Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Lying about virginity (Page 4)

insouciance IF-Rockerz
insouciance
insouciance

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 10:00am | IP Logged
I usually dont harbour these antiquated beliefs,but I surely am NOT ok with sleeping around before marriage.. I feel that it just means rabid desperation DeadDead and loose moralsWell,Its a personal opinion,but I dont really mind being a fuddy duddy because i dont approve of PMSBig smile ..I may harbour antediluvian visions and may be quite orthodox but I'm happy that way Big smile ..

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

There now everything you said proves my point that virgins believe they are on higher moral ground . They are so wrong.

Finally it all comes down to personal views,personal beliefs and personal opinions,and opinions can never be right or wrong WinkBig smile
sonali_k Newbie
sonali_k
sonali_k

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Aparna said
You want to know about me ? No, i wouldn't have any issues with my daughter or little sister having sex as long as she's an ADULT !! And don't make presumptions that a non- virgin has even an iota of guilt in them !!

So ru going to tell your daughter Aparna that its ok to have pre-marital sex with any number of people and then its ok to lie and cheat your future husband and tell him that you are virgin? Is that what you did? You will be a very good mother Clap

Edited by sonali_k - 10 July 2006 at 11:03am
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonali_k

Aparna said
You want to know about me ? No, i wouldn't have any issues with my daughter or little sister having sex as long as she's an ADULT !! And don't make presumptions that a non- virgin has even an iota of guilt in them !!

So ru going to tell your daughter Aparna that its ok to have pre-marital sex with any number of people and then its ok to lie and cheat your future husband and tell him that you are virgin? Is that what you did? You will be a very good mother Clap

I will not want my daughter to be promiscous, which means sleap around easily with any one and every one.(so please do not add words i never said) But as an adult, if she has a boyfriend and is serious in that relationship, i will support her and not interfere in her decision to get intimate. And yes,no doubt i will be a good mother like how mother was.
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Just to get it straight i too I DO NOT SUPPORT PROMISCOUITY !! NOR DO I SUPPORT TEANAGE SEX!!

But i believe being an adult has its choices ,there are bad choices and good choices,and plain choices (that fall under neither category...more like the grey area)  Pre-marital sex isn't about a good choice or a bad choice....its plain choice !!

Originally posted by Buffie

Finally it all comes down to personal views,personal beliefs and personal opinions,and opinions can never be right or wrong WinkBig smile

And here i can finally agree with you!! Its totally a persons belief. Lets agree to disagree on this one.Wink

As usual Buffie i enjoy debating with you. You are one of the best debators here who follows the rules.Thumbs Up But sometimes i think you must have swallowed a whole dictionary and a theasarus when you were a child. You've had me running to my dictionary to check what did you just say.Tongue (hope you take this in a light vein as thats how i intended itTongue)!!

Edited by Aparna_BD - 10 July 2006 at 11:33am
sonali_k Newbie
sonali_k
sonali_k

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Aparna said,
Just to get it straight i too I DO NOT SUPPORT PROMISCOUITY !! NOR DO I SUPPORT TEANAGE SEX!!

What abt lying? Do you support that? Would you tell your daughter its ok to have pre-marital sex and then lie about it to her future husband?
Pradarshak Goldie
Pradarshak
Pradarshak

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:05pm | IP Logged
I can see a huge debate is going on. Enjoying everyone's views.

First and the fore most thing would be no lying in a relationship like this which is very delicate unlike blood relations.

From the girl's action, she should confess her past to embrace a new relationship(if asked or given much importance). Having a pre-martial relationship is not something condemnable, some succeed in them while some fail. We are prone to make mistakes. What is important is what we learn and try not to repeat them.

From the guy's action, I can see that he expects someone who is physically untouched and that matters to him a lot. May be he also saved his virginity(just my guess), nothing wrong in his action.

But my big question is, what about intangible factors like heart, mind or brain. Suppose a girl who never been in a physical relationship but is deeply in love with someone else(whom she can never forget in her life and her mind is completely occupied with this person's thoughts and memory). Does that matter to him too? I think that would damage the relationship more than the "damaged tissue".
Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonali_k

Aparna said,

What abt lying? Do you support that? Would you tell your daughter its ok to have pre-marital sex and then lie about it to her future husband?

I would refer to Minnies response as to why would tell my daughter to hide the fact about the pre- marital sex.

My first advice would be don't go for such a man who cares so much about "virginity" and that issue.

But if there is some issue where she is having problem in getting married( lets say she is manglik) then yes. The reason being this small lie will not impact her married life in my opinion. If its a big lie i agree that will impact then you must start clean.
MonicA#1Actress Goldie
MonicA#1Actress
MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 10 July 2006 at 11:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pradarshak

I can see a huge debate is going on. Enjoying everyone's views.

First and the fore most thing would be no lying in a relationship like this which is very delicate unlike blood relations.

From the girl's action, she should confess her past to embrace a new relationship(if asked or given much importance). Having a pre-martial relationship is not something condemnable, some succeed in them while some fail. We are prone to make mistakes. What is important is what we learn and try not to repeat them.

From the guy's action, I can see that he expects someone who is physically untouched and that matters to him a lot. May be he also saved his virginity(just my guess), nothing wrong in his action.

But my big question is, what about intangible factors like heart, mind or brain. Suppose a girl who never been in a physical relationship but is deeply in love with someone else(whom she can never forget in her life and her mind is completely occupied with this person's thoughts and memory). Does that matter to him too? I think that would damage the relationship more than the "damaged tissue".

Problem here is, the entire concept of "Male virgins" just don't seem to exist anymore! Almost every male who has had pre-marital sex wants a virgin wife, and that is just bull.  And according to polls in various magazines (real sources) and Planned Parenthood researches, more than half the male populations  ( by half I mean anywhere from 51-84%) in various countries (including India) have had pre-marital sex.

What I said is based on polls and researches I have read over many years from real (not fake) resources. It could be a little off, or maybe it is accurate, so don't attack me for this.

When so many males don't save their virginity for marriage, then why is the issue over the "tissue" arise?

Maybe the man didn't save his virginity. He could be lying too, so why are we all worried if the girl is lying?  Does anyone ever care if the male is virgin???? When my aunt's family were looking for a groom for her (abot 10 years back) the girl asked if he was a virgin, and from my mom I heard he and his family got angry and left. Go figureConfused

At this point I feel like belting out a Christina Aguilera song "Can't hold us down":

So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
Call me a b*tch cos I speak what's on my mind
Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

When a female fires back
Suddenly the target don't know how to act
So he does what any little boy will do
Making up a few false rumors or two

That for sure is not a man to me
Slanderin' names for popularity
It's sad you only get your fame through controversy
But now it's time for me to come and give you more to say

This is for my girls all around the world
Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth
Thinking all women should be seen, not heard
So what do we do girls?
Shout louder!
Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground
Lift your hands high and wave them proud
Take a deep breath and say it loud
Never can, never will, can't hold us down

\Nobody can hold us down
Nobody can hold us down
Nobody can hold us down
Never can, never will So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying
Are you offended by the message I'm bringing
Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing
Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing

If you look back in history
It's a common double standard of society
The guy gets all the glory the more he can score
While the girl can do the same and yet you call her a whore

I don't understand why it's okay
The guy can get away with it & the girl gets named
All my ladies come together and make a change
Start a new beginning for us everybody sing

What do we do girls?
Shout louder!

Lift your hands high and wave 'em proud
Never can, never will, can't hold us down Lil' Kim:
Check it - Here's something I just can't understand
If the guy have three girls then he's the man
He can either give us some head, sex her off
If the girl do the same, then she's a whore

But the table's about to turn
I'll bet my fame on it
Cats take my ideas and put their name on it
It's aiight though, you can't hold me down
I got to keep on movin'
To all my girls with a man who be tryin to mack
Do it right back to him and let that be that
You need to let him know that his game is whack
And Lil' Kim and Christina Aguilera got your back

But you're just a little boy
Think you're so cute, so coy
You must talk so big
To make up for small lil' things
So you're just a little boy
All you'll do is annoy
You must talk so big
To make up for small lil' things

This is for my girls...
So what do we do girls?
Shout louder!

So what do we do girls?
Shout louder!
Spread the word, can't hold us down

****Pay attention to the  underlined and bolded lyrics****

And excuse me if any words are bad, I just wanted to make a point through posting this song and higlighting some lines from the songSmile

Go to top