Originally posted by luving_gal_neha

Di!!! sum posts of abhi too!!! even i put sum posts of amit!!Wink

No new news......Unhappy

jdmgrh Newbie
jdmgrh
jdmgrh

Posted: 01 May 2005 at 2:23pm | IP Logged
Abhijeet Sawant to perform in Bangladesh

Dhaka, May 1 (PTI): Abhijeet Sawant, the winner of the 'Indian Idol' programme, will perform along with two finalists of the show in Bangladesh next week to help raise funds for football, organisers said today.

Sawant accompanied by Rahul Vaidya and Prajakta Shukre, who were finalists in the competition which was launched to find a singing sensation in India, would arrive here on May 10 to perform in Dhaka to help raise funds for the Bangladesh Football Federation.

Several Bangladeshi bands would also perform along with the Indian singers. Last month, 'Indian Idol' finalists Amit Sana and Rahul Saxena had thrilled crowds with their performances in Dhaka and south-eastern port city of Chittagong.

"They are equally popular here in Bangladesh as in India," an official said.

snowflakes Groupbie
snowflakes
snowflakes

Posted: 01 May 2005 at 6:07pm | IP Logged

way to go Amit!!!!!!! Clap, the music of both these movies is really nice......!!!!!!!!!!!!!yeah, i feel like screaming out of happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is just  the beginning.agay agay dekho hota hai kya!!!!!!!!!!!!Wink

btw abhijeet gr8 to know that u have a reallyyyyyyyyyy big heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Shama Senior Member
Shama
Shama

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Rahul Vaidya to perform live
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   May 2, 2005

A hitList Correspondent
Rahul Vaidya
Indian Idol finalist Rahul Vaidya, who was a hot favourite in this Sony show, now turns stage singer. His first public show will be staged on May 3 at Prabodhan Thackeray auditorium, Borivili.

"People have an opportunity to see and hear Rahul Vaidya live in concert. This is his first show as a stage singer," say Chandresh Shah and Sachin Shah of Rangat, the organisers of the event in association with Max Entertainment.

Interestingly, this is the first in a series of concerts lined up at several venues in Mumbai.

Plans are also on to have Amit Sana as part of the stage show. "It has always been my ambition to become the No 1 playback singer," says Vaidya. "I also want to become an actor in future, " he adds.

Vaidya deems this event as important as this is his first attempt at a stage show. He has performed several times in charity and Idol-related shows previously.

The Idol finalist, who began singing under the guidance of Suresh Wadkar at an early age, has appeared in numerous TV shows like Star Yaar Kalakaar, Antakshari and Aao Jhoome Gaaye. He has also lent his voice to several jingles.

Incidentally, Rangat has staged several musical shows like Love.com, Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani and Dil Se.

Watch Rahul Vaidya live in concert on May 3 at 8.45 pm at Prabodhan Thackeray auditorium, Borivili

Shama Senior Member
Shama
Shama

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 2:20am | IP Logged

This is for Neha....Tongue

Sawant all set to wow Bangladesh

Dhaka, May 2. (PTI): Abhijeet Sawant, the winner of the 'Indian Idol' programme, will perform along with two finalists of the show in Bangladesh next week to help raise funds for football, organisers said on Sunday. Sawant accompanied by Rahul Vaidya and Prajakta Shukre, who were finalists in the competition which was launched to find a singing sensation in India, would arrive here on May 10 to perform in Dhaka to help raise funds for the Bangladesh Football Federation. Several Bangladeshi bands would also perform along with the Indian singers. Last month, 'Indian Idol' finalists Amit Sana and Rahul Saxena had thrilled crowds with their performances in Dhaka and south-eastern port city of Chittagong.

"They are equally popular here in Bangladesh as in India," an official said.

Shama Senior Member
Shama
Shama

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 3:03am | IP Logged

One crore and more Television
Sony's Indian Idol has been an 'everyone wins' show

By Sangeeta John

Life will never be the same for Abhijeet Sawant and Amit Sana. For Sawant because he won Sony Television's Indian Idol, for Sana because he didn't. Yet the two cannot be clubbed under the simplistic labels of winner and loser; the advertising blitzkrieg that accompanied the programme have ensured that they have become two of the most recognised faces in India.

No more struggle for me: A jubilant Abhijeet Sawant

It has not been an easy ride for the two boys, who hail from humble backgrounds. It took months of hard work and endless performances before a panel of critical (and often rude) judges—choreographer-director Farah Khan, music director-cum-singer Anu Malik and singer Sonu Nigam—who allowed them to proceed to the piano round, the crucial one where the reins of their future were handed over to the audience.

The audience did not disappoint. Until the telephone lines closed at 9 a.m. on March 5, they smsed their votes—a mind boggling 5.5 crore of them. Then began the wait. Tension ran riot in drawing rooms around the country and zinged in the air at the Famous Studio at Mahalakshmi where a two-hour live recording (aired later at night) would reveal the chosen one. Though the 450-strong audience was divided in their choice of a winner, they cheered and sang along with the two finalists. Until, sans too much melodrama, Sawant was declared the first Indian Idol.

Though the results did not come as a surprise to many, it left the boys stunned. While Sawant flashed his famous smile, Sana stood expressionless. "I won't have to struggle anymore," said Sawant, 24, who won a contract worth Rs 1 crore, an album with Sony and a Honda City from Ambi Car Perfumes.

Sana took a more pragmatic approach. "Even if I am not the Idol, I will definitely get offers," said Sana, who plans to shift to Mumbai from Bhilai where his father works at the steel plant. "Once I do, I will start earning for the first time. I want to buy my parents happiness." Sony, too, will stand by him. The channel confirmed Farah Khan's announcement that it is signing a contract with him.

What should warm most hearts is that none of the 11 finalists have gone home empty-handed. "None of us need struggle any more," said Prajikta Shukre, 17, the youngest of the 11. "Indian Idol has been a great platform for me. I am flooded with offers from music directors." One of whom is Anu Malik.

Malik is also helping Rahul Vaidya, who has bagged a contract worth Rs 20 lakh with Sony. "Vaidya will be singing the lead song for Vashu Bhagnani's next film," he said. "I am also doing something with Sana." Another finalist Rahul Saxena has been signed by Farah to sing the lead song in her next film Happy New Year, while Amit Tandon will star in Balaji Production's next venture on Sony called Kaisa Ye Payar Hai. Ravinder Rai, the painter, was gifted Rs 60,000 from ICICI bank and Manish Pancholi is being sponsored by Optimistix till he gets his break.

"The objective was to reach out to as many people as possible through a format which has run successfully in 25 countries," said Tushar Shah, vice-president, marketing and communication, Sony. "We have also got a mass viewership of 51 million. The ratings in the last week were 11.5, which is high for a non-fiction programme."

But this is where the first dark spot in this glitzy show surfaces. Going by TAM ratings, Indian Idol hit a high only in the last three episodes. The cost per ratings points average is just 5 to 5.5 per cent, which is a poor show for Sony in the revenue market. The channel also reportedly spent Rs 50 lakh on each episode, but was able to recover only Rs 10 to 15 lakh per episode, making it a shocking investment decision. "Indian Idol has been an insignificant programme occurrence so far as channel shares in Hindi general entertainment is concerned," said Ajay Vidyasagar, senior vice-president, marketing and communication, Star India. "What was to be Sony's biggest product for this year has given a mere 5 to 5.5 per cent channel share, when Zee has 5 per cent and Star Plus 19 per cent."

According to another industry source, "The channel concentrated so much on the promotion of Indian Idol that the ratings of its other serials suffered." But Shah of Sony maintains that "our channel shares have gone up from 22 per cent to 30 per cent (till Feb. 5, 2005) in the 9 to 11 p.m. time band and, with TVRS peaking after Feb. 5, the channel share has gone up even further."

Even if I am not the Idol, I will definitely get offers. I want to buy my parents happiness with the money I earn.

Amit Sana

But for the channel, it was the experience that counted. "It has been our biggest challenge," says Shah, who is pleased that the show created a buzz in the average Indian household. According to Meenakshi Madhvani, managing partner at Spatial Access, "Indian Idol has been a complete package. The marketing and promotions have all been unique." As was the emotional quotient.

To FremantleMedia, the original creators of the show, India has been a phenomenal success. "It is one of the best I have ever seen," says Rob Clark, senior vice-president, production. "It was an emotional journey and I was so pleased to see how everyone in the audience was involved."

It's not the end of the road for the show or its winner. After a week-long holiday in Switzerland for Sawant and Sana, along with their families, Sawant will settle into his next schedule, which will prepare him for the international Pop Idols later this year end. "We want to give a face to the name before we make him into a pop sensation," says Tarun Kathiyal, programming head at Sony. "We also plan a second season this year." Viewers will only be happy to participate and, perhaps, this time around, it can shut up the critics, too. 

Go to top