greatmaratha

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 5:18am | IP Logged
thank u allSmile

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 6:11am | IP Logged
Mehjabin,

Don't worry, i will be voting for you- to abhijeet ofcourse. I differ with everyone who supports rahul vaidya-- he is over confidant, irritation, major attitude guy. He said he wanted chaiyan song desperately and amit sana gave it- rahul vaidya has been quite nasty to amit sana earlier as well- in the prelimls- stage rounds.

Even rahul saxena- the gala round he went out- said that he did not get the song he wanted- i am sure it must have been vaidya.

As for personality- abhijeet has got the best personality and voice to match- i am sure he will win- in fact i read one report where they did a survey in mumbai- and sawant is leading by huge margins.

I will vote for him because he is the best after rahul saxena!!!!!
Ninelives IF-Sizzlerz
Ninelives
Ninelives

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 11:46am | IP Logged
ABHIJEET SHOULD WIN THE TITLE....ACC TO ME
aish Groupbie
aish
aish

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 10:20pm | IP Logged

thanx sooo much to rahul fans...,hey i guess some people r being very rude with us.., v never say anything bad 4 amit or abijeet...,but y r u guys being so rude to rahul? i jsut wish abijeet n sana the  best evnthough i want rahul to b th best..n u can't say that rahul dragged taht song from sana..he have the very right to sing that song.. so does sana..

n one more thing...,its not rahul's look that impress me.., but his voice.., pitch..,variation, performance..,n most of all his gud personality.if its looks i wud go 4 abijeet 4 sure..,this is not mr india or something., this is idol.so he shud b perfect in evryway.

plz everybody...,2nite don't stop voting 4 our rahul..,plz plz..allah will bless u all..plz save our rahul

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Perfect in everyway also means perfect in personality- which clearly vaidya lacks!!! This is not the best singer contest where only the voice and singing matters- i agree singing is the main factor but since it is indian idol- the personality also matters- we are not voting for handsome guys (then i would not talk about rahul saxena and probably would be talking about amit tandon), but a pleasant personality obviously makes a difference.

And about abhijeet fans being rude to rahul vaidya fans, please i am not being rude to you- i am commenting only on Vaidya- everyone at the forum is a friend. I have only highlighted the points on which i find vaidya not suitable for the title.

About the song selection- as u have agreed even sana had the right to sing the song but unluckly he never got the chance to sing it- rahul vaidya said he wanted it desperately and sana being a nice guy did not complain.

I will be voting for the abhijeet if he sings well- which he has been doing consistently. If he sings badly then he does not get my vote but vaidya will not get my vote because i don't think he is fit for indian idol.

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Homecoming for Idols
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   February 17, 2005

After months of hard work and tough competition, Sony's three Indian Idol finalists Abhijeet Sawant, Amit Sana and Rahul Vaidya  took time off to go home, and catch up with their family and friends. Here's what the trio did...

Rahul Vaidya (Andheri)

'Girls whom I always wanted to talk to came with flowers'

A hitList Correspondent
REACH OUT: Rahul Vaidya gets a taste of celebrity status
When Rahul visited his home, the entire building turned up to congratulate him. His parents and little sister have been his pillars of support and were delighted to have him home.

A student of Mithibai College, Rahul missed his mom's cooking, especially dal chaval with ghee, and she was delighted to feed him a delicious meal. Though she was a tad worried that he has lost nine kilos in the last couple of months.

Post-dinner, when Rahul decided to go for ice-cream at his street corner shop, little did he know that he would be recognised instantly and mobbed! 

A student of Suresh Wadkar's music academy, Rahul visited his guruji and sang for over 200 children at the Ajivasan auditorium in Santa Cruz. He also visited his college where all the students had gathered to receive him.

"Girls whom I have always wanted to talk to but never had the courage to approach were standing with flowers to greet me!" The principal and teachers gave him a special memento — a laughing Buddha!

Abhijeet Sawant (Mahim)

'What have you done to me?'

At school: Abhijeet Sawant
Abhijeet's homecoming began at his school, Raje Shivaji Vidyalay, in Mahim. Nobody was prepared for what followed, including the school authorities.

Over 2,500 kids were waiting for Abhijeet and when they saw his car arrive there was a stampede.

Abhijeet could hardly get out of the car! Needless to say, it took a lot of time and effort to get Abhijeet into the school building. He fell twice as the crowds surged to get a glimpse of him. Things were so out of control that the function had to be cancelled and all Abhijeet could do was catch up with the principal and teachers.

It was also celebration time in the small locality of Mahim when Abhijeet visited his family. Posters of him were up everywhere. "I cannot digest this.

What have you done to me?" remarked Abhijeet. In the evening, there was a party that his friends threw for him. It needed four security guards and a human chain to get him from his house to the stage.

This is the first time that Abhijeet has stayed away from home. He missed his mom's home-cooked food and she couldn't contain tears of joy as she served him dal chaval, his favourite.

Abhijeet also visited the Siddhi Vinayak Mandir in Prabhadevi. Later he visited the Planet M outlet at CST and the crowds  cheering and taking autographs.

Amit Sana (Bhilai)

'We love Amit!'

He sure is a hot favourite. Aboard the Indian Airlines flight, he was upgraded to  executive class. Interestingly, he met former Indian cricket captain Mohammed Azharuddin besides Mandira Bedi on his flight.

He was delighted when both of them confessed that they were his fans. As if this wasn't enough, little did Amit know that an entourage of 20 cars awaited his return at Raipur airport.

Fans shouted "We love Amit!" and he was burdened by innumerable garlands around his neck. He then headed straight home where neighbours burst a never-ending stock of crackers to mark his homecoming.

Post this he enjoyed a simple home-cooked meal, which he had been longing for all these months — dal, roti, chaval and sabzi. He then headed to his Guruji Mukherji's house, .

Later his friends threw a surprise party in his honour. He was mobbed and there were hundreds of people who wanted to shake hands and get his autograph. Amit's visit to his school Senior Secondary School, Sector 10 was very special.

Amit returned home with over 300 autograph books to sign. Later he visited the Bhilai steel plant where his father works. The local MLA had plastered the town with posters and Amit was taken in an open jeep so that all could catch a glimpse of this singing sensation!

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 2:18am | IP Logged

Priyanka is celebrity judge

Tonight's episode of Indian Idol (Sony, 9.30 pm) will have actress Priyanka Chopra as the celebrity judge. Along with Sonu Nigam, Farah Khan and Anu Malik, she will provide tips to the contestants.

pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 2:18am | IP Logged
Does anyone know what rounds are there today??

Edited by pmahesh - 17 February 2005 at 2:21am

Go to top