Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

Swar_Raj

IF-Dazzler

Swar_Raj

Posted: 08 July 2006 at 4:24pm | IP Logged

time to time i hear people liking the oldies or 80s/90s music or remix of the beautiful oldies and then todays music which appears a big shorgul to me.

Would like to know what our young viwers thing of music.

I know we donot have tansen any more but the music we had was the best in the whole world..which we did lose during and after british raj. Have we reached their yet or are we even trying? Is today's music really a music or just a way to get instant fame.

Your thoughts plBig smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Music--original or remix" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 09 July 2006 at 12:17am | IP Logged
I simply hate remixes of any kind.

sanaqureshi

Goldie

sanaqureshi

Posted: 09 July 2006 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
old is gold!!@!!
theres nuthing like old tym muscik!2days muzik iz all the same..hip hop...u see the cap monkey (himesh reshamiya) everywhere so indian muzik has been totally ruined by him...so id rather stick with oh saathi re,hum bewafaa n jeeyen to jeyeen rather then aashiq banaya...n all....

Lady In Pink

IF-Veteran Member

Lady In Pink

Posted: 09 July 2006 at 4:09pm | IP Logged
I hate remixes!!!

I have still not heard even one decent remix song in the 14 years that i've lived!!!

Its sad how they completely ruin the music. Most of the time the best is so loud u can hardly hear the singer. And for no apparent reason they insert weird sound tracks in between, and the song loses its charm completely Ouch

saividya

saividya

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
I came across one of the dailies where lata ji has strongly said that there is no originality in the voices of the new singers. The talent shows only depict the voice of the original singer. Each singer shud be identified with his or her own talent as in the oldies. Even todays old is gold. We prefer to listen those song rather than the present day raps. Only the music tears our ears there is no melody in the song no meaning in the song. I strongly believe that talent must come originally.People shud recognise and accept the talent. Today every one sings. The remix spoils the original make of the song. How hard it wud have been in those days to compose and give a heart warming song which are in these days given the name of remake and thereby spoiling its originality

VishakaGal12

Goldie

VishakaGal12

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
I Think That Original Music Is Better Then Remix.

Swar_Raj

IF-Dazzler

Swar_Raj

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Originally posted by Swar_Raj

time to time i hear people liking the oldies or 80s/90s music or remix of the beautiful oldies and then todays music which appears a big shorgul to me.
Would like to know what our young viwers thing of music.
I know we donot have tansen any more but the music we had was the best in the whole world..which we did lose during and after british raj. Have we reached their yet or are we even trying? Is today's music really a music or just a way to get instant fame.
Your thoughts plBig smile

Remixes are good, when done tastefully and enough creativity has gone into them. After all art is kalliedospopic...you see 'mona lisa', you hear 'tum itna jo muskurarahi ho, kya gham hai jisko chhupa rahi ho,...its the same thing... artists do get inspired from other artistes..Dali redrew 'the last supper' Rodin's 'Thinker' came from a Michaelangelo painting in 'Cistine Chapple'. Movies like Maqbool and now Omkara are recreations of Shkespeare, most greats of classical music have done their own version of 'Vaishnav jan to...' or 'Jai Jagdish Hare...' or 'Raghupati raghav...' In fact I have compiled a CD with 9 versions of 'Raghupati raghav' from 'Purab Paschim' to KKHH to Bismillah khan and each is different in its own way.
Digressing back to the original topic..remixes by themselves are not good or bad..its the effort put into them...artistic originality that makes difference. Jagjit's version of 'Babul Mora' is far more satisfying than Saigal's. Recently someone did remix of "Chandan sa badan' with classical touch in Yeman...Mukesh was not a great classical singer and the new one sounds much better...Just to take advantage of new recording technologies and digital sounds and instruments, remixes are worth doing but - like everything else - you have to kiss a whole lot of frogs before one of them will turn into a prince!

Please forgive my spelling, I am an impressionistic speller -as long as you get the impression it is good enough for me.

Abhijit ji, this is fusion that you are talking about. no harm in trying new beats or adding more structure  . Jugal bandi fusions are the best but the remix like Kanta lagga Dead are worst damage to music industry.

Swar_Raj

IF-Dazzler

Swar_Raj

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:49pm | IP Logged

Big smile

Edited by Swar_Raj - 10 July 2006 at 1:50pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top