Phir Subah Hogi

Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 12

Mohini19

Goldie

Mohini19

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Oh well...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shame on Gulki Joshi and Nayarani Shastri (Page 4)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ForeverSHINee

IF-Dazzler

ForeverSHINee

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Istila

Anastasia I don't think Laila forced any actor or actress to leave. She and I appreciated why the others left. The problem is not the negative role but the immorality of the show and how TVS 's character is assassinated by CVs to be made into a negative, which not many members agree to.
Istila I think its the CVS should leave not the actors.They are the ones who promoted immorality in the name of Mahaanta.Actors can ask for slight changes in script the can't completely change the script.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ruhi86razor12komal07dumppurvilikarshronshaan

Istila

Istila

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged

I agree with you Anastasia  we all understand what the CV's may be doing/not doing, but I agree with Laila that it's also the actors responsibility. I have put up my posts in the frustrations thread and elsewhere, e.g. in Vikram U Turn thread, you know my views on this and how our requests have been ignored. I would never work for this purpose, or for ill gotten gains... Actors can leave have hope, and start fresh may be with a better director or company.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ruhi86dumppurvi

Istila

Istila

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 7:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Gulki Joshi must have signed one heck of a contract or lost all her scruples by portraying one of the trashiest female leads I have witnessed on television. Nayarani Shastri should be kicking herself too. I blame actors for remaining silent; for not speaking out against the abuse of the characters they play and the immorality they promote on television. Actors have a responsibility to present values that are beneficial to our society. 

To promote the idea of marrying the nephew of the man who love - the nephew who saw his uncle as a father figure grosses me out. For NS character, Gulabiya to force him to take on a responsibility he could ill afford stuns me. Gulabiya is one of the most cunning and manipulative characters I have seen and NO performance from NS can save it.  As for Gulki, I don't know how she sleeps at night knowing she is portraying a woman of the lowest level - one who steals her best friends lover, then flaunts herself in the face of the man she wants to hate by dancing around with his nephew. 

Producers, writers and actors all have a responsibility and should speak up. VB has let us all down and these two have as well. If Anuj S. was fired or left the show because he could not digest the concept, then my hats off to him for his efforts to stand up to portraying good values. 

I am a liberal person, but there are some things that are not liberal or open minded but down right cheap and disgusting and NS and Gulki Joshi are portraying two characters that excel at it. 

It seems some people believe that criticising actresses and saying their acting is rubbish is a direct insult to them. If they work as dancers & act as prostitutes continuously & there is not a single decent character left in the show, what else are the audience left to perceive except: 'trashy', 'cheap', 'disgusting' are the only words fit to be used to define these type of shows & this filthy profession (prostitution & adultery). 

Now some people are audacious enough to attack members for using the correct terminology for continually acting immorally as prostitutes and call it 'bashing'. So in other words imagine a prostitute saying that don't bash me calling me a cheap filthy woman. Well, of course an actress is only acting, but if she continually is acting as a prostitute for months on end, then definitely this cheap character is NOT a paragon of virtue or worth any recognition.

Which decent family woman wants her husband to watch a show promoting prostitution (Gulabiya with other women), fornication (Amrita & Aditya) & deceit (Sugni & Aditya)?

Laila I've come to the conclusion from comments everywhere that these actors & actresses are not adult enough to find better work, and can only act an immoral plot for months because they are 'told to' or rather bullied or bribed into it. They are either too young, or to old, and too scared to leave a collapsed show in case they may miss their daily bread. 

We believe that God gives prosperity and our income must always be from lawful  & righteous means. I don't know what these actors & actresses will do if the producer ends up with a sudden heart attack?

Working as a villain or a negative is about winning awards that are given indiscriminately. Dancing amongst males & actresses behaving as prostitutes are talents, & receive a 'recognition'. In my young days these were the most menial & low esteemed jobs. 

Movies, used to have some moral grounds and often depicted classical tales with a chivalrous hero & and a graceful & virtuous heroine, these days lengthy serials filled with demoralising negativity with no real protagonist, dominate the world of television and are classed as 'entertainment'.

As others have said, thanks for starting this thread as I really needed to express my POV on this issue. 

No wonder why I & many people don't watch it anymore.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

dumppurvi

dumppurvi

IF-Dazzler

dumppurvi

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Excellent Post LailaClap

Initially I had a stance and I still continue to believe that everyone has free will to do as they please. I personally, completely disagree with Gulki and Nandish and Varun Badola starring in these shows. 

However, I have been thinking that if all actors refuse to play certain roles,. then the writers would be forced to change the immorality they have been portraying in these shows.

If all actors, said you know what "I refuse to go this low," then maybe the Industry will be forced to change due to fear of having no actors, especially good ones to make their show a success. 

I can deal with shows, that shows evil people, because they are all around us.  Yet, I don't agree with the extremity of the immorality as in a show like PSH.  There must be a line where and actor draws and says, hell no this is compromising my values and even my image to my fans, for the sake of money or losing my popularity with producers and writers.

At the end of the day, some justify their choice, so it seems that we are far from seeing changes.  For too long, actors have been telling themselves that this role is not serious to my life because "I am only Acting."

It is really a shame.  I love the acting of all the actors in this show, but after awhile some things are not "cute," or "funny," or even "entertaining," any more.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

razor12IstilaLaila2009

Istila

Istila

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 10:02pm | IP Logged

I don't think either I or others are saying that all actors should refuse to act or play certain roles, or that we are asking the writers to be forced to change all the immorality they have been portraying in these shows. 

I did not mean actors should only act 'good' and never show any 'evil'. In any movie, there is bound to be some negativity. We all know how to write a simple story ...there is a beginning, a middle & end something exciting has to happen in between, there will be ups & downs & usually a hero somewhere about. I must add though, I am not a great fan of TV serials or movies of the 21st century. I don't even own a TV or watch it any more. You may also notice on Youtube people are making more positive comments of older movies than those of today. They had a sense of morality in those days a concept which is vanishing fast in this century.

I can also relate negativity but not the extreme it continues on in PSH and because negativity is around us and is being propagated all around us, watching it is basically hammering more of it, in. We already know TV is creating a detrimental effect to some peoples lives. 

I knew a couple where the wife was constantly asking her husband not to watch so many Indian dramas as he hardly spends any time with her at home.  I could tell he was addicted to the shows, so the more he watched the more he used verbal abuse, copying the verbal abuse form the TV drama, the more she would get frustrated cry & complain, etc.

If directors keep making shows full of negativity & portraying evil, or immorality that is like if you imagine someone shouting at you at work, then at the library, on the street then at home...you time for need inner tranquility to calm yourself and also need to some solace to find inner peace. If you can't have peace to reset your values in life even at home then you will be soon shouting at everyone at home & street & work as well. Since that is the current environment where there is already so much negativity which you are used to living in and you know no other way to behave, you don't need more of it, but good examples to follow instead, which is the way it used to be...friends & families used to talk more with each other, & discuss issues, they did not have a TV set they were glued to.

Classical tales had all sorts of examples. Look at for example, Oliver Twist, Sense & Sensibility, Pride & Prejudice, Robin Hood, Agatha Christie, Sherlock Holmes, David Copperfield, etc.

PHS doesn't even seem to have any storyline. It seems beyond repair. The show itself has become an immoral venture by making the roles to be completely negative for months on end (like they currently are in some Indian serials) and this is giving a negative impact on the viewers like myself and I find it emotionally draining. 

I don't think a decent wife or husband would want his or her spouse to watch TV shows endlessly and many shows are full of filth or promoting prostitution, couple swapping going on etc. Someone with trauma does not want to watch anyone being punished because s/he loves someone. A woman who has gone through abuse does not want to watch rapes - they won't want to relive their trauma. People need solutions not more worries & anxieties or a constant stream of shameless nonsense being presented to them endlessly.

Personally, I believe that PSH is an embarrassment because it is filled with inconsistencies & has lost all credibility with me.

IMHO if  actors stopped  & refused to work to promote immorality then the shows may change positively where good actors can set an example to others - that is what I call a successful production company. They can also try making shorter dramas for a couple of weeks long instead. At least then they can plan ahead properly.

Nevertheless, for many like myself - TV is OUT.

Best Wishes

Edited by Istila - 22 November 2012 at 10:13pm

ruhi86

princessglory

Goldie

princessglory

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
nandish always take credit of other actors hardworking in uttrn vansh acted very well and nandish got all the credit and the leading lady here also varun's acting is marvellous but nandish became hero and married leading lady pathetic and dull face hero

dumppurvi

varunbadola1974

varunbadola1974

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:53am | IP Logged
hi to all,
i do not understand when your emotions are running so high then why don't you all exercise the option of picking up the remote and changing the channel. Laila i speak on behalf of all actors here, please keep a check on your fingers and brains while typing. to pontificate others is one of the easiest things to do. WE ACTORS DON'T MAKE THE SHOW, WE JUST ACT IN IT. it is so very convenient for you all to say that the show should be shut. who ever ruined our story is a different issue, but someone who believed in his concept and put in crores to put together the show, according to you does not even have the right to earn his money back. the actors let you down? did any of the actors send you an invitation to come watch the show? i don't think so. it was your choice and you can stop watching it by your choice. in this world of competition it takes ages for good work to come your way and at times just basic work takes a life time to come to you. but for your whims and fancies we should leave the show and sit at home. and send our monthly bills to who? YOU? i take time out to come to the forum and read your reactions. though a lot of people have criticized the character played by me and others, we still try and understand that it is the characters which are being questioned. a lot of the members say that they do not have the time to waste on this show and for so many other things, but they still find time to write on the forum regarding the show, WITHOUT WATCHING IT. so you all show some respect to us. NOT BY NOT WRITING SUCH COMMENTS BUT NOT WATCHING THE SHOW AT ALL. the association that i have had in the last few months with you all has started to turn completely shameful. 

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

Sky-Windwiddyrazor12Sweet_KrishnaseemasroctopieM0uNijonelleMohini19JulieDShas3Vinnie79ForeverSHINeekomal07RamanRKRaghav4Ulikarshronshaan

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.