Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

R.I.P Kasab!!!!! (Page 3)

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Don't want to start a debate on relevance of Capital Punishment (Yes, I am against it), but I can't help but say that its certainly disturbing to see people, who call themselves 'civilians', celebrating someone's death - no matter who he was or what he did in his life...Even if they support death penalty, they could have behaved in a more dignified way once it has been carried out, instead of distributing sweets and dancing and calling for 'second Diwali'..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

alpha_sigmasub_rosa

Rehanism IF-Dazzler
Rehanism
Rehanism

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged
^^ Didn't I clearly say that I am not debating on the relevance of Capital Punishment? I was merely expressing my disapproval of 'celebrating' someone's death..People who claim to have 'respect for other people's life' should ideally not behave like ones who don't have such respect..By rejoicing at one's death they are clearly not establishing their regard for human life - they are merely proving their vengefulness..

This, according to me, is the sort of behavior I expect from matured people (the ones who REALLY hold human life in high regard):
http://kafila.org/2012/11/22/a-2611-victim-who-refuses-to-celebrate-kasabs-execution/

Edited by Rehanism - 22 November 2012 at 8:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosa

LeadNitrate Viewbie
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 8:52am | IP Logged
 I would say justice delivered.

And now let's move on.

Whats with pakistani taliban now planning to avenge it by killing Indians and not returning body? So they now accept he was one of them kya?

Also why is Imran khan and his PPP shouting and asking to hang sharabjit singh? When will they get real? The way I see it, he probably would welcome it, considering he is on death penalty for last 21 years.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

napster-Inferno-oblivious.

chal_phek_mat Senior Member
chal_phek_mat
chal_phek_mat

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 9:51am | IP Logged
In true sense God give peace to his soul, I hope this also restores faith into the justice system for a lot of people

I really think highly of the Mumbai police to pull off two major events with a minor blemish, normally in the past both of these incidents would have caused huge response from the people willing to create mischeif.

LeadNitrate Viewbie
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged

i woudn't say without blemish, the prompt arrest of shaheen dhada and the subsequent failure to nab the miscreants  who ransacked her uncle's clinic: put quite a nice spot on their record.
chal_phek_mat Senior Member
chal_phek_mat
chal_phek_mat

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:30am | IP Logged
All constituions have a limit to freedom of speech and the example most often given is 'dont cry fire in a crowded Cinema Hall", that isnt counted as Freedom of speech.

If you read the velow sitation it comes close to this limitation.

At the time of the police arresting the two girls, the city and the state was absolutely on verge of a calamity of a riot if in case someone were to do any kind of mischief like burst a firecracker etc and it were to be taken as a celebrating the death of a popular leader That is the reason they had 40 thousand cops on the street in Mumbai alone and virtually every major city was shutdown in the state for protection

So it is natural the cops came down hard in this situation and there was a valid justification to it

Contrast that with two state sponsored events such as
1. Mamata Bannerji had someone criticizing her put behind bars
2.Chidambaram had someone arrested for criticizing his son to be corrupt.

Which clearly demonstrates the government curbing dissent and  freedom of speech

If thinking were to be straight I would expect pom-pom carriers for Freedom of speech  would be condemning the police in the Mamata/Chidambaram case and applauding them in the Mumbai case

But in reality they are mute in the Mamata/Chidambaram situation but very vocal in the Mumbai situation because it is obvious they are not really concerned about freedom of speech but just like any common partisan hack like a Digvijay Singh.

LeadNitrate Viewbie
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 11:42am | IP Logged

I don't know about chidambaram case, but pom pom carriers came out quite hard on mamata. Her own party member made a song and it spread like fire all over. 

Anyways, people seem awfully focussed on freedom of expression and totally forget the pandering to the might part.

I was pointing out how their record would have a blemish. I for the record think it was okay that they were arrested, but  not okay how they had to gurantee 15,000 rupees as  bail, it made it look like they did a criminal offense.
. And it was definitely not okay for those people to vandalize her uncle's clinic, mistreat patients and police not becoming active in it and curbing that down.

People seem to find so much time condemning the action of the two girls and the possible repurccastions but not what actually had happened.

I wish people would not relate two different issues together. If we are praising mumbai police and their capability to maintain law and order, we should also criticize their failure to nab miscreants as well.

Edited by tannipartner - 23 November 2012 at 12:36pm
Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 12:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top