Diya Aur Baati Hum

MUHARRAM Thread...Wt Is Muharram=Get IN To Knw (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Superman.

its not important to fast 9th or 11th. but, to fast the 10th of Muharram, is important. its today Muhammad (SAW) 's grandchildren got killed by non-believers. and its told that he used to fast this day.

You're right the fast of Ashura is the significant one...but the Prophet (SAW) did not fast on this day alone.  Check the hadith...He (PBUH) recommended fasting on the other days to differentiate from the jews.

But the Prophet (SAW) didn't fast on these days because his grandchildren were killed on this day.  That happened much later after his death...and carries no religious significance...in terms of praticing Islam

If you know Islamic history...you'll acknowledge that a lot of sahaba were killed by the Kuffaar while fighting for Isalm...everyone's sacrifice is important in the eyes of Allah.  But we fast for the forgiveness of sins...not for the remembrance of anyone's death. 

Edited by ummesulaiman - 24 November 2012 at 12:29pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

CrazyMe123-Liebe-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MUHARRAM Thread...Wt Is Muharram=Get IN To Knw (Page 2)" in Diya Aur Baati Hum forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ummesulaiman

Thanks for the thread Udnis. Tongue

Muharram is as you said, the start of the Muslim calendar's new year and one of the sacred months.

The day of Ashura was widely believed by the Jews to be the day that Allah saved Prophet Moses and the Bani Israel...by allowing them to cross the red sea safely while Pharoh and his army drowned.  It is a day to give thanks to Allah.

Although today Muharram seems to be associated with so many Shite activities...these are cultural practices by various muslim sects and should not be confused with actual religious practices of Islam... as there is no evidence for them in Quran and Hadith.

The most significant thing about Muharram is the fast on Ashura.  It is one of the most virtuous ones after the fasting in Ramadan.

Although it is common practie to fast on the 9 & 10th or 10 & 11th...to differentiate from the Jewish tradition...one may fast on 9, 10, & 11 as well.

Unlike the one's for Ramadan...fasting in Muharram is entirely optional...but carries great reward in return...that is...the forgiveness of the entire past year's sins.

Allah Ta'ala is indeed merciful on sinners like me. Smile

welcomeBig smile...fatima ji...ur name is fatima na?...thank u for additional info. abt muharram...shall i add it in first pageEmbarrassed...sure allah will bless u...and dnt worry...alllah  merciful to all...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ummesulaiman

SwerveBae

IF-Sizzlerz

SwerveBae

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
@umme yeh toh mujhe bhi pata hain.. Geek but, he used to fast the 10th of Muharram. that's all my Quraan teacher told me.

-Liebe-

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by udnis

Muharram is as you said, the start of the Muslim calendar's new year and one of the sacred months.

The day of Ashura was widely believed by the Jews to be the day that Allah saved Prophet Moses and the Bani Israel...by allowing them to cross the red sea safely while Pharoh and his army drowned.  It is a day to give thanks to Allah.

Although today Muharram seems to be associated with so many Shite activities...these are cultural practices by various muslim sects and should not be confused with actual religious practices of Islam... as there is no evidence for them in Quran and Hadith.

The most significant thing about Muharram is the fast on Ashura.  It is one of the most virtuous ones after the fasting in Ramadan.

Although it is common practie to fast on the 9 & 10th or 10 & 11th...to differentiate from the Jewish tradition...one may fast on 9, 10, & 11 as well.

Unlike the one's for Ramadan...fasting in Muharram is entirely optional...but carries great reward in return...that is...the forgiveness of the entire past year's sins.

welcomeBig smile...fatima ji...ur name is fatima na?...thank u for additional info. abt muharram...shall i add it in first pageEmbarrassed...sure Allah will bless u...and dnt worry...Allah  merciful to all...

Yes my name is Fatima ...but please no Ji's...I get enough Ji's from SurYa to last me a lifetime.LOL

Feel free to add whatever you wish...although you've pretty much covered the basics in your thread.  Are you muslim?  Anyways you did a good job regardless... Thumbs Up

I guess the point I was trying to emphasize is that different religious sects have their own practices...but the fasting and it's reward is what's of real significance...as that is what has been emphasized by the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).

-Liebe-

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Superman.

@umme yeh toh mujhe bhi pata hain.. Geek but, he used to fast the 10th of Muharram. that's all my Quraan teacher told me.

The Prophet (PBUH) did fast on the 10th, but he said to fast the additional day to differentiate between the Jews and Muslims...LOL...and that is why we fast for the additional days...following his orders.

Edited by ummesulaiman - 24 November 2012 at 12:58pm

CrazyMe123-Liebe-

-Amli-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Amli-

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:46pm | IP Logged

@Bold Dark red:- Angry. Meri Ammi-Jaan will never come under category of sinners.. Do you want me to give you long lecture????.Evil Smile.. If not then don't use such a word again..It hurts me.Ouch.

@Sindu:- it's a really informative thread. Thanks for the thread. You've done fab job. Clap Star Clap.

-Liebe-ummesulaiman

ummesulaiman

IF-Sizzlerz

ummesulaiman

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ami_dabh

@Bold Dark red:- Angry. Meri Ammi-Jaan will never come under category of sinners.. Do you want me to give you long lecture????.Evil Smile.. If not then don't use such a word again..It hurts me.Ouch.

I'm not a bad person Emy...but I'm not a perfect person by any means...Embarrassed  I always feel that it is best to keep one's eyes on one's shortcomings...then only one can improve...and Allah loves humility.

Edited by ummesulaiman - 24 November 2012 at 12:53pm

-Liebe--Amli-

-Liebe-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Liebe-

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Yes my name is Fatima ...but please no Ji's...I get enough Ji's from SurYa to last me a lifetime.LOL

Feel free to add whatever you wish...although you've pretty much covered the basics in your thread.  Are you muslim?  Anyways you did a good job regardless... Thumbs Up

I guess the point I was trying to emphasize is that different religious sects have their own practices...but the fasting and it's reward is what's of real significance...as that is what has been emphasized by the Prophet Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him).

k...fatima...fatima...now k...for u...

oops i already added it...

no i am muslim...

thank u...

@bold
...i strongly believe that even though all religions having different perspedtive towards theirs...but actuall reason for all this same only...
bless...v want bless from god...from my pov...

GOD is same for all religions...but their way of religious sects r different as u said...if v think very broard minded v can say...one god with different names...as per the religions...if i am not wrong...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top