Phir Subah Hogi

Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 12

Hillylove

IF-Dazzler

Hillylove

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
Mohini I like your post.  However, the way I see it this is why the world continues this way, too many of us throw up our hands in defeat, feeling that things can't change or we can't make a difference.

I thought PSH would have been about a new way to show the people of Bedni culture, that they can change their lives, do things differently, empower themselves.  However, it not only turned out to be an unrealistic dream, the show became even lower than the typical serial.

So, what is so wrong is speaking out against this and how actors can play a role in the change?

I am baffled at the response from the actor and the viewers. It is really sad. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IstilaLaila2009

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 7)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mohini19

Goldie

Mohini19

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hillydee

Mohini I like your post.  However, the way I see it this is why the world continues this way, too many of us throw up our hands in defeat, feeling that things can't change or we can't make a difference.

I thought PSH would have been about a new way to show the people of Bedni culture, that they can change their lives, do things differently, empower themselves.  However, it not only turned out to be an unrealistic dream, the show became even lower than the typical serial.

So, what is so wrong is speaking out against this and how actors can play a role in the change?

@ hilly: I see your point and where you are coming from. And I have definitely given a thought to the role of actors in promoting or discouraging such regressive ideas. I might be wrong here, but I feel that if one actor denies a role, the Indian telly industry will always be able to find another actor that would be most happy to do that role (no matter how negative or horrible the character they're supposed to play).

Producers, directors, story writers, and the actors do have a certain degree of social responsibility regardless of the fact that their primary goal may be to make money. Personally, I would love to see the actors etc. shunning such roles. But, that would REQUIRE a PARADIGM shift in the thinking of those in the entertainment industry.

I also think that someone who should own the RESPONSIBILITY and also the BLAME for such REGRESSIVENESS on Indian channels is the concerned CHANNEL itself, Zee in this case. The mass movement has to start from the channel itself. It's like NIPPING the evil in the BUD.

I have said this umpteen no. of times in multiple posts as to how regressive Zee is. Zee presents a paradox when they have such shows on air and their punch line is (Umeed se Saje Zindagi).

The so called super hit shows are the ones that are probably the most regressive much to the chagrin of the viewers like us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12

Hillylove

IF-Dazzler

Hillylove

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
@Mohini.  Well I was speaking to the majority as actors.  If the producers cannot cast "any,' actor for a particular role, due to the story line, they would have to change the direction of the story line.  If the producers are of the opinion that actors separate themselves from their roles to the point where they have no discretion, then things will always continue this way.

Remember the producers will not change easily as they are only obviously about money, as they hold the handle, they are the ones with the money to put on the shows.  However, if the viewers refuse to watch and the actors refuse to act, where does that leave channels like Zee and their cvs? They would be out of business in no time.

It is always the smaller man who would have to make the change, because the big man is filled with the arrogance and presumed invincibility of being 'Big."

Just my two cents.

Edited by hillydee - 23 November 2012 at 1:15pm

IstilaLaila2009

Istila

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:26pm | IP Logged

To Varunbadola1974

I assume your post is for me, Laila & others.

Originally posted by varunbadola1974

i do not understand when your emotions are running so high then why don't you all exercise the option of picking up the remote and changing the channel.

How do you know whether our emotions are running high? What good will a remote control do when we don't have a TV set? This is India forums & we can't change channels on a discussion thread.

i speak on behalf of all actors here,

Why should you speak on behalf of all the actors & how do we really knowwho you are, were's the evidence? 

We just see a typed text on India forums. Anyone could be using an ID under this name! 

HillyloveLaila2009

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Istila

Originally posted by komal07

The things have become worst and ugly but to my amazement the so called MODS of the forum 're least  bothered ... anyway
Thanks!!!

Oh please, I have seen uglier threads yet no one respond. 

Why should the moderators be here? What exactly has anyone done wrong? Spoke against actors & criticised their acting skills?

Thank you for your support. Expressing a thought seems to be forbidden; the more I learn about India's fear tactics on suppressing people, the more I understand how it has infiltrated other aspects of life including this forum. 

IstilaHillylove

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mohini19

Originally posted by hillydee

@ hilly: I see your point and where you are coming from. And I have definitely given a thought to the role of actors in promoting or discouraging such regressive ideas. I might be wrong here, but I feel that if one actor denies a role, the Indian telly industry will always be able to find another actor that would be most happy to do that role (no matter how negative or horrible the character they're supposed to play).

Producers, directors, story writers, and the actors do have a certain degree of social responsibility regardless of the fact that their primary goal may be to make money. Personally, I would love to see the actors etc. shunning such roles. But, that would REQUIRE a PARADIGM shift in the thinking of those in the entertainment industry.

I also think that someone who should own the RESPONSIBILITY and also the BLAME for such REGRESSIVENESS on Indian channels is the concerned CHANNEL itself, Zee in this case. The mass movement has to start from the channel itself. It's like NIPPING the evil in the BUD.

I have said this umpteen no. of times in multiple posts as to how regressive Zee is. Zee presents a paradox when they have such shows on air and their punch line is (Umeed se Saje Zindagi).

The so called super hit shows are the ones that are probably the most regressive much to the chagrin of the viewers like us.
Until someone with the financial means is bold enough to make that change, it will never happen. In Hollywood when people - especially talented actors - wanted to exert control, they took it upon themselves to do it. The banded together and formed United Artists. The point is that until talented actors push their resources together, then and only then can things change. If these actors took two minutes of their time out to hear what was going on, then they would sit together and approach the production team and say "look this storyline is NOT working." To believe that a good acting job and in fact pacify us with the idea that their good acting job surpasses everything stuns me. No amount of acting talent can save some of these shows. 

IstilaHillylove

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:52pm | IP Logged
Hillydee, it's not in speaking out against it, but rather how some of the comments have framed the issue.  

Varun Badola was understanding and calm when calls were made for him to quit the show.  He made no such emotional response when many posts were made in a similar vein regarding his decision to stay on the show.

But these are his two co-actors.  And that too, two female actors.  While many of the comments made here have also been made elsewhere in regards to VB, some posts were uncomfortable.  Not the main post so much (which while Laila blames the actors, and has done the same in other threads and topics regarding Varun Badola), but some of the replies were close to crossing a fine line.

And even the main post, how do you expect an actor to respond when his co-actors are called out like that? Should he keep quiet, even though he converses with the forum members? Or should he reply when the morals of his co-actors are questioned and challenged?  He didn't get worked up when these same charges were leveled at him,, but you can't expect him to keep quiet when it's now stretched to include his collegues.

Now, in response to Mr. Badola.  Well, I don't watch this sickening show anywmore.  Hell, I don't even have the stomach to read the updates.  I do, however, enjoy reading many people's comments and posts evicerating this horrible show. And from their comments and posts, which usually summarize the episodes anyway, I can comment on how ridiculous this story is.

However, I have never called on him or any other actor to leave, nor have I said anyone should leave.

But one thing.  I don't care if the producer loses money that's been invested. If the show is pulled off the air.  The people in charge of this show shouldn't have had a revolving door of CVs who show no consistency in story, details or characterizations,  So it's a bad thing for the crew working and people losing their jobs, sure.  But come December 19th, if the TRPs are dismal, I will point and laugh. Not at the actors or the crew. But at the CVs, the channel, the PH, whoever's responsible for this mess of a show.

If reason the TRPs remain steady or increase. Well then, I guess the show has a steady audience, and none of our displeasure and criticism matter.  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12seemasrForeverSHINeeHillylove-Nakshatra-

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
One of the comments MR. VB said in his post is the producer is trying to recoup his loss. Well, here's one he can do it, give us a show that actually works. Telling viewers to shut up and change to another channel is very rude. No actor in the west ever speaks to a member of the audience in this way no matter HOW much criticism they have received.  

Does MR. VB intend to go after every member of this forum? HIgher hooligans to visit houses and harass them like a typical desi politican to "make us like him?" Like HD said, I don't engage in hero worship hence my refusal to continually worship on an appreciation thread.  

Edited by Laila2009 - 23 November 2012 at 1:54pm

IstilaHillylove

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.