Posted: 29 November 2012 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
I'm not entirely sure .I don't like using much protein powders because when I used to use them ...they were good, but when I stopped using them I noticed changes in my performance and strength( I used to play football for my college) . So I stopped using protein powders and now I use everything natural. And to be honest, it is much better than any powder or supplement you can buy. Supplements are only good for fast improvements , but they wont last too long. So basically the improvements will come fast and will go fast.
I love milk, I used to hate it when I was a kid, but now I understand it has a lot of benefits to it. Back in the old days , people who used to work on construction and hard labour used to drink milk because its really good for your bones. Tomorrow if you fall and break your bones, the calcium that is present in milk will help your bones regenerate and prevent yourself from breaking again. I know people who drink milk daily and have never broken their bones and even if they have , they are fully fit faster than someone who doesnt drink milk. It is especially important if you are still growing.
Anyway , sorry for the lecture. But what I used to do and I think you will enjoy too is make somewhat of a milk shake...Do you have a blender at home??
If you do , you should try this:
1. Get one glass of milk, it doesnt matter if its powder or fresh milk. Ofcourse fresh milk is better.
2. Then take one full ripe banana. You can use any fruit if you like , I like using banana's because they are sweet.
3. Then put the banana and the milk in the blender and blend till it is fine and smooth, you can add ice if you want a cool drink.
4. I like to also add nuts- cashews, almonds, walnuts, peanuts...any type of nuts. You can also add ice cream if you want...its really up to you.
5. Lastly blend it all up and drink it . The ripe fruits will make it sweet and you wont even know your drinking milk.
I like to have this drink for breakfast or after exercising. I sometimes fill it with nuts, ice cream , more fruits etc. and blend it and have it as a meal. It gets me full if I add ice cream and nuts.
I hope this was of some help. Let me know how it tasted , if you decide to try it.