Vidya Balan simplifies everyone's job: Rajkumar

Dar_Fitte_Moo thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 14 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Actress Vidya Balan has finished almost 80 per cent of the shooting of her next film Ghanchakkar, and the movie's director, Rajkumar Gupta, can only sing praises for her.

Gupta earlier directed Vidya in No One Killed Jessica.

"It's a pleasure to work with Vidya again. Vidya is one of the best actresses we have. In Ghanchakkar, Vidya plays a character that she has not explored before. She is a brilliant actress and a wonderful human being. She simplifies everybody's job," Gupta told IANS.

Ghanchakkar is a comedy movie, featuring Emraan Hashmi opposite Vidya. Emraan plays an ex-conman.

Giving out a few details of the movie, Gupta said, "Vidya plays a housewife in the film. She is one actress who can pull off any role. Ghanchakkar is a quirky comedy. We have finished 80 per cent of the shooting. We have been shooting in Mumbai and a major portion of it was shot in Chembur."

The movie is slated to release June 21, 2013. Gupta says viewers must watch out the film for Emraan and Vidya's chemistry.

"I only visualised Vidya and Emraan for this film ever since we started scripting. It's a very unusual pairing and both of them are doing a fabulous job. Their chemistry is looking awesome on screen," said Gupta.

The movie is Gupta's third film in a row with UTV Motion Pictures after "Aamir" and "No One Killed Jessica". The film has music by composer Amit Trivedi, with lyrics by Amitabh Bhattacharya

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

briahna thumbnail
vidya you have to pull this comedy to convince me, you the best out there.
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
So Emraan and Vidya play a married couple? Thankfully these actors play roles apt for their ages and I'm relieved. I'm keen for this flick cuz I love these two actors
-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

really looking forward to the movie!

i also love vidya's pairing with naseer and arshad other than imran! 

Edited by koiza.k - 11 years ago
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I'm waiting for this film and I really want Vidya to show that she can do comedy too. 
PigBenis thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Ghanchakkar will decide whether Vidya can do comedy or not.
Looking forward to the film. Hope there isn't any unnecessary make-out scenes.
-koiza- thumbnail
wish cherry was in this one!  
Cleopatraaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Though i'm a big fan of Vidya i doubt she'll be able to pull off a comedy film///but hope she proves me wrong/// Best of luck to her//😊
-koiza- thumbnail
even though vidya does not have a good sense of humor (as seen from her interviews- she mostly laughs alone at the jokes she cracks) i think she can do comedy solely because of the great actor in her! lets see! 
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Vidya is looking stunning in the pic