Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Indian idol (Page 64)

racks Newbie
racks
racks

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 10:09am | IP Logged
hye everybody,
i am a new member of this forum.i heard somewhere that rahul and prajakta are coming on kkusum.can anybody tell me when that episode will be aired?

luving_gal_neha Senior Member
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 10:25am | IP Logged
hehe!!! i donn know it!! I can juz say 11th-14th of april ke beech meinBig smile
Mrs.Brett Lee IF-Rockerz
Mrs.Brett Lee
Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 08 April 2005 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
neha !congrats for your 100 posts andyour avataar is so sweet .i love your avataar. 
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Hey radhika!!!! I never noticed i made it to 100 postsLOL Neways.. thanx!!
II&HP fan Senior Member
II&HP fan
II&HP fan

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 2:19am | IP Logged

racks ,

Are they really coming on KKusum? Thats awesome!! Big smile

dream IF-Dazzler
dream
dream

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 3:17am | IP Logged

Hello

Have you all watched HOLI HAI!! Idol finalists were on it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rahul was looking fabulous!!!!!!!!!!! He was looking cutestttttt when he sung Yeh jawani &  during the song pal he acted like playing a guitar, it was superbbbbbbbbbb!!!!!

Rahul Vaidya has been signed for singing some songs in Kaisa yeh pyar hai {as the lead actors playing a singers role in it} 

Have you watched AAPKA ABHIJIT? Rahul sung the KAAL song Tauba tauba......he was super cool!!! The show seemed more of Rahuls than Abhijits, Rahul sung Kaisa yeh pyar hai . God!!!! Mind blowing............ I loved it & just 4 that Ive started watching the show.

Rahul also came on Ponds Femina Miss India & sung

Rahulll also come in KKusum, watch it next Monday

.Rahul Vaidya ...

Hey theres news for all  Amit Sana & Rahul Saxena are coming to Bangladesh for a concert. They will come on 28th April & then there will be a concert in Chittagong & then in Dhaka .As Im Bangladeshi I can go to see it but I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much unhappy that Rahul Vaidya isnt here, if he were there I would definitely go there .. But he cannot come because of his contract with Sony. But I also heard Rahul Vaidya, Abhijit & Prajakta will come in Bangladesh on next April. Rahul Saxena is also my favourite but . Ill tell u all what happened there {because my friends will go there definitely to see Rahul Saxena}

Edited by dream - 09 April 2005 at 3:18am
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 09 April 2005 at 10:21am | IP Logged

Lokhandwala resident and top-notch lyricist Sameer admits to wishing he would get an opportunity to write songs for Abhijeet Sawant whenever he watched episodes of Indian Idol.

Explains Sameer, "I always thought Abhijeet was the complete package. He has the talent, personality and looks and I like his voice." Sameer's wish came true after Sony asked him to pen songs for Abhijeet's first solo album.

He reveals, "I was pleasantly surprised when Sony approached me. I felt that the album would have to be fresh, different and new and I wanted to be a part of it." The album titled Aapka Abhijeet will be released on April 7. Composers Prempal and Hardip and Biddu have composed the songs of the album.

Sameer says he had a great time working on the album. He reveals, "I like working with youngsters and enjoyed penning songs for the album. Abhijeet has a melodious voice and romantic songs suit him. Though I write songs of all kinds, I personally prefer romantic ones."

However, this is not the first time that Sameer has written for Abhijeet. During the final round of the show, he wrote Mohabatein lootaoonga, which he says was greatly appreciated by the audience.

The song now features on the new album. "I am sure people will also like the album, which features seven new songs," adds Sameer. This is his third pop album after Adnan Sami's Tera Chehra and Falguni Pathak's Yaad Piya Ki Aaye.

Speaking of his advice to Abhijeet, Sameer says, "This is the beginning for Abhijeet and he has miles to travel. I have told him that he must put in his very best all the time like he did during Indian Idol."

The lyricist is now looking forward to the releases of Lucky, Waqt, Kya Kool Hai Hum and Main Aisa Hi Hoon.

His other projects are Maine Pyar Kyon Kiya directed by David Dhawan, starring Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Sushmita Sen and Sohail Khan, Boney Kapoor's No Entry and Garam Masala directed by Priyadarshan.

However, right now he's writing something entirely different. "I am now busy writing my autobiography titled Safarnama, about my life in the industry," reveals Sameer.

Looking back at the range of different songs he has written, Sameer says he does have certain favourites. He explains, "I think a love triangle brings out the best in me. There are emotions of love, betrayal and romance and that always provides a lot of inspiration for a writer."

Sameer adds that he enjoys working with youngsters. "They are the future and give me the inspiration to constantly add something fresh and different," he says.

joyeeta@mid-day.com

The words are beautiful: Abhijeet

Says Abhijeet Sawant, "I am happy that Sameerji has penned such beautiful songs for me. The words are very meaningful and I feel privileged. Now I hope my album sells well."

jdmgrh Newbie
jdmgrh
jdmgrh

Posted: 11 April 2005 at 6:21am | IP Logged

From the Deccan Herald...

Idols in the waiting
Dipti Nair
Metrolife caught up with finalists of the Indian Idol show, who also performed at Shahrukh Khan's Temptations 2005 evening.

Rahul Vaidya, Prajakta Shukre, Aditi Paul and Mukesh Pancholi needed no introduction when they performed to a packed audience at Ambedkar Bhavan on Saturday evening. The crowd knew the new celebrities, who incidentally, were made by them.

Such was the fan following for the finalists of the Sony TV Indian Idol show, that a woman in a fit of enthusiasm slipped her heavy golden bracelet on to Rahul Vaidya's wrist. Vaidya, the darling of the show, who lost out to Abhijeet Sawant and Amit Sana in the finals, is enjoying his moment in the sun. "I will give it to my mum, she will be able to tell me if it is gold," he says, looking every bit a celebrity.

With the physical makeovers, mental makeup and attitudes have also changed. The lovable Vaidya, in black lacy shirt with dark glasses and streaked hair completing the designer look, turns out to be the most media savvy.
Advertisement

Realising he slipped on the "gold" quote, he quickly goes on to say, how the 11 finalists were like a team and every time a participant had to drop out, each felt bad for the other. Adds Prajakta Shukre, who was the only one to get Vaidy's vote, "During the last stages, we were all staying together at a star hotel in Mumbai and would eat our meals together at this long dinning table. As the weeks went by, there would be one member less and that made us feel really bad."

Admitting that he did not expect to lose, Vaidya says, "It is true, jo jeeta wohi Sikander." Nonetheless, he adds that the competition made him aware of the tremendous talent that is available in the country. "But, of course, luck plays a very big part."

Seventeen-year-old Vaidya, who dropped out of school - for the time being - already has an assignment up his sleeves. He, along with Shukre, has been signed by Anu Malik for David Dhawan's Shaadi No.1. "I come from a one-kitchen-one-living room middle class family in Mumbai, and education plays a big role," says Vaidya. He will appear for his class XII exams in October, but his main concern will be to make his mark in music. "It is easy to make a name but to sustain it requires a lot of hard work," he adds.

While Vaidya picked up fast that today an artiste has to be a performer first thus making the physical attributes and attitudes important, Mukesh Pancholi is still getting use to his designer clothes and streaked hair. Pancholi, who was one of the first ones to drop out of the first 11, says, "People now look at me with different eyes otherwise I am the same."

The son of a farmer from Bhikangaon near Khandwa - "Kishore Kumar's village," he adds - Pancholi's story is one of the millions of small-town youth who despite poverty and hardships, dream of making it big in tinsel town. "I came to Mumbai wanting to be a bigtime singer." After five years of "struggle," Indian Idol happened. His philosophy, "It was in my destiny that I reach here. My job is to work hard and God will give me the fruits."

Prajakta Shukre, everyone's favourite who always found herself in the bottom three, still cannot fathom why that happened to her. Shukre's home is in Jabalpur and she feels it could be the reason that not many voted for her. However, she reveals that she voted for Vaidya 186 times. Shukre will also appear for her class XII exams in October and will now move from science stream to arts so that she can concentrate on her career.

With a two-year contract with Sony Music in their pockets, it is time yet to tell whether their's has been a case of five-minute fame or the start of something big.

Go to top