Indian idol (Page 65)

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 13 April 2005 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Touch of home on Sana's lips
OUR CORRESPONDENT
Amit Sana in Jamshedpur. Picture by Srinivas

Jamshedpur, April 12: He may not have been able to become the nation's first "Indian Idol", but Amit Sana's melodious voice won the hearts of many and offers from music directors like Sandeep Chowta and Anu Malik are still pouring in.

Sana, the budding talent, originally from Bhillai, who later settled in this city for higher education, went down memory lane and shared his experiences today with The Telegraph.

The 22-year-old runner-up at the "Indian Idol" contest, was in the city to participate in a musical show organised at Golmuri Club.

A final year student of information technology at a city-based computer training centre, Amit has decided to give equal time to education. "I will be in Jamshedpur during my exams. I have no plans to drop my studies but will concentrate on singing too," he said.

"I don't regret not having won the Indian Idol title. I gave my best. It was just a matter of chance that Abhijit Sawant bagged it," said Amit.

He is happy that there still are people who appreciate his talent, and this, he believes, is more than achieving a title. Offers have also come from music directors like Anu Malik and Sandeep Chowta who are eager to work with him.

Amit informed that he will not only be a playback singer in movies but is also going to release his new album in association with Sony-BMG. The album is being worked out and is expected to hit the stands soon, he added.

Amit has matured and is now more confident while handling the media and interviews.

"My participation in the Indian Idol has a significant role to play in shaping my personality and what I am today. The best part of the contest was that it made a performer out of a mere singer," he said.

Amit is going to perform mostly in live shows. He has already performed in Mumbai, Calcutta, Ahmedabad and New Delhi.

"I thank God that no matter where I perform, it has always been successful," he says.

Amit is also planning to take some lessons on dancing from Bollywood choreographer Farah Khan so that he can be a complete entertainer. He also intends to learn regional and foreign languages so that he can perform on the international stages.

Amit loves Jamshedpur because it is more close to the heart, unlike the glamorous cities of Mumbai or Bangalore.

"Jamshedpur has a blend of different cultures and people here are talented enough to inspire budding singers like me to climb the ladder of success," he said.

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 1:37am | IP Logged

Thanxxx for the post Thikkana!!! It is really exciting 2 c Amit getting a chance 2 sing with music directors like Anu Malik and Sandeep ChowtaSmile

I m very very Happy.

Shama Senior Member
Shama
Shama

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 2:52am | IP Logged

Hey thikana!! keep up the gr8 posts!!

i m really looking forward to amit's album.....after all shud be smthing worth buying from the music stores....Wink

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 2:59am | IP Logged

thanx Gamezone & Shama..... i m excited too.....Smile

By the way,

Shubho NoboBorsho (happy Bangla new year...1 Boishakh 1412) to all...Hug

Edited by thhikana - 14 April 2005 at 8:31am
Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 3:36am | IP Logged
are u bengali thikkana ? i am bengali. subho naboborsho 2 u 2.
gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 4:47am | IP Logged
 Abhijeet sang very well in yesterday's JJKN!!!Clap
Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 4:58am | IP Logged
you can meet abhijeet sawant at 8:00pm on popkorn.i want 2 watch it.
shabanaz Groupbie
shabanaz
shabanaz

Posted: 14 April 2005 at 8:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by gamezone

Abhijeet sang very well in yesterday's JJKN!!!Clap

well said.......LOL 

well indeed!!! if u consider abhijeet's standerd! LOL

isse behtaar or o kar hi keya saktehe.....LOL

Go to top