..Shweta.. thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

"The paradox of vengefulness is that it makes men dependent upon those who have harmed them, believing that their release from pain will come only when their tormentors suffer." 

-Laura Hillenbrand, Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

{Revenge Is a Two Way Street}

Revenge. In simple words, feeding your starved ego. Or so in this case.

"So you love me?" He asked in a voice, so gentle. A dangerous gentle.

"Yes RK, I don't know how it happened, or why it happened. But you've changed. For the better. Your still crazy and you still chew my head off but for some reason, I've grown to like it. I've grown to like you to the point where, yes, to the point where I think I love you." She made the most honest confession she had ever in her existance.

He was left in confusion.

He didn't know she'd fall so deeply.

Her voice reflected honesty, sincerity, and some foreign feeling that he could not quite put his finger on.

He was caught offgaurd when she stroked his rough stubble with her warm soft hands.

He couldn't help but lean in and allow her to continue her indecorous torture.

"I love you RK," she whispered before she began to enclose the gap between their lips.

It was then when his vicious monster posessed him.

"NO!" He shouted as he pushed her way with force that was strong enough to have her crash onto the floor.

"Wha- What's wrong RK?" Her voice quivered in fear.

The fear he so desperately wanted to hear. The fear that built his ego back up.

"Excellent," he clapped, a wicked smile on his face. "Marvelous," he encircled her fallen form on the floor. "Biwi, if I could, I would award myself a filmfare for this," he chuckled.

She got up and gave him the death stare. "RK what kind of a joke is this? You know I don't like such vulgar and cheap jokes!" She leveled her face with his.

"A joke? I think the only joke here is you, my sweet, sweet Biwi." He leaned in a laughed in her face.

"I-I... I don't understand." Her face softened.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. And I though you were smart." He mocked, "Let me explain it to you, my sweet, sweet, Biwi." He grabbed her wrist and sat her down on the bed.

He kneeled down in front of as his eyes bore into hers.

Her frightened for make him chuckle, this should be fun. He found the simplest, yet most effective way to...

"I am an actor, and what do actors do?" He questioned and observed her face closely so he doesn't miss her first expression of realization and outrage.

"...they act."  She replied and then it hit her. "WAIT. NO. RK you cannot  do this to me!" She grabbed his collar. "You can't!" She demanded.

"Easy there Biwi, I might die if you hold on too tight. And you might have to make another trip to Sidhi Vinayak. Remember?" He mocked her breaking away from her hold.

She dropped off from the bed and onto the floor. Her entire world shattered in pieces around her. And then the first tear made it's way down her cheek.

His back was facing hers as he continued to chuckle.

Only, he knew it was to steer his conscience away from what it was so desperately trying to tell him.

This, this entire act, it was supposed to make him happy, it was supposed to relieve his pain, but why did ever laugh feel forced, why did every word feel wrong? He didn't want to dwell upon this topic any further.

Because he himself knew it would haunt him. And he'd have to face it eventually.

He turned around to see that she had left and that was exactly when he felt his heart grow suddenly heavier. It was as if it fell to its stomach.

But this was supposed to feel good! This was supposed to relieve him!

"I love you RK," her voice haunted her mind.

"Stop! Just make it stop!" He screamed into nothing but air. And that was when the monster, let go of his soul. It was the monster that wanted to see her broken, that wanted to hear the fear in her voice, it was the monster.

Perhaps he was just so used to being labled as ruthless, that even he had began to believe it himself. And his ego, nurtured that belief. And it drove the first person that tried to argue otherwise away.

His ego was his self created monster. It got the best of him for a few moments. It clouded his judgement, it posessed his conscience.

He fell in love, when that monster wasn't controlling of him and unfortunately, tonight, his ego didn't let Rishabh break through.

If only he didn't let it bewitch him. He screamed in agony, crumbling into pieces of shattered ego onto the floor.

A familiar jasmine scent filled his nostrils. He looked up to see, her tear stricken face. She hadn't left.

He wasn't the only one who had an ego. She very well had raised one too. A monsterous one. One that caused her nothing but disaster.

A disaster that would captivate her a life time.

She cradled his face in her palms. "I forgive you,"

To disaster, her ego and conscience raised a toast.

To disaster indeed.

"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness,"
-Josh Billings

A/N: I hope you liked it. So I saw everyone writing their own take on RK's possible revenge scheme and thought, why not write my own? And so I wanted to write a really torturous piece in which you cannot read without crying but then there are also saps who love happy endings (I happen to be one of them, when I'm not writing of course) so I mixed the two together. I knew I wanted it to be a dark piece with trecherous sarcasam and mockery. And so I kept it like that with not the typical happy ending.

Love,

Shweta <3
Edited by -ForeverYours- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

utopia88 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Awesome OS! It was entertaining to read. You are a talented writer!👍🏼
larimel22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Love the quotes you've chosen to begin and end the OS with!!

Aww, that was really sweet. I've always wanted something like this to happen! :D
-Pritt- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Loved it Shwetoo!! 

I was going to say it was a "10" until I saw the end and then decided that on our scale, it was a "7", if you know what I mean. 😉

Ahaha anyways, wonderful! The ending was great! 
Basilisk thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow!! Awesome one!!
Loved it :)
SiMi615 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Shweta what a lovely story! I hope that RK lets go of his pride and confesses his love for Madhu! It's heart wrenching to see RK treating Madhu as if she doesn't mean anything to him when deep down inside he loves her very much! Long live RiShBaLa!

***"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul." ~Julie de Lespinasse ***

ironwitch thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I'll be honest. When I saw the title I really didn't want to read it because I'm ... well I'm a sap as you so elegantly put it. But then it was Shwetzy's story and the writing at least was bound to be good, so I started and I ended up LOVING it
If there is a revenge aspect to RKs actions, which I do NOT believe, then let it atleast end this way, please god of serialdom.
take_a_hint thumbnail
very well written

i loved it
QuintessentialI thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Goodness I am dreading Madhu's heartbreak now 
just reading this my heart lurched setting a pang of heart-ache 🥺
Written superbly 👏
Fab os ⭐️

..Sofia.. thumbnail