Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aries_sakshi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

Chatting Up Idols

Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant and tele star Aashka were in Lucknow on Wednesday. We grabbed some special moments with the duo.
PIYUSHA CHATTERJEE
PIYUSHA CHATTERJEE Lucknow, April 7: In what seems a promotional venture at a hob-nob speed, the shooting star with the 'Sab kuch bhula de' tag made a visit to the city. And voila, he came packaged with the pretty petite Kumud (Aashka Garodia) of the reel-life Ekta Kapoor family. At twenty-four and ninteen respectively, the two are already well-equipped with the armours of the 'industry'. While word went around that Abhijeet Sawant would hit the city on Wednesday, the surprise presence was of Aashka.
< = src="http://ads.expressindia.com/banner/iestoryban.js"> < = src="http://banners.expressindia.com/adsnew/adjs.php?para=no&n=303597112&what=zone:377&target=_blank&exclude=," =text/>
Both managed their public relations well; Abhijeet, with his perky answers to a barrage of questions, and Aashka- aka Kumud, with her disarming looks and loyalty towards her character. In a tete-a tete with the two, through a haze of what seemed like a vague mixture of the reel and the real, we laboured over the routine questions of what it feels to taste success at an early age and the gung-ho about being a star. Our Indian 'idol', clad in a comfy pair of jeans was all about 'the responsibility of maintaining the image, the stature and performance' post his shooting rise to stardom. "Now when I sit back and think, at times I get worried about what the future holds. Everything happened all of a sudden and the most pressing need is to have a lasting impression. This is what I always aimed for as I sang through all these episodes- that my songs should linger in the minds of the viewers even after they switch off the television sets," says Abhijeet. That apart, he is all geared up to put his best foot forward in the industry. "I'll have a gym of my own soon. But right now I work out at home as I realise that looks and a healthy body are just as important as my voice," he adds on a reflective note. Three years in the industry and Aashka Garodia, better known as Kumud even amongst the paraphernelia of Sony Television that accompanied the two as with the mediapersons, has an altogether different attitude. "I eat what I get and I love to have Gujju food, complete with dal, chawal and sabzi. But then, I go without food for a few days when I put on weight," quips Aashka. Mimicking, in a candid manner, she adds, "I am not one of those who'll say...a glass of juice in the morning, then an hour's workout in the gym and salad for meals." And true to her words, in a few minutes time she is found munching on some fried snacks with a glass of juice. "I am hungry and don't mind eating anything right now," says she. Enquire about her experience of working with Ekta Kapoor and she has her answers straight, "I think if somebody is putting in so much money you won't expect her to ruin everything over some actor's whims. I have had misunderstandings with her as well but then we sorted them out amicably." Not surprising that both these young sensations have got their basics right to be part of the tinsel town. "It feels great to be a brand on my own but then it also means a lot of hardwork. Being packaged with popular faces help in marketing," says Abhijeet. Aashka too feels that cross-overs create interest in the audience and they start following the serials with renewed curiousity. Sonia Huria, who handles public relations for Sony television, says, "Indian idol happens once in a year whereas Kumud and Jassi are household names today. There's a craze for these faces and who would blame us for wanting to cash in on them."

And that explains what the soaps dish out, atleast for Aashka. "This is what they want and all the hype about women being portrayed wrongly is false. Rather they show the reality," she shoots back when questioned on the authenticity of the female characters in the serials on television today.

Shama thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Gamezone: It wud've been gr8 to have u here at the concert! Same goes for other sana fans too!!!

Neha: Sweety, I never sed that u called Sana bad names! It was Sunbeam! U've always maintained a respectable position.

Sunbeam: Get a life, and get some manners. Being abhijeet's fan does not mean that u can call amit names in a forum where Amit is liked and respected.

Thhikana: C u at the concert!!!

thhikana thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shama

Gamezone: It wud've been gr8 to have u here at the concert! Same goes for other sana fans too!!!

Neha: Sweety, I never sed that u called Sana bad names! It was Sunbeam! U've always maintained a respectable position.

Sunbeam: Get a life, and get some manners. Being abhijeet's fan does not mean that u can call amit names in a forum where Amit is liked and respected.

Thhikana: C u at the concert!!!

Yeah! I am ready with the tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😃

I hrd Amit sang a bangla song! I hope he'll also sing one tomorrow!!

Shama thumbnail

Originally posted by: niharika_304

me too!!wat cud b a better b'day present!!!!!!!i'll see amit live,yay!!!!!!!!

Is it ur birthday 2moro? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!👏

thhikana thumbnail

Originally posted by: niharika_304

me too!!wat cud b a better b'day present!!!!!!!i'll see amit live,yay!!!!!!!!

Thats gr8! Man! ur so lucky!! See U in the concert!!! 😃

n Happy Birthday Niharika.....👏

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG thumbnail

wow u ppl gonna c the concert....am so unlucky ...i cant 😭

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
happy birthday niharika. many many happy returns of the day.
II&HP fan thumbnail
😃
Originally posted by: Shama

That's pretty much it, thhikana!! 😆

Even tho the concert was invitees only, over 4000 youngsters showed up, and were screaming amit's name!!! I cud barely stand there!!!

At one point, Amit said "Aap log to kamaal ke hai yaar!!!".....heheh i hope he meant me!!!!😳 

In fact, 2 guys outside the gate asked me if i wud sell my invitation for 1200 bucks!!! Man, it was worth the heat and crowd!!

PPl in Bangladesh, Amit's singing at Dhaka Club on the 20th! C u there!

Hey shama,

I also live in Dhaka, Bangladesh and i went to the concert but i went there when it was abt to end...bucz i dint hav the invitation but as i went there when it was gonna end..the guards allowed me in..and i saw rahul saxena and amit sana performing live but it was extremely hot and crowded.. i heard that amit came to dhaka bcuz some of his fans called him when he was in india and requested him to come to dhaka and thats why he came .. i also heard that Abhi's gonna come to Dhaka on 28th or sth...and i m surely going to his concert! i can hardly wait!!!wow!!its gonna be awesome!! 😃

hey, do we  need to hav the invitation at  Dhaka Club also?

garima1234 thumbnail
Hi thhikana,
It's gr8 2 know that u will go 2 Amit's 2nd concert! 😊

and Happy Birthday Niharika!
gamezone thumbnail

Hi Nehaa, It is not that I have accused u of making hopeless remarks on Amit Sana. I know u have always been sporty. The person whom I wanted 2 point out to has understood it.

And yes " MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY NIHARIKAA" njoy ur day!!!!