Indian Idol 6

Indian idol (Page 105)

aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
aries_sakshi
aries_sakshi

Posted: 01 June 2005 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Mini reunites with Indian Idols

Mini Mathur
I have a great month lined up ahead of me, why shouldn't I sound positive?" is what Mini Mathur asks you when you tell her she sounds remarkably rejuvenated.

Mathur, who post Indian Idol has occupied herself as a host of the film and television gossip show Popkorn on Zoom, recently went on a short break to Malaysia with her two-year-old son Vivaan.

The next big thing lined up for Mathur is Indian Idol 2. Nothing can get bigger than the Sony's return with the reality show, which launched a superstar, Abhijeet Sawant.

Quiz her about her return on Idol and she cautiously replies, "I cannot confirm or deny anything at this moment. I still have to meet the channel for their official position on Idol. I think it's a little too early to say anything about this."

However, sources close to the show say that it's almost certain that Mathur will be a part of Indian Idol 2. Probably a step closer to that decision is the news that Mathur will be shooting for an Indian Idol reunion special with the 11 participants.

"I am really excited about meeting these guys again. It will be a special moment to see how they have grown and progressed. I am shooting for it in a couple of weeks."

Talking about Popkorn, she says, "It's a fun show to do. There were times when it was a bit difficult, but with each show I am learning more about the industry and getting acquainted with the names of TV soap stars."

Commenting on her trip to Malaysia, she says, "I couldn't believe it when people mobbed me for autographs. I thought nobody would identify me. It was a truly amazing experience. I am already making plans for my next trip!"

aries_sakshi IF-Rockerz
aries_sakshi
aries_sakshi

Posted: 01 June 2005 at 11:34am | IP Logged

Sonu Nigam readies himself for his first solo album after four years

"Competing with me will be a challenge for today's young singing sensations." That comes from the original Indian idol of the music world -- Sonu Nigam.

"Thanks to talent scout programmes, it's become easier for young talents to come forward. They don't have to face financial problems or go around searching for work," he says, comparing the present, to nine years ago when he had to struggle to find a place for himself in the industry.

The star who also tried his hand at playing hero, not with great results, is known to mesmerise crowds wherever he goes with his electric performance. His fans never leave him alone, and mob him wherever he goes. Part of this attraction is, undoubtedly, because he likes to keep them guessing, when it comes to either the tenor of his song or his look.

If you must know, Sonu has once again gone back to where he started, so far as his hair is concerned -- the straight and simple curly look, thank you!

Obviously, one can't help but ask him about his 'back to curls' look. "Oh! Just like that." Why? "Now is everyone worried about my hairstyle too?" he laughs in reply.

So how does it feel being a talent scout? Sonu says it's a great leveller being a judge. The raw candidates, all earnest and trying to showcase their talent, remind him of his own debut. "I have been working hard all these years. But fans never tire from reminding me about how far you've come, but I think I still have a long way to go. It's as if you are in a train," he stresses.

One wonders why with his charmingly boyish smile and good looks, Sonu hasn't done more films. "So far Love in Nepal is the only film I have really worked in. I learnt a lot through that film, at least I learnt to say 'no' to mediocre projects," he says, tongue firmly in cheek.

Now it's back to music, as he's busy with the launch of his solo album after four years along with other projects which include an album in English to be released in the USA. "I didn't want to create music for the heck of it. I was learning computer software to compose music," he concludes.

gamezone Senior Member
gamezone
gamezone

Posted: 01 June 2005 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
 Thanx for the posts Aries_Sakshi!!!
luving_gal_neha Senior Member
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 02 June 2005 at 12:46am | IP Logged
hey thnx sakshi!!!!!!!!
pmahesh Goldie
pmahesh
pmahesh

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Abhijeet Sawant is a superstar.

After winning Sony's keenly contested talent show Indian Idol, the youngster has been overwhelmed by fame and tremendous fanfare.

His debut Indipop album, Aapka Abhijeet Sawant, became such a sensation that most would agree he is as well known -- not to mention, popular -- as the singer who led the Indian Idol judges panel, Sonu Nigam.

Now, as his music videos make a splash on Indian television screens, we give you a chance to catch up with an ambitious youngster whose dreams have come true.

Go ahead, ask Abhi how it feels to have the world at his feet.

Catch Abhijeet Sawant on Rediff Chat. Friday, June 3, between 5:30 and 6:30 pm IST.

luving_gal_neha Senior Member
luving_gal_neha
luving_gal_neha

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 8:52am | IP Logged

Musical star

Inspired by Sonu Nigam and Kishore Kumar, it was a sensational journey straight to the hall of fame for him. Today, Indian Idol Abhijit Sawant is a name to reckon with. We had a grand opportunity to meet the brand new musical star and take a peep into his life during his recent visit to Kolkata. Here are the excerpts...
Who is the biggest inspiration of your life?
For me it is my uncle who is the inspiration of my life. He has inspired me a lot. Among the singers Sonu Nigam and Kishore Kumar.
Do you get time from your busy schedule to meet your old friends?
Yes, I am quite busy now a days. I've got many old friends who are also very special. So I always try to maintain my relationship with them as far as possible in spite of being so busy.
How do you spend your time at home?
These days I'm so busy that I hardly stay at home. But still whenever I'm at home I am either busy practicing or talking to my friends or watching T.V. And as I'm into this profession I always try to do something related to music.
Do you feel comfortable when you are easily recognised these days?
I really feel very happy that people have started recognising me as the Indian Idol. But along with that my responsibilities have increased. People have a lot of expectations from me so I am working hard to make them happy.
Do you listen to Bengali songs?
Yes, I do listen to Bengali songs but haven't got a chance to sing. If I get a chance I will surely do it.
Your favourite movie?
Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge.
Your favourite sweet.
Rosogollas!
What is your message for the readers of Voices?
Work hard, don't use any shortcuts. Believe in yourself, be confident and you will progress in life

vcool Goldie
vcool
vcool

Posted: 03 June 2005 at 3:17pm | IP Logged

thanx!!!!!!!abhis sooooo chweet! thanx Dream (i know its late but my pc broke) i luv hearing from u too, and i luv rahul a lot too , and trust me i never get bored hearing abt any idol, tho now i am a bit bored , but considering the present state of the indian serials i prefer commenting on my fav show indian idol!

Edited by vcool - 04 June 2005 at 2:11am
dream IF-Dazzler
dream
dream

Posted: 04 June 2005 at 4:00am | IP Logged

hey have any1 chatted with Abhijeet on Rediff Chat. Friday, June 3,do tell me if any1 did.

vcool  can u tell me  Rahul & Abhijeet's website address,pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!{if there is any}& what happened 2 indian idol 's site?

catch my sweetest Rahul Vaidya on sensational Sonu {6th to 9th June @8.30 p.m on Sony} bcoz i think he's gonna be the host the show{as he said on ads watch my idols journey with me}Wink

Go to top