Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Indian idol (Page 97)

luving_gal_neha Senior Member
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 3:37am | IP Logged

Oh cool!!! Thnx sakshi...

Abhi is soo sweet but sum where i am feeling he has got that fame nerve in him now!!! Gosh!! Hope it dosent affects him much and may he b the way he was sweet and humble.....

Well now i am lusing all my craze in this indian idol stuff!! Its getting soo boring know!!!Wen will i grow up bcum the best in my field!!

Lolz

All the best abhi!! 

simple320 Goldie
simple320
simple320

Posted: 22 May 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged
thanks for the interview......
luving_gal_neha Senior Member
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 1:08am | IP Logged

Aika Abhijeet!

Abhijeet Sawant, India's first-ever Indian Idol, is well on his way to ultimate stardom, fame and fortune. To begin at the beginning, this teenager was one confused dude! To enter or not to enter the Indian Idol contest was a question that plagued his mind! So finally, it was his peers who helped him make up his mind. They were the ones who prodded Abhijeet into signing up! The rest, as they say, is history! Past, present and future. For, from now on we'll have to tune our ears and listen to the voice of Abhijeet. In other words, as they'd say in Marathi, aika Abhijeet (listen to Abhijeet)! Excerpts from an interview.

What are the first thoughts that enter your mind today?
At the very onset of the show, I never thought that I'd win the title. I knew I was a good singer, so all I wanted out of the contest was to be recognized as a singer! Period! So, when I finally got a slot among the final three winners, I realized that I had already achieved what I set out to. From then on it did not matter whether I became the Indian Idol or not. I wanted recognition! I'd got it! The Indian Idol title was just the cherry on the icing.

You've just released your first album?
It has been titled Aapka Abhijeet Sawant and comprises love songs. There are 10 numbers, of which 'Jaana' has been sung along with Prajakta Shukre, one of the Indian Idol contestants. 'Ek jahan' means 'One world' and highlights HIV. It features all the Indian Idol finalists. The album concludes with my winning performance of the song, 'Mohabbatein Lutaaunga' of which there is also a music video."

Why the unusual title?
The reason we named this album Aapka Abhijeet Sawant is because we wanted to respect the sentiments of all those millions who voted in for me. They chose me. I have to be grateful to them for that and so my album is my gift to them.

Did you always want to become a singer?
I dreamt about being a singer right through my school days and had made up my mind to pursue a singing career soon after my 10th standard exams. Inspite of the pressure to conform to the career plans my peers were following, I refused to walk down the well-trodden path of boring but safe career choices. I meticulously coached myself in classical singing, for three years, under Bhavdeep Jaipurwale. I look back on this fondly and prescribe it as a must-do for anyone who aspires to be a singer. I also play the tanpura and harmonium.

What about your studies?
I took care of my academic pursuits. I'm a B Com graduate from Chetana College and live in Mahim with my younger sister and parents. I'm the only one in the family who loves music besides my uncle, singer Sanjay Sawant. I have been inspired by him and remember admirers reacting to his musical performances.

Are you insecure about other Indian Idol contestants receiving plum offers, like Amit Tandon acting in a Sony serial, Rahul Vaidya's singing almost overshadowing you in another?
I am neither worried nor insecure about this. I'm instead happy for the other participants. We all tried our best. Just because the others did not win and are still getting offers, doesn't mean that I should get insecure. I wish them all success.

Have you changed after success touched you?
I am still the same person.

What does your contract with Sony include?
I've a two-year contract with Sony Entertainment Television (SET) and also a two-album deal with Sony Music. As a brand ambassador for Sony I'll also take part in serials and other events organized by SET.

And, has Bollywood beckoned?
Yes. I've already been getting offers and after this album I'll decide what to do about them. I want to go in for playback singing, especially for Shah Rukh Khan or Amitabh Bachchan.

Aren't talent hunts just a publicity gimmick for the organizers? Besides Sunidhi Chauhan not many have made it…
Talent hunts do bring out the true singer in you. But only if the singer wishes to work hard! You have to also be good in your field, to survive in the industry. This is because I've seen other talent hunts and what I've observed about them is that they concentrate more on the dancing, the performing and not on the singing. What they want is dancers, not singers. That is why they do not survive in the singing arena, be it playback or pop. I am a singer. Nothing else! I feel that if I put in more efforts I can soon rise to the top. I can tell you confidently that if I work hard and am good at my work you can meet me after five years for another interview.

You're a simple guy from a simpler background. Has all this adulation started getting on your nerves?
I'm happy that I've become so popular. My life-style has obviously changed. I am sure that no way would I want to go back to what I was, to where I came from. Well, earlier I did not have so much money and now that I have, I'm just enjoying life. Before Indian Idol happened, I had decided to give myself two to three years to make it as a singer and if nothing happened, to take up a desk job.

After Aapka Abhijeet Sawant it will only be next year that your second album will be launched. What if this first album comes a cropper?
I hope that the album does well for there are some touching songs in it. I'm confident that it will do well. I was not very much involved in the whole process of creating the album, but wherever I felt that I needed to change something I was given the freedom to speak out. I got a lot of help from the people who were involved in its making, like Raju Singh, Biddu, Hardip Sidhu etc. They taught me how to showcase my voice and trained me to sing certain parts of the songs.

Any tips for contestants of future talent (singing) contests?
The main reason that I am here is because of my song selection. I had selected mainly slow and romantic songs that touch the heart and I guess my style of singing them propelled me ahead of all the others.

Wrong question, but does the future worry you?
I don't think so! My labour has brought me the fruits in the form of the Indian Idol title and its perks: a one 1 crore contract with Sony, a Honda City car, and a trip to Switzerland. I'm happy. So, why worry?

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Idol finalists back on stage
   By: Haem Roy
   May 23, 2005

WE WILL ROCK YOU! Amit Sana. Prajakta Shukre, Abhijeet Sawant and Rahul Vaidya
Indian Idol may long be over, but the show's finalists are sure making waves across the country.

While Abhijeet Sawant has already come out with his debut album and is now making his foray into playback, Rahul Vaidya is doing playback singing for a number of films too. Amit Sana and Prajakta Shukre too have their fair share of offers and are slowly climbing their way up the music industry ladder.

For all those who thought that the journey for the finalists ended with the conclusion of Indian idol, here's some great news.

MTV hosted an exclusive music session with Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant along with Prajakta Shukre, Amit Sana and Rahul Vaidya on Friday, May 20.

This show was organised as part of their show MTV Sessions. All four singers belted a series of hit numbers.

The show was kickstarted by Indian Idol Abhijeet serenading the audience with his hit track Mohabbatein Lutaunga.

The trio of Prajakta Shukre, Amit Sana and Rahul Vaidya gave a heart-warming performance with the haunting Pal and Ek Jahan.

Some other popular songs that were sung were Yaaron Chalo, Lafzon Mein, Jaana Zindagi Hai, Tauba Tauba, Woh Lamhe, Kal Ho Na Ho and Dum Maaro Dum.

The concert will premier on MTV on June 18 at 12 noon and will have a repeat telecast on June 19 at 6.30 pm and on June 26 at 10 am.

cuterawan Groupbie
cuterawan
cuterawan

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 1:32pm | IP Logged
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... advice to abhijeet: TURN IT DOWN DUDE! i agree with luving _gal_neha , his interview by aries, was very egoistic!!!!!!!!!!!! he shud know that fame is a fickle mystery and its easy come easy go, shud control his nerves , or else he'll be the once upon a time thingys soooooooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!! abhi plz be the same simple and HUMBLE abhi like before, still best of luck to him for a bright future and hopefully he comes back to earth soon, btw i think he likes prajakta......... alot!!!!!!!!! of all the contestants he chose PRAJAKTA HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!Wink
snowflakes Groupbie
snowflakes
snowflakes

Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:21pm | IP Logged

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......... advice to abhijeet: TURN IT DOWN DUDE! i agree with luving _gal_neha , his interview by aries, was very egoistic!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOLLOLLOL hahahahaha! gud abhijeet ur finally showing ur TRUE egoistic colours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Clap

I am sure Amit was the best in the MTV concert! and abhijeet the w***t(as usual)( no offence just an opinion)!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait to watch amit perform Voh lamhe!

Edited by snowflakes - 24 May 2005 at 3:14am
dream IF-Dazzler
dream
dream

Posted: 24 May 2005 at 4:41am | IP Logged

Hi

Fanz (esp. of Bangladesh) would U tell me pleazzzzzzz what happened to D JUICE CONCERT, why the idols aren't coming??? U know I bought 7 D JUICE SIM CARDS, so that I can get the XTRA CARD which we need to enter the Stadium where the concert was said to be held. But now I heard that they'll come at the end of this May or at the 1st week of June .I'm sooo much excited to watch them especially Rahul Vaidya. Anyway Are U all watching the D JUICE CONCERT 1 on NTV (at 9.30p.m), when 1st time I saw it I was miserable because there were only 2 songs of both Sana & Saxena {dewana tera & Kal ho Na ho} shown & really I think that was their one of the bad performance but last week's episode was mind blowing both Sana & Saxena sung sooooooo well, I must admit that …hope tonight's episode will also create DHOOM!!!!! & Thikana pleazzzzzzzzzzzz yaar tell me about the D JUICE CONCERT 2.

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 24 May 2005 at 7:42am | IP Logged

Hi dream,

As long as i know Govt is not giving permission to bring them.... But they r still trying....

If they come to bd then they will also perform in Gulshan Club... may b on 28th...

yeah Sana n Saxena rocked!!ClapClap But the recording isn't good that NTV is showing Ouch.... their live performance was awesome....ClapClap

Edited by thhikana - 24 May 2005 at 7:44am

Go to top