Indian Idol 6

Indian idol (Page 26)

chandoba Senior Member
chandoba
chandoba

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 7:30am | IP Logged

to simplyvivacious
and i believe sonu is one of the best singers from the whole sub-continent

hey come on!!!!!if sonu is best singer in sub continet then what are abeeda parveen???????, ghulam ali, mehdi hassan, husain baksh from pakistan

and hariharan, suresh wadkar, sp balsubramanyam, yehudas, shankar mahadevan and udit narayan???????? from india

please dont compare sonu with these guys..... i beg u!!!!!

chandoba Senior Member
chandoba
chandoba

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 7:34am | IP Logged

sonu didnt say a single word coz he liked vaidya copying him!!!

its a great feeling afterall...

Edited by chandoba - 21 February 2005 at 7:57am
chandoba Senior Member
chandoba
chandoba

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:45am | IP Logged

its sonu who knows more abt the ABC of singing than any of us and he doesnt have any prb with rahuls singing style, y r we making such a big issue of it?????

its not SONU NIGAM who will decide the indian idol. WE will decide that. sonu may not be having problem but we have!!! and people have decided against RV not because of his singing abilities but because of his singing style and attitude

Mehjabin Newbie
Mehjabin
Mehjabin

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 12:43pm | IP Logged

Pmahesh (or any one else)........

Can any one give me the information (His email add or his home add) abt RAHUL MUKHARJI? He was out in the piano roundCry. I am asking for that bcoz everyone here, is talking abt their favs. My first Fav was RAHUL M Smile(still he is). I love the song he sang (Vige hot tere.....frm Murder).I Just LOVE his voice. For me ...he is the INDIAN IDOLSmile. But now I want ABHI to win.

Plz some one give me RM's address.............plz pmahesh .

Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Rockerz
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chandoba

to simplyvivacious
and i believe sonu is one of the best singers from the whole sub-continent

hey come on!!!!!if sonu is best singer in sub continet then what are abeeda parveen???????, ghulam ali, mehdi hassan, husain baksh from pakistan

and hariharan, suresh wadkar, sp balsubramanyam, yehudas, shankar mahadevan and udit narayan???????? from india

please dont compare sonu with these guys..... i beg u!!!!!

can u please have a look at what i wrote...i believe sonu is ONE of the best singers from the sub-continent , not the best of the lot....every singer mentioned by u and many more r great ones.....i never compared sonu with ANY of these..i believe and always will that sonu is one of the best, it doesnt mean i'm saying that hes the undisputed king of them all...and trust me, im not gonna stop believing so  'cuz hes a great singer for sure........

sonu didnt say a single word coz he liked vaidya copying him!!!

its a great feeling afterall

really????? did sonu tell u so or r u blaming sonu for something he never did...so, we should believe sonu is unable to respect rahul's talent and even he gave rahul a standing ovation just 'cuz rahul copies him....when asked in an interview abt the most promising singer amongst the lot, he replied it was rahul ( alongwith some others, of course) just 'cuz he enjoyed being copied by rahul?????thats strange...we can like somebody 'cuz hes got talent but sonu cant???? and hes unfair enough to accept someone's ability just 'cuz he copies him???? i can never buy that....so please dont accuse sonu of something just 'cuz u think its that way..

its not SONU NIGAM who will decide the indian idol. WE will decide that. sonu may not be having problem but we have!!! and people have decided against RV not because of his singing abilities but because of his singing style and attitude

that part of my post was strictly directed to the ppl questioning rahul's singing ability...not to the ones disliking his attitude...i wanted ppl to at least stop thinking that hes not even a very talented singer...

poonampotnis Newbie
poonampotnis
poonampotnis

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 8:33pm | IP Logged

Hi Simplyvivacious,

I agree with you. On everything about Rahul Vaidya. However, I do not agree about Sonu Nigam being the best singer in the continent. I guess, that will always and always be Lata Mangeshkar. It is said that no one in this world has a voice raising and minute singing capacity like her...

It is quite unfortunate that Indians were asked to decide the final Indian Idol. I think that should have been left to the accomplished singers & maestros. Not all have true sense of music. Some people just mark on everything else but singing. And when there is a tie between two great singers, the cards obviously land up on who is more humble appearance wise. I believe that 'looks are always deceptive' - there are always 2 sides to every coin. That differs how every person looks at it.

I feel that our job is only to check singing capabilities and performance irrespective of behavior. I do not remember Rahul talking rudely / insulting / or even someone giving a proof that Rahul steals all songs. He was extremely confident - which others might see as Attitude. Different people - different perceptions. Unfortunately for him, it was a majority of Indians who felt it was his Attitude more than his Conversational ability.....no offenses. Guess, Rahul's bad luck!!

Personally, after Rahul, I feel that Abhijeet has improved a lott lott more than what he was earlier. Amit Sana - I do not vote for him (No offenses Amit's fans please - this is just my opinion) coz i felt he could not sing a variety even though his voice is original. Abhijeet has picked up in terms of varied singing. Yes, it was a disaster for Vaidya when he chose to sing Chaiyyan Chaiyyan. Same time when Amit's song was a disaster and Sonu pointed out on the choice of songs. I think that shd hv been sorted out by the Indian Idol management group than letting this topic get out to the public. One small statement can affect anyone's career immensely. We dont know for sure what is the complete truth. However, negative publicity is very quickly obvious for the one more in limelight.

I do not really agree with Chandoba / pmahesh - but yes, I agree with them for Rahul Saxena and Vishal Kothari. Rahul S, Vishal K, Rahul V and Prajakta S would have made a terrific competition. Vishal was my personal favourite even before Rahul V. Saxena was a terrific guy with a very indepth knowledge of music. In comparison to Rahul V, I think Saxena would have taken the crown easily. But god only knows what people wanted in a "complete indian idol package". Saxena & Vishal were just thrown out - now I hope people did not throw them out on their attitude (Saxena was shown saying that he will stop flirting with girls as new year resolution...people might have taken that negatively??)

Guys, but for music directors copying I should say: Be it once, twice or ten times - copying is copying!! I would not even give full marks to Anu Malik on that. But, for a man who gets awards and whose music sells - lets not be so harsh to say that he does not know ABCD of music. Afterall he has given original hits too. One hit is also a big thing & forces us to believe that the guy afterall has learnt ABCD of music. How would he give even a single hit otherwise?

Simplyvivacious: i LOVE your bottomline "There are three sides to every story; your side, my side and the truth. And nobody is lying.". This applies to our entire situation.

poonampotnis Newbie
poonampotnis
poonampotnis

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 8:44pm | IP Logged

Very Well said simplyvivacious!!!ClapClapClap

I like your answers. You said all that I wished to say...Smile

Friends, lets not accuse the judges of being partial. They are before millions of viewers and will not simply favour someone because they are singing their songs...That way, their own reputation will be at stake. Else Anu would never have said to his fav contestant Prajakta "Aaina Chhodo aur tanpure se naata jodo" - she cud hv been favoured easily.Dead

I feel that everyone tries to be like their idol. Sonu is Rahul's idol. The kid will be inspired in the same direction. His choice of songs could have killed him (for sure) but that does not necessarily mean he does not have a variety in his voice & is unable to modulate...At the end of the day he remains a Fantastic Singer, despite all attacks! And so do others.Tongue

Afterall, there is saying "History was written by those who won it".EmbarrassedBig smile

chandoba Senior Member
chandoba
chandoba

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 9:18pm | IP Logged

lets not be so harsh to say that he does not know ABCD of music. Afterall he has given original hits too. One hit is also a big thing & forces us to believe that the guy afterall has learnt ABCD of music. How would he give even a single hit otherwise?

to poonam

anu malik certainly knows abcd of music... otherwise he wouldnt have copied songs successfully for years & years.. -:)))))

i liked his "panchi nadiya", "aisa lagata hai", ae jate hue lamhon

i also liked his "mere humsafar" but i think its based on " yeh sham ki tanahaiyan" 

Go to top