hey shama....

u r too good! Clap.... u r absolutely rite!!!!Smile

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 24 March 2005 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shama

Right on Garima and Gamezone!!

I do remember farah saying that amit had achieved X, Y, Z, A, B, C ....sab factors, and she was so proud of him!! So, its pretty obvious that amit did not lack the X-factor. Abhijeet won bcoz of more votes from mumbai....and frankly it was bhillai vs mumbai, and so, as expected mumbai won!!

So what if Abhijeet is humble, is SANA not?? Didnt u hear his father wish them both?? Did abhijeet's father even mention amit??

And abhijeet made a big fuss over vaidya getting out, like he would've left the stage for him. What an actor!!

Ahijeet won for all the wrong reasons, and its a sad start for Indian Idol, where talent should have come b4 anything else. But as thikana put it, "INDIA BOLE TO 50-50"!!!! hehehe

yes i totally agree with u. Amit improved from a classical singer 2 a perfectly moulded playback singer with classical touch in his voice.Amit is well ahead of Abhijeet in terms of classical singing which is a boon to the singers in India.If Amit had won certainly his classical singing would have had been unique thing in World Idol competition i'm sure it could have helped him a lot in moving ahead in the competition.

garima1234 Groupbie
garima1234
garima1234

Posted: 24 March 2005 at 11:11am | IP Logged

I really loved amit's version of 'Mohabbatein', where he moves from western to eastern style with such ease.Not only does it show how versatile his voice is,italso shows that he's creative enuf to use the song to flaunt it.ClapClapClap

Abhijeet's one is melodious, but it reminds me of Jeetendra and Jaya Prada dancing on the beach, rather than 2005!!Wink

Shama,it's really nice to see people like you who give due respect to talent.Three cheers for you. Clap Clap Clap

Edited by garima1234 - 24 March 2005 at 11:16am
thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 24 March 2005 at 1:01pm | IP Logged

I really loved amit's version of 'Mohabbatein', where he moves from western to eastern style with such ease. Not only does it show how  versatile his voice is, it also shows that he's creative enuf to use the song to flaunt it.  ClapClapClap

Abhijeet's one is melodious, but it reminds me of Jeetendra and Jaya Prada dancing on the beach, rather than 2005!! Wink

yeah amit was very creative. n abhijeet had copied music from typical out dated hindi songs.

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 24 March 2005 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
hey guys, take a chill pill. i never said that the contest is about personality -it is about singing but not just about singing- singing and much more than that.

Please just because you all like amit sana and vaidya, does not mean that abhijeet is a bad singer- he is a very good singer otherwise anu malik and sonu would not have selected him among the best- and if you see anu malik's comment about abhijeet in the piano round- he said you have raised the level of the competition!!!

He may not be classically very strong like rahul saxena, amit sana or vaidya but he is a very good singer with soulful voice and expressions in his voice. He is not very handsome, he just looks pleasant and humble and has got a likeable personlity.

The competition was not about classical singers- otherwise no one could have touched saxena and ravinder ravi would not have been selected even for the piano round.

Abhijeet has won because he deserved to - not because he was from mumbai the voting lines were open all over India-not just in bhillai and mumbai.

And if any of you think that abhijeet was acting when he said that vaidya was a better singer- then i am sorry to say that you do not know how to judge people. Even in his interviews after he has won, he comes across as innocent, decent humble guy- all the people he is meeting are saying the same thing. I am sure he can't be such a great actor to fool everyone.

I have nothing against amit sana- infact i would have voted for him if the final tussle was between sana and vaidya or prajakta, but abhijeet was better overall and i am sure he will prove that with his first album.

I had always beleived that rahul saxena was the real indian idol- he is a fab singer and has got a pleasing personality, but he did not become one which does not take anything away from his superb talent.

But among the last five- abhijeet deserved to win and he has.
sheena_22 Newbie
sheena_22
sheena_22

Posted: 25 March 2005 at 12:03am | IP Logged
Shama wrote:

I really loved amit's version of 'Mohabbatein', where he moves from western to eastern style with such ease. Not only does it show how  versatile his voice is, it also shows that he's creative enuf to use the song to flaunt it.  ClapClapClap

Abhijeet's one is melodious, but it reminds me of Jeetendra and Jaya Prada dancing on the beach, rather than 2005!! Wink

Shama,it's really nice to see people like you who give due respect to talent.Three cheers for you. Clap Clap Clap

yes shama and garima amit sana is da bast   

Shama Senior Member
Shama
Shama

Posted: 25 March 2005 at 12:15am | IP Logged

Priti,

With due respect, u r not getting the point. If I may qoute gamezone, Amit's classical base would have helped him to represent India more uniquely in the International Idol.

Plus, Amit sings in both classical and western styles, which was UNIQUE compared to the others in the contest!! And that's what an idol shud be, UNIQUE!!

U c, Abhijeet may sound like Kumar Sanu 2u, but Amit sounds like no one else. That is why I thot that he shud've been the idol.

No one can deny that Abhijeet sings well, even tho i think Amit is more creative. Like I've always said, "There's only one reason why u shudnt vote for Abhijeet; the reason is: Amit Sana!!!"

thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 25 March 2005 at 12:45am | IP Logged

Will sm1 plz tell me y humility is being such a big issue? If I remember correctly, other than Rahul Vaidya, every1 was being very humble and nice.

In the finals, they were equal in humility and performance. Then talent shud've been the only distinguishing factor!!

Plus, Indian Idol was abt finding a rock star (with respect to the original American Idol), so why did ppl vote for a soothing, romantic singer???Ermm

Go to top