Devon ke Dev Mahadev

~Kartik Purnima ~BadaOsha aded pg4&Sand FSTVL (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

-Celestial-

IF-Rockerz

-Celestial-

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sns-forever

em also 4m odisha!!...
hav heard a lot abt bali yatra bt hav nvr visited.. though i liv in bhubaneswar!!

hey ..wots ur name dear ?? Smile yeah.. i am also from BBSR .. but i was staying in Cuttack till 2005... i have cmpltd mah schooling upto9th over there.. and then shifted to BBSR in 2005.. and yeah after staying here.. i hv also not visited there ever Cry Cry I really miss it badly Embarrassed ...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~Kartik Purnima ~BadaOsha aded pg4&Sand FSTVL (Page 3)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Kartik Poornima (Kartikai Deepam as it is called in Tamil) is very important for us too. This festival is marked by lighting of lamps (usually earthen- these days, electric) in front of the houses. In fact,  we don't light diyas during Diwali (don't ask then why we call it Deepavali  Big smile) - we light them on Kartik Poornima.

It is celebrated on a huge scale at Tiruvannamalai- a place near Chennai where Shiva is said to manifested himself in form of  a pillar of light. 

Those planning a pilgrimage to Shabarimala begin their 40- day vrat from this month. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12Strawbella-Celestial-

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 7:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

Thanks for the info.

What event in Kartikeya's life does this signify?  

No, it doesn't have anything to do with Kartikeya. The festival occurs in the month of Kartik- hence the name.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Celestial-

-Celestial-

IF-Rockerz

-Celestial-

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 3:39am | IP Logged
Hi Varaali Thanx For Info... Smile

varaali

Strawbella

IF-Dazzler

Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 4:58am | IP Logged
@TM-Sweety Thanks for this infoEmbarrassed

Edited by Strawbella - 26 November 2012 at 6:31am

Strawbella

IF-Dazzler

Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 5:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Kartik Poornima (Kartikai Deepam as it is called in Tamil) is very important for us too. This festival is marked by lighting of lamps (usually earthen- these days, electric) in front of the houses. In fact,  we don't light diyas during Diwali (don't ask then why we call it Deepavali  Big smile) - we light them on Kartik Poornima.

It is celebrated on a huge scale at Tiruvannamalai- a place near Chennai where Shiva is said to manifested himself in form of  a pillar of light. 

Those planning a pilgrimage to Shabarimala begin their 40- day vrat from this month. 

Infact many have the habbit of lighting Lamp at the same time when its being lighten up in ThiruvannamalaiEmbarrassed Like here

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Strawbella

Sweety Thanks for this infoEmbarrassed

Er...Are you referring to me? LOL

-Celestial-

Strawbella

IF-Dazzler

Strawbella

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 26 November 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by varaali

Originally posted by Strawbella

Sweety Thanks for this infoEmbarrassed

Er...Are you referring to me? LOL
NopeShocked Was meant to Riti

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

varaali-Celestial-

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Devon ke Dev Mahadev Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.