India-Forums

Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Indian idol (Page 39)

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 7:38am | IP Logged
hmmm...i heard there was some strong criticism on indian idol team for restricting the contest to MUMBAI...they say that indian idol team wanna be like american idol but they can never do so since americal idol is famous coz it moves to each state in america..and not like indian idol Confused

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 03 March 2005 at 1:19pm | IP Logged

NO  NO THE INDIAN IDOL TEAM WAS NOT JUST RESTRICTED 2 MUMBAI BUT IT MOVED TO DELHI,AHMEDABAD & KOLKATA FOR AUDITIONS.

THE TEAM DID NOT GO TO SOUTH INDIA PERHAPS B'COZ THEIR MUSIC IS DIFFERENT FROM REST OF INDIA.PLUS THE PEOPLE THERE RARELY KNOW WAT IS BOLLYWOOD.MOST OF THE PEOPLE THERE DONT KNOW SONU NIGAM ,ANU MALIK,FARAH KHAN NOT EVEN AMITABH BACHCHAN.THEY ARE NOT THE VIEWERS OF SONY,BUT NEARLY 90% OF THEM WATCH SURYA TV,SUN TV, & REGIONAL CHANNELS.

I THINK THIS MIGHT BE THE ONLY REASON FOR THEM NOT MOVING 2 SOUTH FOR AUDITIONS FOR THE FEAR OF GETTING MEAGRE RESPONSE.

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 2:29am | IP Logged
oh ok...thanks for clearing the confusion...i'm sure i must've got to hear some false rumors.....!!!
gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 7:46am | IP Logged

hello guys,

does anyone of u have Ravinder Ravi's "Tujhe dil mein basaa to loon" which he sang during piano rounds or the original one and the name of that film.

Also, i want the song "tanhayee" sung by Rahul Saxena in the piano round.i just want audios.i've visited the site www.indianidolonset.com but the songs there were not complete with only 'Mukhda' ,not the 'Antra' part.ive also been 2 sites like www.coolgoose.com & www.downloadhindimp3.com but could not get it.So if possible plzz let me know if u  or any of ur friends have these songs .

coolboi23 Newbie
coolboi23
coolboi23

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 11:26am | IP Logged

HEY FRIEND I HAVE TANHAYEE (FROM DIL CHA. HAI RITE? LEMME KNW.I CAN MAIL IT TO YOU.GIVE UR EMAIL ID TOO)

TAKE CARE,

------------------------------------

ABHIJEET ROCKS!!!

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 04 March 2005 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
Indian Idol-The Musical Wave Ambipur Car

Issue Date: 4 March 2005

ABHIJEET YA AMIT
KAUN HOGA AAPKA INDIAN IDOL?

History will be created, as the first ever Indian Idol will be crowned. It's the moment millions have been waiting for. Who will be the chosen one to walk away with the ultimate fame and fortune?

Catch the 2-hour extravaganza with all 11 finalists re-uniting for the Grand Finale, this Saturday night at 8pm only on Sony Entertainment Television.

IT IS AN EVENING YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO MISS.

Landmarks

They both came, they sang and they conquered. First Kolkata, then Delhi and finally Ahmedabad, Abhijeet and Amit rocked every city. Once the people found out which hotel they were staying in, there were lines waiting outside their rooms for autographs. Not only have they developed fan following but girl following. Week after week they have not only been beaming into drawing rooms but into people's hearts. It was a chance for the audiences to see the Idols live and the fans were not going to miss this chance. So where ever they went, both Amit and Abhijeet were mobbed. I am sure they were not prepared for the reception they were getting.

Live chats on radio, being bombarded by press, our boys took on their celebrity status with lan. Apart from the crowds the press also went crazy. Finally they too had to be kept off. Idol madness hit Kolkata on the 27th of February. Even before the rest of the world sees the frenzy on television we want to tell you this politics and football loving city has also become an Idol loving one. What do you propose to do with the money if you win? Why did Abhijeet say that Rahul Vaidya was a better singer? How will you propose to a girl? How will you handle all this fame? What do you think of each other? The questions were unending.

It was heart warming to see how good friends Amit and Abhijeet have become. We know that the winner will take it all, the stakes are high and this was after all a self promotion tour but still these boys praised one another and pointed out each others qualities. Amit has a greater range, Abhijeet a great throw, Amit can dance, Abhijeet has style …. it is clear that this mutual admiration society have great respect for each other's talent.

Amit turned 22 years old on 1st March. He celebrated his birthday in Ahmedabad with an eggless cake smudged on his face by Abhijeet. While in Kolkata, Amit and Abhijeet met up with Aditi, Debajit and Ravi. Aditi had brought chocolates for her dear friends. Apart from chocolates there were hugs and lots of cheer to go all around.

It has been of a mother of a city hopping. Every morning it was the first flight out. So it meant getting up at 4 in the morning with no respite till late at night. The days were packed with back to back performances, press conferences, radio chat shows and what have you. The phones have never stopped buzzing.

Delhi had its own demands. The fans wanted the format changed for they did not know whether to vote for Amit or Abhijeet. They wanted both to be the Indian Idol – they are just too good was the vote!! Ahmedabad was a replay with an addition of a video conference with media across 16 cities at the Reliance WebWorld. There was grumbling in the crew who had to take a lot of pushing around by the crowds who just could not get enough of our two Idols.

TONIGHT AT 9.30 PM WITNESS THE 'AAKHRI JUNG' AS THE IDOLS PERFORM TO THE WHOSE WHO OF MUSIC, FILM AND TELEVISION INDUSTRY.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, AS THIS MIGHT BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO CHOOSE YOUR IDOL.

Voting open till 5th March 9am.

ABHIJEET SAWANT & AMIT SANA

Q: Why do you think someone should vote for you?

ABHIJEET: I sing from my heart and with all honesty.
AMIT: The people have brought me so far. I have worked hard and I respect the confidence that the people have put in me and if they vote for me I will not let them down.

Q: What were you tense about before the final round?
ABHIJEET: Only about the comments that the judges would make.
AMIT: I was not tense only may be for the new song that I had to sing.

Q: What extra punch did you put into your last performance?
ABHIJEET: I had mentally prepared myself so that the pressure would not get to me. My aim was to put more energy in my performance and interact with the audience.
AMIT: I had decided to put everything into my performances so that I did not have any regrets later. I wanted my performance to be worthy of the Indian Idol.

Q: Apart from your voice what would you consider your other assets?
ABHIJEET: My smile, style and personality
AMIT: I think my ability to perform on stage. I just love to sing and dance.

Q: Whose role do you consider important for your constant improvement in every round?
ABHIJEET: Raju Singh, he has helped me enormously. In fact after every round depending on what the judges said he would help us improve ourselves. He was equally worried about our performance.
AMIT: What the judges said, all the praises have added to my confidence levels such that I have tried harder every time. The support I got from the people and my family has only made me strive harder.

Wow! What a dream launch pad it was, a chance to sing before the whose who of the entire film and music industry at the 50th Filmfare Award Night. Abhijeet and Amit gave the opening performance and the whole of India saw the stage light up with fire and their electrifying performance. But back stage had some very special moments for both the boys. They were hugged by none other than King Khan himself. Shahrukh Khan not only wished them but said that he was hugely impressed by their talent. They met stalwarts like Dilip Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, current heart throb Abhishek Bachchan and the eternal beauty Rekha. For the rest of the evening both Amit and Abhijeet also sat awe struck watching the glitterati parade the stage.

Q: Did you expect Abhijeet and Amit as the top two?
FARAH: Frankly no!
ANU: Lots of talent came up. Amit deserves to be there, he has done everything from riyaz on the tanpura to dancing. Abhijeet was always very calm, he never over exerted to please and people love his attitude
SONU: I did expect Amit and Rahul Vaidya to be in the top three. Abhijeet was a surprise. But I will not say a total surprise for after the round where Shilpa Shetty was the fourth judge he has been doing very well.

Q: Who among the two is your favourite?
FARAH: Amit Sana
ANU: I have no favourites, I am just doing a job here. Lot of great talent has come up – Mukesh Pancholi, Prajakta, Aditi Paul and Rahul Mukherji to name some.
SONU: I cannot have any favourites.

Q: Apart from their voices what is their biggest assets?
FARAH: For Amit it his ability to give great performances and for Abhijeet it is his chocolate boy looks whom every girl wants to take home to mummy.
ANU: Amit always felt that he would be voted out and has always given his best and people have voted for him. Abhijeet looks very cool. He has the expression of total acceptance of any fate and that has worked for him.
SONU: Their biggest assets are the votes that they have been able to get. They are hugely likable apart from having talent.

Q: Are you satisfied with the top eleven and the way things have progressed in the Gala Rounds?
FARAH: I do not think Indian Idol is show any more, it is a phenomenon. Everyone across class, community are watching and voting. I am so happy that I am apart of it.
ANU: We had to
SONU: I never expected the top eleven to perform so well. Sony has trained them so well. When we have commented on some aspect of their singing they have worked on it. They are now a different set of singers from the ones who had first auditioned.

LIKE EVERYONE EVEN THE JUDGES ARE WAITING FOR THE 5TH OF MARCH.
SO FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS FOR THE LAST RIDE.

For more information log on to or SMS IDOL to 2525.

"Indian Idol" is a trademark of FremantleMedia Limited and 19 Television Limited. Based on the television programme "Indian Idol" produced by Fremantle Productions Asia Pte Ltd. Licensed by FremantleMedia Licensing Worldwide.

Trademark and Copyright Notice: and Sony Entertainment Television and its related entities.
All rights reserved.

*This newsletter is brought to you by Indianidolonset.com
sims Groupbie
sims
sims

Posted: 05 March 2005 at 3:35am | IP Logged
        gamezone wrote this ; NO  NO THE INDIAN IDOL TEAM WAS NOT JUST RESTRICTED 2 MUMBAI BUT IT MOVED TO DELHI,AHMEDABAD & KOLKATA FOR AUDITIONS.

THE TEAM DID NOT GO TO SOUTH INDIA PERHAPS B'COZ THEIR MUSIC IS DIFFERENT FROM REST OF INDIA.PLUS THE PEOPLE THERE RARELY KNOW WAT IS BOLLYWOOD.MOST OF THE PEOPLE THERE DONT KNOW SONU NIGAM ,ANU MALIK,FARAH KHAN NOT EVEN AMITABH BACHCHAN.THEY ARE NOT THE VIEWERS OF SONY,BUT NEARLY 90% OF THEM WATCH SURYA TV,SUN TV, & REGIONAL CHANNELS.

I THINK THIS MIGHT BE THE ONLY REASON FOR THEM NOT MOVING 2 SOUTH FOR AUDITIONS FOR THE FEAR OF GETTING MEAGRE RESPONSE.

excuse me gamezone what do u mean by this . what do u mean by  saying that people form south dont even know bollywood . which part of the world are u from . for your info almost all the top reigning queens of bollywood are from south like vijayanthimala , hema malini, rekha ,sridevi,aishwarya rai . didnt u know this . what do you mean by getting a meagre response ,there are many talented people there too ,and as i said it is indian idol isnt it or is it just north indian idol .

i really want to know why they didnt go south can somebody find this out . they are supposed to go to all the states or atleast  major cities . they didnt go to bangalore priyanka venkatesh auditioned from somewhere else . and gamezone before u say something please check the facts , and as for the music being different how can u say this some of the music u hear and films u see  in bollywood are lifted straight from the south ,do u want me to name which ones i can but the list is too long and in the future gamezone watch what u r saying ok.

chandoba Senior Member
chandoba
chandoba

Posted: 05 March 2005 at 4:34am | IP Logged

Abhijeet Sawant is the Indian Idol.

from rediff

After seven gruelling months and competing against hundreds of contestants, the Mumbai lad was crowned Indian Idol, at around 3 pm at the Famous Studio, Mahalaxmi, south Mumbai. The programme will be telecast later this evening.

The result brings to an end one of the most awaited outcomes of a talent hunt in Indian television history.

Sony Entertainment Television had bagged the exclusive rights from the makers of the US serial American Idol and turned it into one of the biggest television events in India.

"It is party time for us," said one of Abhijeet's friends. "I always knew he would make it. He had the spark in him and good that he made it today."

Spare a thought for the runner-up, Amit Sana. In the end, there was very little to choose between the two talented young men. They will dominate our lives in the years to come.

Go to top