Phir Subah Hogi

Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 12

tulipdaisy

IF-Rockerz

tulipdaisy

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
@All

As an actor/actress its completely their wish to choose the characters they want to play. We as audience should remember its a fictional show not a reality.
 I would request you all to calm down and not bash any actors or fellow forum members.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

enigma1seemasrkomal07Vinnie79ForeverSHINeeKhatamKahani-RohitMaxwell-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 9)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ash_arti

@All

As an actor/actress its completely their wish to choose the characters they want to play. We as audience should remember its a fictional show not a reality.
 I would request you all to calm down and not bash any actors or fellow forum members.

Ash Arti, 

Who is forcing them not to play or act in their roles? We are simply expressing our views. They can simply refuse to listen and do what they want - who is preventing them? We are on IF and they are somewhere else.

If you think we are 'bashing' actors then you must give evidence of some sort. It is not fair if members are blamed for giving their views about actors or their skills or their shows this is what this forum is about - constructive criticism.

I clearly gave my own example as how this would be interpreted as shameful yet I am being blamed for 'bashing' Gulki which I have not done. 

I'd also like to know if that is Varaun Badola's post is genuine or not? If actors are going to accuse members then members have the right to defend themselves. 

If actors want members to respect them then equally they must respect us and our views as we accept their POV.

Respect goes both ways.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ruhi86Hillylove

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by varunbadola1974

WE ACTORS DON'T MAKE THE SHOW, WE JUST ACT IN IT. it is so very convenient for you all to say that the show should be shut. who ever ruined our story is a different issue, but someone who believed in his concept and put in crores to put together the show, according to you does not even have the right to earn his money back.

the actors let you down? did any of the actors send you an invitation to come watch the show? i don't think so. it was your choice and you can stop watching it by your choice. 

in this world of competition it takes ages for good work to come your way and at times just basic work takes a life time to come to you. but for your whims and fancies we should leave the show and sit at home. and send our monthly bills to who? YOU?

See my post here:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3286985&PID=69716563&#69716563

Whatever work we do, even if acting, there is a fine line we all don't cross. Self respect & principles should never be bargained at any cost. Money isn't everything or above ethics & morals or good virtues. 

Actors let their viewers down by the false hopes or expectations they give them. I agree people have options whether to watch or not to watch, just like people having choices whether to drink alcohol or not. In our religious beliefs, both the person who drinks alcohol and the one who sells it are both at fault & in sin. As in crime, the one who perpetrates and the one who is a partner or an accomplice in the act are both responsible for the crime.

Similarly, I believe that if I know the negative impacts of TV but I act, showing physical or emotional harm to someone, I will be responsible for anyone copying this negative act. Although, that person who has committed a real crime is at fault, while I only 'acted' it out, I would still feel guilty and would not want the responsibility of the burden of guilt taken in to my grave, regardless whether if I have enough to live on for a few weeks. 

Just as children copy adults, teenagers copy peers, some people also copy role models on TV.

As you yourself said to members they have been posting ideas for CVs on the forum. CVs were following their whims & fancies because the show was a messI do not call it good work but EMBARRASSING FOR INDIA to promote their women in this fashion. For God's sake if you can't resolve the issues back home, at least have some respect for your nation's women and don't flaunt abuse around on big screens for months, as if it is some virtue.

Yes we have stopped watching it by choice, months ago, but many are addicted to TV and they can't stop watching even if they wanted to. Others are induced & pulled into watching and can't differentiate between fiction & reality (as you can see from some of your fans' posts) and those who are in a helpless state of depression, grief, trauma and can't let go.These groups may be more vulnerable to the negative influence of TV.

Edited by Istila - 24 November 2012 at 12:08am

muktha_cuteHillylove

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varunbadola1974

i take time out to come to the forum and read your reactions. though a lot of people have criticized the character played by me and others, we still try and understand that it is the characters which are being questioned. a lot of the members say that they do not have the time to waste on this show and for so many other things, but they still find time to write on the forum regarding the show, WITHOUT WATCHING IT. so you all show some respect to us. NOT BY NOT WRITING SUCH COMMENTS BUT NOT WATCHING THE SHOW AT ALL. the association that i have had in the last few months with you all has started to turn completely shameful.

If you come here to see reactions, that is all you will see -negative reactions. If your intention is to see positivity then that is what you will receive. (I will not use your words that 'no one invited you'  or 'it's your choice' as you said in your post). People actually commend the character TVS, but not the negative role you became later. People have the right to hold opinions of your reputation and to personal views. I don't think anyone has the right to  prevent me from freely expressing my opinions on a public forum. Whether or not if someone has time to post in a forum, it doesn't give the right to anyone else to give personal attacks to others about  'sitting at home all day' when they have never met me. Yes, I do not have time to waste and if I do have time, then I write. 

There has not been much association by you with the forum members, as far as I can see from your profile posts. If you find this interaction shameful then I find the show just the same.

In any case, if you really are Varun Badola then why don't you verify your personal ID?

Edited by Istila - 24 November 2012 at 12:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Hillylove

merrydock

Goldie

merrydock

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 1:43am | IP Logged
serials will effect your mind only if you take them seriously. nobody has to or is being force to watch it if they dont want to.

personaly i think the serial is based on a very twisted strata of society where a community prostitutes their women to earn their livelyhood. so obviously the story is going to be kind of twisted.
a girl in love with the uncle but marries the nephew. but is she still in love with the uncle or has her loyeltys changed to the man who is her husband.

do people condem sugni for rejecting vikrams advance and be true to Aditya, or do people want her to accept vikram so called love and be untrue to Aditya.

the fact is that now she is married and her loyeties lie only with Aditya. even if sugni does not love him, she respects him, and she difinetely has affection for him. sugni simply wants the family to accept her as Aditya wife. and she does not want the power or status of being a thakurine. she only want to be a daughter in law and do he duty a one. and what is wrong with that. if she cared about only being rich why would she stay back in a family that hated her. she could have left with Aditya and lived a happy life away the all of them.  where Aditya could prosper with out his family. why choose this.

i feel sugni is a highly misunderstood character. and should he given the benifit of doubt. and so should aditya. vikrams reaction though wrong is understandable the does not know the real truth.  that sugni and aditya did not try to kill him.  what will happen when he finds out the real truth. and the fact that he lost sugni was due to his own irational actions.
now she is Aditya wife and that fact cannot change.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

locomotoorianthiJShiv

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 8:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

And I am sure these two are very nice women in real life but they play two of the worst females I have seen who are presented to us on a platter as being good women? If they played women who were wrong, I wouldn't have issue - I've played these too. But to play female characters who are doing wrong but are trying to present as being "good" that would bother my conscience and I'd be sick at my stomach at the value I was trying to send

*it's good to love an uncle and then love his nephew whom he raises as son? 
*it's good to flaunt yourself in the face of your ex-lover? 
*it's good to sell yourself to spit on the face of the mother who raised you? TVS didn't even TOUCH her!
*it's good to stab your best friend in the back, use her fiancee to bail you out of a mess that you did NOT need to create for yourself and then get your mother to pressure him into marrying you

And all this is supposed to be good? I'd be throwing up each night before I showed up on the set. I'd be selling my principles for a pay check on a daily basis. 

Laila, you have every right to express your dislike for the female leads. No one can force someone to like/not like someone or an act.

I feel totally ashamed that our Indian actresses are doing such roles where something completely wrong is portrayed as being 'good'...then they say 'wow' and 'cool' and even worse 'super'. 

What if it was their own mother, sister or daughter doing such things - I wonder how they would react?

It pricks my conscious because I truly understand the meaning of shamelessness. Either they do not know, or even worse, they simply do not care.

Edited by Istila - 24 November 2012 at 10:39am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

muktha_cuteHillyloveLaila2009

-RohitMaxwell-

IF-Addictz

-RohitMaxwell-

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
i don feel shame on them. they are actors we've to respect their own decision

komal07ForeverSHINee

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hillydee

I totally agree with you Laila.  It is so strange that in such a powerful country like the USA. the actors and actresses are worshipped, but there is always a balance created for consumers who are against certain things to speak out.

As a matter of fact, viewers are so horrible to these actors, unlike in India,yet those actors  are more gracious to their fans, and understand their feelings.  Never would they tell you to change the channel as you do not need to watch the show, as they full well know that the viewers determine the sustainability of any show.   

However, it seems in India it is the Actors and Writers who dictate the survival of entertainment, and the consumers keep mum and take anything that is dished out to them, no fear that this blind glorification is an unhealthy way to live.

Shows such as PR, the viewers are being treated like mere puppets, to watch whatever nonsense the cvs dish out, everyday is a leap with unrealistic story lines.  While viewers look on eager for the hope that they will be honoured with the story line of their desire while the cvs take comfort in the fact that the actors will save the nonsensical story lines. 

In PSH, the story gets dumber and dumber everyday, immoral and more immoral every day, and instead of the looking into the positive aspects of a viewers disgust, we are being told to shut up and take it or leave it, because allegiance is owed to the Industry, not the viewers, nor any other positive source.

The industry is right and the consumer is wrong.  Clap What an enlightening response received today.

I will definitely change my channel to an American Station.  

Well said Hilary Smile

I don't know if Varun Badola really posted the message or not. If actors are here then why are they hiding? LOL

Whether or not they are playing hide & seek, I don't think actors have the right to point fingers at people they do not even know. Many of us are from decent family backgrounds and do have a lot of work on our hands. Just because no on is watching it doesn't mean we can't read posts or updates - I for one, I am neither watching or reading updates. I come here to visit friends online & have a light discussion. 

This doesn't mean that I am not doing anything else all day. Some of us  have umpteen jobs and we are fast typists. For some members it does take a while before getting over a show so no wonder why they still post here even though they do not watch the serial. They are saddened & still angry to see actors like Varun Badola throw their talent away.

What is pitiful is that the CVs take members posts without giving any credit and use them for their own immoral gains. While they earn this money from musing with our ideas will they ever say thank you? Not once have they had the heart to feel compassion for those of us who cared. We then see attacks  by such talented actors, on members' concentrated efforts, throwing their ideas & story-lines away, as mere whims and fantasy! They lose money, yet they blame us, the public - incredible! If the script writers were so fantastic then why this mess? Later they ask us who is going to pay their bills as if it is our fault! Well members did warn when things were not right, but they took no notice. Friends have given so many ideas and posted their frustrations, but again they took no notice. So what else to expect, except a damaging career resulting in bad reputation & failure?

None of this goes on in UK. With so many errors & mistakes this show would fail recognition before it is even scheduled!

It is obvious whenever there are such sensitive issues arising in a program, it doesn't linger on forever weeks after weeks after years...In UK they do not prolong disturbing dramas but shorten them with the least emotional impact on people's lives and with warnings on its content. 

If they care about their reputation then they should have thought about it before embarking on disaster prone projects. Instead of attacking viewers for things going wrong in their shows, (after encouraging us to post here our views), they should use constructive criticism to help repair their own losses. So many members gave lovely ideas & stories but it all this seems to no avail because of their ostentatiousness and arrogance.

I say again even though frustrated, that I don't think anyone has the right to attack or point fingers at people expressing their views, at public forums, about how they choose to spend their time. I think many members are extremely busy with their lives and have already stated why they visit here, and what work they do but they don't need to defend themselves to anyone, before posting on a public forum. Just because no on is watching it, this doesn't mean they are not reading posts or updates. I am neither reading updates nor watching the show, but I do read some posts and respond, if and whenever I feel I need to.

Best Wishes Heart

Edited by Istila - 24 November 2012 at 12:40pm

ruhi86Hillylove

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.