Why is Ashok Sundari a lesser known person?

ritika06 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Until i watched dkdm,i never knew shiv and parvati had a daughter named Ashok Sundari?I have always known that Shiv and Parvati had only two sons and no daughters.I have never seen Ashok Sundari in any of the paintings of Shiv family.
Why is it that Ashok sundari is the least known person of shiv family?Is it because she stayed for very less time in the family and didn't contribute at all in jagat kalyan?Or is it because she is not worshipped unlike the other members of the family?She too is a goddess so why is she not worshipped?
In this serial,she is created to spread Mahadev's principles in the whole world.So how come the world doesn't know her?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
i have the same questions to dear...
chunkysony thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
same question here too😕
ashna85 thumbnail
She will be cursed during ganesh's head been cut by mahadev. She is worshiped in Gujerat during the month of chaitra. The story was told by my grandma. When ganesh will be put on guard duty by parvati, mahadev doesnt know that he is their son, but ashok sundari wud. But during the fight between them, ashok sundari wud become scared looking at mahadev's roudra roop and hide behind a bag of salt. And parvati comes to know of the mishap and all she curses ashok sundari. 

Ashok sundari also takes birth in krishna avatar and marries grandson of krishna (sorry forgot the name). She does tapas and ask for boon to get a good husband, and she ends up saying the request trice, so god said tathastu thrice as well. hence she married the same guy 3 times, twice in dream and once in reality. 

I don't know much information, but i hope this helps :)

Originally posted by: ritika06

Until i watched dkdm,i never knew shiv and parvati had a daughter named Ashok Sundari?I have always known that Shiv and Parvati had only two sons and no daughters.I have never seen Ashok Sundari in any of the paintings of Shiv family.

Why is it that Ashok sundari is the least known person of shiv family?Is it because she stayed for very less time in the family and didn't contribute at all in jagat kalyan?Or is it because she is not worshipped unlike the other members of the family?She too is a goddess so why is she not worshipped?
In this serial,she is created to spread Mahadev's principles in the whole world.So how come the world doesn't know her?

Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
^^^^ But what is the story of her marriage to Nahusha?  Is it the same Nahusha who went after Indra's wife Sachi?  It's hard to digest that a daughter of Shiva would have a husband who would ignore her and chase someone else's wife, which is probably a part of the reason why this story doesn't have traction.  Not to mention that it doesn't seem to be a part of mainstream Puranas.

There was another daughter of Shiva - this time not from Parvati - named Manasi Devi, who was a badly ignored deity, so she has the reputation of being narcissistic and blessing anybody who simply acknowledges her divine status by worshiping her.
ritika06 thumbnail
[QUOTE=ashna85]
She will be cursed during ganesh's head been cut by mahadev. She is worshiped in Gujerat during the month of chaitra. The story was told by my grandma. When ganesh will be put on guard duty by parvati, mahadev doesnt know that he is their son, but ashok sundari wud. But during the fight between them, ashok sundari wud become scared looking at mahadev's roudra roop and hide behind a bag of salt. And parvati comes to know of the mishap and all she curses ashok sundari. 

Ashok sundari also takes birth in krishna avatar and marries grandson of krishna (sorry forgot the name). She does tapas and ask for boon to get a good husband, and she ends up saying the request trice, so god said tathastu thrice as well. hence she married the same guy 3 times, twice in dream and once in reality. 

I don't know much information, but i hope this helps :)

All right that's an interesting story.So Ashok Sundari would be present when Ganapati would be born.What curse did parvati give to ashok sundari?
So Ashok sundari is the only child of shiv and parvati who will be born.Was that because of the curse by parvati?
bhas1066 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi evryone
i was watching the old episodes of DKDM and just realized that the statue for ashok sundari is the same one that shiva makes as jata in 19th march episode!!!!
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
i do not think Ashok Sundari is the same daughter as being talked about in the Gujrati tale told here
beacuse there the daughter and ganesh are created together
in Ashok Sundaris story-she is a boon recived from the Kalpvriksh,Parvati then chooses a groom for her-Nahush
then as she grows up to become a beautiful maiden,she is attacked by an asur she curses the Asur that he will die at the hands of Nahush
the Asur attempts to kill Nahush,and thinking he is dead tries to attack Ashoksundari again when Nahush comes and saves he, Nahush kills the asur and marries Ashok Sundari
AS is supposed to be very brave,but other than she isnt involved in the Ganesha issue
the Ashoksundrari story is different from the Gujrathi story-there the girl is reborn
here she isnt
Ashokasundaris story ends with her getting married to Nahush

I Have read many stories about Mahadevs daughter,but these are more regionally based,hence they arent very popular beyond a certiam region
unlike Kartikeya and Ganesha that are known to everyone all over
.Reshama. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruti.nil

i do not think Ashok Sundari is the same daughter as being talked about in the Gujrati tale told here

beacuse there the daughter and ganesh are created together
in Ashok Sundaris story-she is a boon recived from the Kalpvriksh,Parvati then chooses a groom for her-Nahush
then as she grows up to become a beautiful maiden,she is attacked by an asur she curses the Asur that he will die at the hands of Nahush
the Asur attempts to kill Nahush,and thinking he is dead tries to attack Ashoksundari again when Nahush comes and saves he, Nahush kills the asur and marries Ashok Sundari
AS is supposed to be very brave,but other than she isnt involved in the Ganesha issue
the Ashoksundrari story is different from the Gujrathi story-there the girl is reborn
here she isnt
Ashokasundaris story ends with her getting married to Nahush

I Have read many stories about Mahadevs daughter,but these are more regionally based,hence they arent very popular beyond a certiam region
unlike Kartikeya and Ganesha that are known to everyone all over

Wasnt it jyoti..who was cursed by Parvati??
-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@Reshma i am not too sure...but she is being confused with Ashok Sundari,they are not the same!