By the way,

Shubho NoboBorsho (happy Bangla new year...1 Boishakh 1412) to all...Hug

Edited by thhikana - 14 April 2005 at 8:31am

Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 3:36am | IP Logged
are u bengali thikkana ? i am bengali. subho naboborsho 2 u 2.
gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 4:47am | IP Logged
 Abhijeet sang very well in yesterday's JJKN!!!Clap
Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 4:58am | IP Logged
you can meet abhijeet sawant at 8:00pm on popkorn.i want 2 watch it.
shabanaz Groupbie
shabanaz
shabanaz

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 8:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by gamezone

well said.......LOL 

well indeed!!! if u consider abhijeet's standerd! LOL

isse behtaar or o kar hi keya saktehe.....LOL

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 8:33am | IP Logged

Originally posted by radz_2cool

are u bengali thikkana ? i am bengali. subho naboborsho 2 u 2.

really thats gr8! Smile

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 8:40am | IP Logged

Originally posted by gamezone

Seriously?? i think he can sing a bit better than that!! it was one of his worst performances, which happens quite often though!......LOL

shabanaz Groupbie
shabanaz
shabanaz

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 2:02pm | IP Logged
After the 15 minutes

Somashukla Sinha Walunjkar

New Delhi, April 13, 2005|18:37 IST
<> var href= window.location.href; href = href.substring(7); var idx = href.indexOf("/"); var relpath = href.substring(idx); document.write("" + "
");
Advertisement
0.gif" width=1>
var zflag_nid="294"; var zflag_cid="1"; var zflag_sid="0"; var zflag_width="180"; var zflag_height="150"; var zflag_sz="13"; < marginWidth=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://c2.zedo.com/jsc/c2/ff2.?n=294;c=1;d=13;w=180;h=150" Border=0 width=180 scrolling=no height=150 allowTransparency>< ="" src="http://c2.zedo.com/jsc/c2/ff2.js"> </>

In October 2000, India's first 'tele-crorepati' Harshvardhan Nawathe, 24, won Kaun Banega Crorepati. Prior to that, Nawathe's ambition was to take the IAS exam. It never happened.

What happened was something that Nawathe describes as "traumatic": "My life changed overnight. I was so swept off by the win that I gave up my IAS plans. I lost my sense of direction in life and didn't know what to do," he says. If success went to his head then, he has since realised the realities of life: "I'm using my prize money to study MBA in Edinburgh."

At least Nawathe won a crore. Mumbai-based Belarussian dance teacher Tatsiana can't even claim that glory. She won the Zee Music- Musafir Item Bomb Hunt amid fanfare. All she got to do was a blink-and-you-miss-me sequence in the Sanjay Dutt song, Tez dhaar (remember the skimpily-clad gori in Dutt's arms in the car?). Last heard: Tatsiana has gone back to teaching dance, with no new film offers in hand.

Harshvardhan Nawathe  says life was "traumatic" after he won KBC
Mumbai girl Rakhi Shivsagar, who won Pritish Nandy Communications' Item Bomb Hunt last November, faced the same fate. All she got was a small appearance in one of the songs of Shabd. Not much has happened since.

Do talent hunts really matter in the long run, then? "A film is an ideal platform," defends Rongita Pritish Nandy of PNC. "Whether a newcomer manages to make a mark will depend on his or her abilities." In fact, most newcomers going for talent hunts have come to realise as much. As Pune-based Panchi Bora, 19, one of the fresh faces selected from 10,000 hopefuls for Ekta Kapoor's MTV soap, Kitni Mast Hai Zindagi, says: "I'll certainly complete college too, to keep my options open."

Indeed, the picture isn't always rosy. Music bands Viva and Aasma were chosen as Channel [V] Popstars from thousands of hopefuls all over India. Two years later Viva has split after their debut album, while Aasma are doing only stage shows. Indian Idol winner Abhijeet Sawant has just launched his first pop album but hasn't got any playback offers yet. Meanwhile, Sony is already gearing up for Indian Idol 2.

Filmmaker Hansal Mehta launched a nationwide hunt for his 2001 flick, Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai, a box-office dud. Only two faces from half a dozen newcomers selected have survived: while Samita Bangargi has resorted to music video (Jadoo teri nazar remix), Payal Rohatgi has become a staple siren in C-grade sex flicks. "Winning a talent hunt opens doors but unless you're lucky, you can't succeed afterwards," admits Payal.

Still, others are keeping their fingers crossed. And they include Sahara's Mr & Miss Bollywood (Maninder Singh and Deepa Bakshi), and winners of Zee's Cinestar Ki Khoj (Aditi Sharma and Sarwar Ahuja).

Go to top