's frantic wailings. Presently arrived Hanumaan like a heroic strain in the midst of pathos!"

So Shiv Jee and Tulasee Daas Jee have themselves termed these wailings of the Lord as frantic. Which means that the emotions of the Lord at that fateful moment amidst the gruesome battleground of Lankaa, when such a beloved brother as Lakshman is lying unconscious in the jaws of death, the same Lakshman who is Raam's very life-breath moving outside, should not be measured on the scale of truthfulness and propriety etc.

No one else in this world is dearer to Raam than Lakshman, not even Seetaa, this is very much evident from the uttering of the Lord here. Also in Vaalmeeki Raamaayan, even Seetaa was aware of this fact, which She also told to Hanumaan - "Lakshman, the beloved brother of Raam is ever dearer to that prince (Raam) than I (Seetaa)"

If you say that Lord has mentioned Aanjaneya as "You are twice as dear to me as is Lakshman", then it is to be taken in the same sense as when someone says "You are dearer to me than my life" ...thus Hanumaan is twice dearer to Raam, but we must not forget that Lakshman is still the very life-breath of Raam. This also shows the level of oneness with Lakshman that Raam has; He could frankly say this to Hanumaan in front of Lakshman himself, without least bothering about him, this proves indeed that Lakshman is Raam's alter-ego. Life-breath stays with us silently; even if we consider someone greater than it then also it doesn't leave of us.

Although we, with our tiny intellect can never compare the two Param Bhakt of Raam, Bharat and Lakshman, but still this is a fact that ..Raam could bear and survive many days in separation from His beloved Jaanakee; and He could even survive the separation from His dearest brother Bharat for 14 years; but anytime when the question of separation from His life-breath Lakshman arose, He could not just imagine His existence without him even for a day. He is ready to give His life when He beholds Lakshman lying unconscious and also later on in Vaalmeeki Raamaayan, Uttar Kaand also when He had to exile Lakshman, He at once decides to leave this Prithvi for His divine abode.

So if such a Lakshman is lying unconscious in front of Him, then can we expect Him to speak a well measured out speech? This words spoken in lamentation are an attestation to His most piteous state at that moment... it just shows the sorrowful state of His mind!

In Vaalmeeki Raamaayan also Lord's pathos is such that He mentions - Meaning: Wives may be found everywhere and kinsmen too can be had everywhere, I, however, see no place where a uterine (real) brother could be had.
[Vaalmeeki Raamaayan 6:101-15]

Here Lord addresses His brother Lakshman as Sahodar, but that only goes to show His intense attachment and love for him. It was only proper and befitting to weep for the brother who was prepared to abandon everything and even to die and undergo all sorts of sufferings but by showing the limit of grief on this occasion the compassionate Lord showed to us mortals, how the brotherly affection should be like!

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: arti07

yaa dont wanna compare but cv forced us to compare  i m maha impressed with this version of urmila she is so mature intellegent and pious character if ramayana is happened according to this version i would worship only one lady thts URMILA...πŸ‘

and did u noticed it was laskhman who was crying to leave her she didnt even shed a single tears 😲wht was tht man i m speechless... urmila u re defined the meaining of love hats off pallavi u won me completely πŸ‘

so true...wow that was a brilliant scene
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
@krishni/..

i dont think it is practical to show which scene is from which version..so i wont demand it at all...

Edited by nneeiill - 11 years ago
Stalwart. thumbnail
                        VALMIKI RAMAYAN

Lakshmana is lkmano aksmi sampanna or lakmi asya astti lakmaa Lakshmana is the favoured flourisher. The wealth of selfless dedication is in him, hence Lakshmana. One who is endowed with favoured dedication, kainkarya lakshana lakshita Lakshmana is a hearty dedication to Rama and he always wishes to reside by the side of his brother.

Rama is admittedly a champion of riding elephants and horses, also in tactical charioting, and he rejoices in the art of archery, and absorbed in the obedient service of his father. Right from childhood Lakshmana, the enhancer of prosperity, is always amiable towards his world-charming elder brother Rama.

Lakshmana who is endowed with the wealth of dedication dedicated himself to Rama with bodily service, and while performing all agreeable deeds in respect of Rama, he behaved like Rama's alter ego. That best one among the men Rama does not get his sleep without Lakshmana and he would not eat food brought for him, however delicious it may be, without Lakshmana. Whenever Raghava mounts a horse and goes on a hunting game Lakshmana rushes after him wielding his bow as a squire.