Phir Subah Hogi

Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 12

Hillylove

IF-Dazzler

Hillylove

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Mr. Varun Badola what you said is duly noted.   I was quite taken aback by the response, but you are human and if you feel offended you are allowed to express that.

As I said in a previous post, I believe it is only fair for both sides, that the actors can do as they please, but the viewers can also speak of how they feel about the shows. 

My input about the actors to refuse certain jobs, is due to the fact that the Cvs are the ones holding the handle, they are the ones with the money to put on the show.  However, if they are faced with criticisms from the majority actors, they will be forced to leave out certain unpleasant aspects of their shows.

If you felt offended by my input, then I am truly sorry for that.  However, changing every channel on the Television does not really make any sense if all channels have the same repetitive way out immoral shows. 
Consumers also have the right to question what is being shown to them, and I feel this right is critical in the continuation of such shows. 

However, since we live in a world where majority rules, I guess controversial opinions are irrelevant and redundant, surely a waste of time it seems. As, well meaning opinions are seeing as a violation against a person's rights. 

As I said in previous posts. Mr. Badola you are truly talented and I wish you only continued success in your career.

All the best. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IstilaLaila2009

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 6)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vinnie79

Hi friends,
 Emotions on this  thread are running high...the purpose of this forum is to express our opinions about the show and what we like or dislike about it. Some of us dislike the direction in which  the story is going, and we have strong opinions on that. Maybe sometimes we do go over the top.
 Discussing the characters and story  can be fun and enlightening...but when the line gets blurred  and we start to criticize the Actor/Actress  who are  after all  just doing  their job that is not nice.  Ms. Gulki Joshi and Ms. Nayarani Shastri are just playing a part and whatever we may think of the story  they are doing  a commendable job  with what they are given.  And as people they should be  given the appropriate amount of respect for  doing a job that they excel at.
 We have been fortunate enough to interact  with Mr. Varun Badola, and it would be really sad and dissapointing if he were to leave this forum on a sour note because of personal attacks on his and his co-stars personalities.  so I implore us all to please give each other  at least that amount of common courtesy.  We can still express our opinions on this show ...but please not at the expense of others .
 Thank you!

Vinnie, Here's the point of the post. We know actors are victims of producers and writers, but they also have the ability to speak up and band together and speak their minds. If people do NOT work together, then we will continue to be fed tripe. Even in Hollywood if actors hate a role, they are a vocal about it - Eddie Murphy, Keanu Reeves etc, have spoken up that they did some VERY bad films for the paycheck. They called their own films BAD. What's the problem with these actors? 

IstilaHillylove

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varunbadola1974

hi to all,
i do not understand when your emotions are running so high then why don't you all exercise the option of picking up the remote and changing the channel. Laila i speak on behalf of all actors here, please keep a check on your fingers and brains while typing. to pontificate others is one of the easiest things to do. WE ACTORS DON'T MAKE THE SHOW, WE JUST ACT IN IT. it is so very convenient for you all to say that the show should be shut. who ever ruined our story is a different issue, but someone who believed in his concept and put in crores to put together the show, according to you does not even have the right to earn his money back. the actors let you down? did any of the actors send you an invitation to come watch the show? i don't think so. it was your choice and you can stop watching it by your choice. in this world of competition it takes ages for good work to come your way and at times just basic work takes a life time to come to you. but for your whims and fancies we should leave the show and sit at home. and send our monthly bills to who? YOU? i take time out to come to the forum and read your reactions. though a lot of people have criticized the character played by me and others, we still try and understand that it is the characters which are being questioned. a lot of the members say that they do not have the time to waste on this show and for so many other things, but they still find time to write on the forum regarding the show, WITHOUT WATCHING IT. so you all show some respect to us. NOT BY NOT WRITING SUCH COMMENTS BUT NOT WATCHING THE SHOW AT ALL. the association that i have had in the last few months with you all has started to turn completely shameful. 

"but someone who believed in his concept and put in crores to put together the show, according to you does not even have the right to earn his money back. the actors let you down?"

There is a saying, "a fool and his money are easily parted" whoever chose to wage their fortune on a show should not be in this field for drama - be it acting etc - are art forms and to simply have money does not an artist make. 

The MR VB is to realize this, that no matter how brilliant an actor is, they cannot save a dreadful script and storyline. Even if you cast Meryl Street, Robert De Niro or any of the finest actors in Hollywood in this show, this show and script cannot and would NEVER be saved. It's sad to watch fine talent - and you guy are all excellent actors and those goes without saying wasted on this show. I would hope that in future actors would support each other in speaking out against where their shows are heading rather than fall victim to the abuses and bullying of the production companies. THat is a sad state of affairs for Indian television and its future. 

IstilaHillylove

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:21pm | IP Logged
When fans etc say "don't watch my show" it translates as saying "stop saying those things about it." The field of entertainment is full of criticism and the problem in India is that the entire system refuses to be the subject of criticism. It is full of a desire of hero worship and adoration and how dare you say anything. Consequently, the suppression of any critical thought or comment is subject to censorship and nothing improves. 

IstilaHillylove

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by M0uNi

And please stop attacking actors in person...

Who is attacking and exactly, how?

Originally posted by M0uNi

Be mature enough to understand that they are there only to act according to someone's direction & that's their job.

Who is not being mature in their understanding & how? 

And at the end of day, they are trying to entertain you,unconditionally. 

I don't call this entertainment.

So please try to pay some respect to them,or atleast refrain from hurting them..
Remember, One who gives respect, earns respect...

How is anyone hurting actors on an Indian forum? Are you compelling everyone to give a good reputation to actors by force?

You really do not know me at all. If I wanted to disrespect any actor I wouldn't waste my precious time here.

Edited by Istila - 23 November 2012 at 12:38pm

HillyloveLaila2009

Hillylove

IF-Dazzler

Hillylove

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
I totally agree with you Laila.  It is so strange that in such a powerful country like the USA. the actors and actresses are worshipped, but there is always a balance created for consumers who are against certain things to speak out.

As a matter of fact, viewers are so horrible to these actors, unlike in India,yet those actors  are more gracious to their fans, and understand their feelings.  Never would they tell you to change the channel as you do not need to watch the show, as they full well know that the viewers determine the sustainability of any show.   

However, it seems in India it is the Actors and Writers who dictate the survival of entertainment, and the consumers keep mum and take anything that is dished out to them, no fear that this blind glorification is an unhealthy way to live.

Shows such as PR, the viewers are being treated like mere puppets, to watch whatever nonsense the cvs dish out, everyday is a leap with unrealistic story lines.  While viewers look on eager for the hope that they will be honoured with the story line of their desire while the cvs take comfort in the fact that the actors will save the nonsensical story lines. 

In PSH, the story gets dumber and dumber everyday, immoral and more immoral every day, and instead of the looking into the positive aspects of a viewers disgust, we are being told to shut up and take it or leave it, because allegiance is owed to the Industry, not the viewers, nor any other positive source.

The industry is right and the consumer is wrong.  Clap What an enlightening response received today.

I will definitely change my channel to an American Station.  

IstilaLaila2009

Istila

Goldie

Istila

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by komal07

The things have become worst and ugly but to my amazement the so called MODS of the forum 're least  bothered ... anyway
Thanks!!!

Oh please, I have seen uglier threads yet no one respond. 

Why should the moderators be here? What exactly has anyone done wrong? Spoke against actors & criticised their acting skills?

HillyloveLaila2009

Mohini19

Goldie

Mohini19

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Regardless of the difference of opinions, I personally strongly believe that there is no appreciation for anything other than mediocrity (among the majority of Indian audiences) when it comes to Indian telly shows.

Of course, there are many of us that welcome different, progressive, and novel concepts. But, such shows offer promise for only a couple of weeks and then fall prey to the saas-bahu drama and scheming that a majority of Indian audiences feed on.

I still remember that when PSH had started (way before the storyline messed up), I had mentioned how regressive the show is and how it was just glorifying the Rai culture (which probably still exists in some part of India that might represent only 0.00001% of Indian population). I personally find it highly DEPLORABLE when they even show the RAI dance in other Zee shows under the pretext of MAHA-SANGAM episodes. It is NOTHING but a GLORIFICATION of a highly unfortunate culture. and yes, ZEE TV is notorious for coming up with such regressive shows (the list is never ending).

I stopped watching PSH long back and read the written updates once in a while and that itself is pretty upsetting. I personally make a conscious choice of not exposing my kids to Indian telly shows. But, I think it is a legit question by others when they ask that most people wouldn't want to watch such shows with their family.

Finally, as sad as it might sound, I really DO NOT SEE much changing for the Indian telly shows in the future. CRAP will flourish and propagate in the name of ENTERTAINMENT. There is definitely a big degree of ARROGANCE and IGNORANCE when it comes to the Indian telly industry and not admitting there is a problem.

So, until things change or show any promise of changing, I just use my own judgment to NOT watch and simply REJECT such shows. That's my way (and I guess for many of us) of making peace with the sad telly situation.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

seemasrIstilaHillyloveLaila2009

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.