Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
rediff was making us a fool telling amit sana is stuck in the traffic.do u need any traffic for chatting?
luving_gal_neha thumbnail
He did cum radhika!!! But very late... if u wanna check go to rediff and u can read the chat!😊
aries_sakshi thumbnail

BY A CORRESPONDENT

Indian Idol Abhijeet Sawant is set to release his first solo music album in April 2005. The Mumbai youngster who sang his way to stardom will present the album to be released by Sony BMG Music Entertainment. The lyrics for Abhijeet Sawant's album were penned by Sameer and composed by Biddu, Hardip Sidhu, Prempal Hans and Raju Singh. The album is titled Aapka Abhijeet Sawant.

Aapka Abhijeet Sawant released on April 7, 2005.

At a select preview event at the NCPA, Mumbai last week, Abhijeet Sawant performed some brilliant compositions from his Aapka Abhijeet Sawant. Fellow contestants from Indian Idol including Amit Sana, Rahul Vaidya and Prajakta Shukre too performed at the event. The event was hosted by new Jassi a.k.a Jasmeet Walia.

Talking about Aapka Abhijeet Sawant, Tarun Katial, Executive Vice President and Business Head of Sony Entertainment Television said: " 'Indian Idol' fans had absolutely loved the 10 finalists' first music album and we are sure that Abhijeet's individual music album too will make waves across the nation. The very people who have supported and voted for Abhijeet as their 'Indian Idol' will now get to hear his first ever album with original compositions. This album marks the beginning of Abhijeet's journey on the path of ultimate fame and fortunes that the nation has chosen for him."

Shridhar Subramaniam, Managing Director, Sony BMG Music said, " The first 'Indian Idol' album immortalized the voices and talent of the 10 finalists so much so that the most popular rendition of Yaad Ayenge Ye Pal has made it to the top of the charts 8 weeks in a row! Fans can now hardly wait for the release of Abhijeet's album, which is sure to rock the nation."

Through the Indian Idol journey, Abhijeet Sawant sang his way into the hearts and homes of millions of Indians. Now, his fans can await Abhijeet's first solo music album, with brilliant compositions.

Before becoming involved with Indian Idol last year, Abhijeet Sawant was the lead vocalist with his uncle's orchestra, performing at parties and weddings around Mumbai. 

aries_sakshi thumbnail
Coop bank seeks Abhijeet Sawant as ambassador.

Abhijeet Sawant, winner of Sony Entertainment's Indian Idol contest, may end up being the brand ambassador for an urban co-operative bank. Saraswat Co-operative Bank, the multi-state co-operative bank, is toying with the idea of asking the newest youth icon to endorse its banking products.

"We are planning to rope in a youthful face that will enable the bank to promote its banking endeavours. That is where Sawant fits the bill," said a senior bank executive.

"Sawant, with his new-found star status, will be the ideal face for a small bank like ours," he added. However, the bank has been unable to contact Sawant's family in this connection.

Sawant was just another young man in Mumbai till Indian Idol happened. He is the first recipient of the trophy at Sony Entertainment's reality show. He has bagged a Rs 1 crore contract with the channel.

Saraswat Bank is believed to be willing to cough up Rs 1 crore over the next few years for Sawant to become its brand ambassador. However, this amount could not be confirmed.

Sawant is already under contract with Sony Entertainment and Sony Music. While the latter is exclusively for a music album, the terms of the contract with the channel are not clear.

"We are aware that Sawant will be approached for endorsements," said Tarun Katial, executive vice-president, Sony Entertainment. Asked if Sawant would have to take approval from Sony Entertainment to endorse brands, Katial refused to comment.

Saraswat Bank executives said a decision on the matter would be taken at the bank's next board meeting in early April.

sources : ttp://www.business-standard.com

Sorry guys!! article ke upar problem ho gayi( i mean on the top of it) MAAF KAR DO!!!!
thhikana thumbnail

Originally posted by: luving_gal_neha

Sorry guys!! article ke upar problem ho gayi( i mean on the top of it) MAAF KAR DO!!!!

maaf kar diya......πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Š

BUT Amit didnt answer my question..........😭

kitne ummid leke bethi thhi πŸ’”........😭

Edited by thhikana - 19 years ago
hota hai..... Donn wrry b happy!
racks thumbnail
hye everybody,
i am a new member of this forum.i heard somewhere that rahul and prajakta are coming on kkusum.can anybody tell me when that episode will be aired?
hehe!!! i donn know it!! I can juz say 11th-14th of april ke beech meinπŸ˜ƒ
Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
neha !congrats for your 100 posts andyour avataar is so sweet .i love your avataar.