Phir Subah Hogi

Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 12

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

Hillydee, it's not in speaking out against it, but rather how some of the comments have framed the issue.  

Varun Badola was understanding and calm when calls were made for him to quit the show.  He made no such emotional response when many posts were made in a similar vein regarding his decision to stay on the show.

But these are his two co-actors.  And that too, two female actors.  While many of the comments made here have also been made elsewhere in regards to VB, some posts were uncomfortable.  Not the main post so much (which while Laila blames the actors, and has done the same in other threads and topics regarding Varun Badola), but some of the replies were close to crossing a fine line.

And even the main post, how do you expect an actor to respond when his co-actors are called out like that? Should he keep quiet, even though he converses with the forum members? Or should he reply when the morals of his co-actors are questioned and challenged?  He didn't get worked up when these same charges were leveled at him,, but you can't expect him to keep quiet when it's now stretched to include his collegues.

Now, in response to Mr. Badola.  Well, I don't watch this sickening show anywmore.  Hell, I don't even have the stomach to read the updates.  I do, however, enjoy reading many people's comments and posts evicerating this horrible show. And from their comments and posts, which usually summarize the episodes anyway, I can comment on how ridiculous this story is.

However, I have never called on him or any other actor to leave, nor have I said anyone should leave.

But one thing.  I don't care if the producer loses money that's been invested. If the show is pulled off the air.  The people in charge of this show shouldn't have had a revolving door of CVs who show no consistency in story, details or characterizations,  So it's a bad thing for the crew working and people losing their jobs, sure.  But come December 19th, if the TRPs are dismal, I will point and laugh. Not at the actors or the crew. But at the CVs, the channel, the PH, whoever's responsible for this mess of a show.

If reason the TRPs remain steady or increase. Well then, I guess the show has a steady audience, and none of our displeasure and criticism matter.  

And I am sure these two are very nice women in real life but they play two of the worst females I have seen who are presented to us on a platter as being good women? If they played women who were wrong, I wouldn't have issue - I've played these too. But to play female characters who are doing wrong but are trying to present as being "good" that would bother my conscience and I'd be sick at my stomach at the value I was trying to send

*it's good to love an uncle and then love his nephew whom he raises as son? 
*it's good to flaunt yourself in the face of your ex-lover? 
*it's good to sell yourself to spit on the face of the mother who raised you? TVS didn't even TOUCH her!
*it's good to stab your best friend in the back, use her fiancee to bail you out of a mess that you did NOT need to create for yourself and then get your mother to pressure him into marrying you

And all this is supposed to be good? I'd be throwing up each night before I showed up on the set. I'd be selling my principles for a pay check on a daily basis. 

Edited by Laila2009 - 23 November 2012 at 1:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sunnyroshiIstiladumppurvilikarsh

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 8)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dumppurvi

IF-Dazzler

dumppurvi

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:21pm | IP Logged
I am now in very serious doubt that it was Mr. Varun Badola who made that post.  I believe it is some crazed fan, and it would be really sad that someone would do this to make him seen in bad light in my perspective.

Edited by hillydee - 23 November 2012 at 5:26pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ruhi86IstilaJulieDLaila2009

Istila

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by likarsh

it's not in speaking out against it, but rather how some of the comments have framed the issue. ...

Oh, and how exactly was that framed?

but some of the replies were close to crossing a fine line...And even the main post, how do you expect an actor to respond when his co-actors are called out like that?

What nearly crossed the line?

Should he keep quiet, even though he converses with the forum members? Or should he reply when the morals of his co-actors are questioned and challenged?

Why are you speaking on behalf of anyone? Anyway, who has degraded the morals of his co actors and how? 

Edited by Istila - 23 November 2012 at 5:41pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dumppurvi

Istila

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
How can any of you accuse viewers of attacking, bashing, and demoralising Actors who are attacking, bashing and demoralizing themselves & our conventional moral values in their TV shows across the world?

My God, people out there have already discussed it! How are you going to keep them quiet? You can't, it is as simple as that. People have the right to their personal views.

Here I take *my own self & my dd* as examples so you don't falsely accuse of 'bashing' or attacking' or 'disrespecting' anyone else:

Do you think that if my daughter acted like sugni in a show and my father watches her act for months, arm in arm with two men, one after the other, is this right? Do you think he will not say anything negative about her reputation? I know he and I definitely would. In fact my daughter should have the conscious ability to know not to work for such demeaning roles in endless shows, in the first place.

If I acted as a daughter of a prostitute (God forbid) marrying the nephew of the man I was supposed to be in love with then I am to blame if I get a bad reputation. In fact, if I act as a villain, or as a prostitute (God forbid), then I will expect nothing less than disrepute from the public. 

If my heart is clean then I have nothing to worry about people's dirty slogans as I chose this role to play and act in front of everyone negatively. If the show goes wrong & my reputation goes down the drain while I am seen in an intimate relation with two men with a lot of physical touching (which btw, is disgusting), I will not blame the viewers, but myself.

I will know what to expect, BEFORE I work for such shows. How comes there so little tolerance level yet so much talk of respect when Actors show little or no respect either to those actresses or to the viewers?

Actors are causing dishonour to themselves when they act in such cheap shows. If a woman keeps on acting as a prostitute continually for months then do not expect for one minute when she goes out the door that she will be honoured and respected or liked by everyone, especially if this show is lengthy & applauding ill morals, such as partner swapping, (TVS & Adi), dancing for Rai etc. You can see the disgust from many members about Rewa & Sugni already. They probably won't even accept any of these actresses in a heroine role right now.

So please respect your own women first before expecting your audience to. 

Showing Sugni or Gulabiya as 'trashy prostitutes', in such dramas, are indeed 'trashy'. That is the whole point of the discussion to limit the harm, dishonour & disrespect and disservice which you yourselves are giving your co-star actresses in your shows.

Gulki is young therefore she should be working in nice, honourable ethical based dramas. She should have self -respect. I am sure that I am not telling you what you already don't know about.

Yes, you have nothing to fear from my side as I will always respect them and treat them like my own sisters, but please do not expect the world to conform if actors and producers, produce poor, rated shows.

Edited by Istila - 23 November 2012 at 5:47pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ruhi86dumppurvi

Istila

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hillydee

I am now in very serious doubt that it was Mr. Varun Badola who made that post.  I believe it is some crazed fan, and it would be really sad that someone would do this to make him seen in bad light in my perspective.

Hmmm, you know that is what I was thinking...

If actors were really here surely the moderators or admin would inform us. Also they would make clear their identity.

dumppurvi

orianthi

Goldie

orianthi

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 7:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Istila

Originally posted by orianthi

Listen u cannot blame the actors. Actors ACT they don't write the script and have no influence over the plot. Also I don't blame Gulki for staying, she is a young actress and this show is still somewhat popular and she gets a salary and recognition. What young actress could really afford to leave her job because sm ppl don't like her character? Also acting is not about having a likeable character. Even this 'trashy' character is still unique. Love her or hate her, Sugni is unique.

Also how can u say shame on her? What wrong did Gulki do? That is like bashing her. Who are we to say shame on her, Nayarani or Nandish? That is disrespectful and petty. It is just a show whatever the characters are like has nothing to do with the actors. Why don't u say shame on Varun too? After all he is supporting this show by staying too...LOL

Originally posted by Mohini19

Personally, I don't watch the shows and then judge the actor based on the character they're playing. Of course, that is not the case with everyone else.

I don't know these actors personally and hence definitely not in a position to comment on why they agreed to play a role in the first place and continue to doing so. Maybe, there are otherswho do think they are in a position to do that.

Mohini & Orianthi, this may also be perceived as a derogatory & judgemental comment on others who have different opinions to you. 

I have already posted above, it is not abuse or bashing. Laila has posted her views about Varun as well. Viewers can make critical remarks on actors and often do. As you make your POV then also respect others point of view.

Although I did not start this thread, I believe, all members have every right to protest & complain about actors & the characters they represent. It is not only about the characters they are playing but the immoral nature of the whole show and the continual immoral actions that these characters represent. 

Everyone has the right to freely express their views about this without any qualms. We all have rights to express our concerns & judgements on a show & on actors if they persistently, reflect on bad choices and ill conduct. 

If I need to eat, I don't have to steal from others, or sell my body, or work to destroy peoples beliefs, ethical & moral values. I don't call being induced into watching a stream of illicit affairs and dishonouring of family ethics & conventional values, a good source of entertainment, either.

There is no objective left for this show. If they had a storyline to follow then it would have been apparent what role these characters play. However, after all these months, there is no protagonist left in this show and if there is one suited for this purpose, the actor is sidelined and also pushed into an antagonist role.

I and others can't understand how any actor or actress can work lengthily in degrading shows which promote immorality & depict these senseless, shameless, unpleasant, illogical scenarios that defy all logic, social & societal norms, without pricking their conscious.

That is our POV.

What are u talking about? You are saying that Gulki should be ashamed because she is playing the role of Sugni? Only God can judge like that. U may not intend to be derogatory but what u are saying is. Ppl need to stop taking these shows so seriously and move on. If u don't like Sugni or the plot why bring Gulki into this? I like how ppl use the excuse of personal opinion when they want to unintentionally or intentionally attack a show or actor. I am not saying that u are bashing for spite but to a lot of us here it comes across like u are bashing Gulki. No one here has the right to say that that girl has no shame. U think it is easy to come for hours upon hours daily to shoot? Tv actors have  some of the longest working hours. 

U have a problem with the plot so message the Cvs, talk about them. Do not come on I.F. and say that the actor has no shame. That is not ok.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

jonelleVinnie79ForeverSHINeekomal07likarsh

Istila

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by varunbadola1974

...Laila i speak on behalf of all actors here please keep a check on your fingers and brains while typing. to pontificate others is one of the easiest things to do...

Don't you think you are discrediting your viewers? Are you suggesting they don't know how to use their intelligence or be respectful? If this website belongs to you then please at least have the courtesy to label that Actors will post condescending remarks & make broad accusations or pass negative assumptions before fully reading posts.

Yes, I agree, that actors & CV's are both to blame, as both have a responsibility & viewers have the right to their view point. 

If you only want positive views about the show and no criticisms then please block members and shut down this website, or keep robotic software that produces reams of self-compliments. (Like Adni supporters do 'marvellously')

If you need advice & help then your friends are all ready to help.

Edited by Istila - 23 November 2012 at 10:29pm

dumppurvi

Istila

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:44pm | IP Logged
Orianthi, 

If you don't want to read or understand then I suggest you move on to something else instead of attacking.

If you want to criticize my posts by all means, but please clearly quote the sentence & give me the reference to what exactly you are referring to, instead of your broad generalisations. It's no point attacking members and blaming them for attacking actors when they are only expressing their beliefs & their views.  If you want to post your POV go ahead but without naming and shaming other members. I have not derogated any forum member or actor. If you think my POV is derogatory then that is your problem.

Your beliefs about God's judgement will be different to mine. God did not forbid me to speak my mind about shamelessness. I don't think you have the right to be rude to tell members to leave IF just because you disagree with the posts.

Edited by Istila - 23 November 2012 at 10:17pm

dumppurvi

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.