Indian Idol 6
Indian Idol 6

Indian idol (Page 116)

Shama Senior Member
Shama
Shama

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:02am | IP Logged
Yaaron, sun lo!

Indian Idol finalists rocked the capital over the weekend. For the first time, all the 11 contestants (Abhijeet Sawant, Amit Sana, Prajakta Shukre, Aditi Paul, etc) came together for a show in New Delhi which also happened to be their first ticketed show.

Each Idol finalist sang a solo number as well as the group track Yaaron dosti. The host for the show was Mini Mathur and also had Angad (Mohammed Iqbal Khan) and Kripa (Neha Bamb) of Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai perform.

Mona 'Jassi' Singh was also present. Sony will telecast the show on June 19 at 8 pm which will also be the premiere of the Idol music video Yaaron Dosti.

Shama Senior Member
Shama
Shama

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 5:06am | IP Logged
  I have stopped being emotional
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   June 4, 2005

DOMESTIC APPEAL: Aditi Paul with husband Suchintya Majumdar 
Pic: Pradeep Dhivar
Indian Idol finalist Aditi Paul-Majumdar (that's how she wants to be referred to post marriage) has shifted base from Kolkata to Mumbai to pursue a career in playback singing.

Best remembered as the most lively and emotional Idol contestant (tears and laughter were a constant in every round), Aditi is "learning to survive in the city."

More importantly "understanding how people operate here, especially in the music industry." In all this, Aditi, has gained oodles of confidence and has undergone a transformation as she tells us…

I've changed a lot post Indian Idol
Viewers remember me as the girl who would be overtly emotional in front of the camera. Whatever I felt, I displayed immediately; I was spontaneous. But now I have learnt to be more controlled. I am learning to be a celebrity. I am more restrained now and have stopped being emotional in public. I am learning to hide my feelings.

My husband Suchintya Majumdar is not into music
He is a literature teacher. At present, he is in Mumbai as it is vacation time. But he is extremely supportive of my decision to set base here. I delayed marriage due to the Idol. I never imagined myself reaching the last 10. I was supposed to have been married in January but was eventually married post the Idol final round on March 12.

Suchintya was a year senior to me in college at the Vishwa Bharti University, Shantiniketan.

We were both students of the English department. So, it was a college romance. I must say that I owe a lot to the varsity. What's unique is that the Prime Minister is the chancellor of the university, so all the happenings are sent to the PM's office!

On the playback front
I have been approached by Shandesh Shandilya and Anand Raj Anand. I am on a two- year contract with Sony. I have just recorded a romantic track for Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin and a Bollywood number for Kkusum.

Setting up house
I have rented a place in Malad as most of the recording studios are in that end of town. Everything is so new for me. Besides my singing, I have to look after the house, too, but I am enjoying the experience of taking decisions and doing everything on my own. I have just set up house and hope to buy a car in the next couple of months.

I don't want to do too many stage shows
Post Idol, I have been travelling all over the country for stage shows. I am cautiously going slow on this front as I feel an overdose of it strains my voice. Once or twice a week is more than enough.

It's not that I lacked the X factor

It must have shocked people to see me transform from this bespectacled, salwar-kameez wearing girl in the auditions  to a more urban avatar. Farah Khan had told me to go in for a makeover before I arrived in Mumbai.

But it was not that I was lacking in the X factor. I did not pay attention to my appearance as I believed there were looking for the voice. later I realised that the entire packaging is also a big plus. Prior to the Idol, I was only into Rabindra Sangeet; which has a distinct gayaki. Yet, I still believe that it is your talent that will take you through. Like it did for me in the Idol.

garima1234 Groupbie
garima1234
garima1234

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 7:25am | IP Logged
I'm glad the Aussies lost. Big smile
luving_gal_neha Senior Member
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 7:57am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Shredz

luving_gal_neha, what did u mean by that comment about feeling pitty for the aussies? cuz it certainly didn't seem to be very nice....

Am SORRY!! But u have taken it otherwise.......I meant am feelin bad for them....... Said in a diff way!! I'll edit my post for u!!

I am honestly sorry and did not mean wot u said!!!Cry

luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:01am | IP Logged

Am sooo sorry!! I cant even edit my post! Cuz i had edoted it earlier!!

So sorry Shredz
Plzzzz donn take it otherwise..... If sm1 can deletethe post plzzz doo!!!!

Soooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!Cry

luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 8:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shama

Hey Garima, Gr8 to have u back!!!

Thhikana, u owe me a cake, honey!!!!!

By the way, I think Abhijeet shud've sang the CID theme or something. LOL

With due respect to his acting talents, he shud continue to sing only....Embarrassed

Di!! where r u????? Gussa kya?? every1 is gettin angry wid meCry

dream IF-Dazzler
dream
dream

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
hello my adorable di just finished watching the shoe,it was sssssssuuuuuuupppppeeeeerrrrrbbbbbbbbb!!!! Thumbs Upi think it is the most wonderful show that i have ever watched,all of the idols sung really soooooooooooooo well even Tandon also sounded good!!Rahul wasa sooo sweet!! i luved the show the new song yarron is fan-tas-tic,amazing,i luved it!! the sweet scene is that when Abhi hold Amit Sana's hand & Rahul Vaidya acted like playing a guiter with Sana's legs!! its sooooooooo cool!!di do watch idols ka safar tomorrow just 1/2 an hour before KKusum starts i mean @8.30.& 3 cheers 4 Bangladesh 4 winning the match. fanz i'll b there tomorrow coz i've exams tomorrow so i've 2 sleep now,wish me luck!!! Good Night,sweetttt dreams!!Big smile
thhikana Goldie
thhikana
thhikana

Posted: 19 June 2005 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

hey how do u guys liked the song from Amit's album "chaal diye"??? Its AWESOME!!!!ClapClapI m sooooo happyyyy!!!! Amit Sana I Heart u!!!!Embarrassed u r just 2 good!!! He was looking sooooooo cute 2day EmbarrassedEmbarrassed Cant wait to hear Amit S's solo album........CryCry

And each one of them sang really well......Clap I also liked the song "guri nal ishq mitha" of mukesh & R Ravi......

Go to top