Page 6 of 6

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 6

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AhsaanBaig94

Maan Baap kay liye toh Bacche Bacche hote hain... Chahy woh jitne bhi bade ho jaayennSmile

True. Mai bhi kitna hi bara ho jaaon, maa maa hi hai. Hug

Edited by Freethinker112 - 28 November 2012 at 12:46am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sweety Oh Sweety!! VB Note Pg6 (Page 6)" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

yessehm

yessehm

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by yessehm

The experience that parents bring with age gives them an advantage. They see things more clearly and with the benefit of age comes wisdom. I was referring more to ground rules being laid down by parents and followed by kids, like kids should study, get good grades, don't do drugs, alcohol etc. Certain amount of Internet use, phone talk time, I think those are pretty acceptable 

Yeah, but more age doesn't always equate to better experience. The thoughts are influenced by many things that were or were not acceptable at those times. It does not mean they will always learn good things from experience or draw correct conclusions.
My mum asks me to use computers for 1 hour a day. That is certainly not acceptable to me. LOL

Why is it not acceptable to you? If you don't mind me asking...

If you are using the. Computer to study and she is not allow ing you to use it, she is wrong. If she feels you are wasting yr time on it, she could be right. 

What does she want you to do instead? 

There are a lot of factors to consider before saying yr mum is from different times. One thing is certain with age and experience parents have a more realistic and mellow approach.

Because I am techoaholic. LOL She wants me to study instead, which I do, but not as much as she wants.

Of course she is from different time, she is my mum. LOL That does not mean she is right or wrong, just different. That's why I prefer agree to disagree. I respect her opinions and doesn't force her to do things, and I expect the same from her. Smile

I think u just answered yourself my friend!!!

Your mum wants you to study more... Why???? Because she loves you and wants you to do well. And because she s older and more experienced, she does not want you to have regrets later when it is too late and ask yourself - why did I not study more??? Instead of wasting my time on the computer.

I think I'll rest my case and I wish you all the best. Think about this reasonably and go say 'thank you mum'

I will not regret this, I know what I am doing. I don't just waste time, I read and learn things. Her opinion is that nothing except the school syllabus matters, while I am a curious child and like to learn new things. And so, we disagree. Smile

Child??? How old are you???

18. Not exactly a child but they treat me like one. LOL

Well then, I think, I would fall into yr mums generation or there abouts. So we will have a difference of opinion as in yr opinion I am from a different time, out dated and totally without a clue as to whats right for a hild of yr age

Edited by yessehm - 28 November 2012 at 1:10am

AB_DaKriticizer

IF-Sizzlerz

AB_DaKriticizer

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:49am | IP Logged

Originally posted by AhsaanBaig94

Maan Baap kay liye toh Bacche Bacche hote hain... Chahy woh jitne bhi bade ho jaayennSmile

True. Mai bhi kitna hi bara ho jaaon, maa maa hi hai.Hug

Bhale, Maa Sweety ho, Pinky ho, Mandira ho ya jaisi bhi ho Maa Maa hai... We all love them thats the end point..Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

yessehmZari_Khan

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 1:11am | IP Logged

Well then, I think, I would fall into yr mums generation or there abouts. So we will have a difference of opinion as in yr opinion I am from a different time, out dated and totally without a clue as to whats right for a hild of yr ge even though I am a mother, highly educated and have been working as a doctor and surgeon since you were born

Hey, hey, hey, calm down. You are putting words in my mouth now. I never said that. Let me make my stand clear to you.

I respect people based on their behavior and actions. A good person is a good person, it does not matter whether he is 70 or 17. Same goes for a bad person, he is a bad person, 70 or 17. If a terrorist teaches his child to go kill, shouldn't the child question? It is an extreme example, but just for putting a point that  parents are not devoid of making mistakes.

As to parents, yes I love and respect them. But respect doesn't mean obeying orders without question. That's being a slave. In my opinion, parents are like guides. They can't be with their kids all the time for whole life, so they need to do the upbringing in such a way that kid can make decisions himself. If you don't give him a chance, how would he ever learn? You can't expect to spoon feed and then just ask him one day to behave as an adult. You need to make the transition smooth.

So, yes I respect my parents, what they have done for me. But kids need respect too. Respect is a two way street. Kids are also people and need to know that their opinion matters to their parents. It's natural to want to make your parents happy. I may be angry with my parents, but still would want that they appreciate my work. A parent's encouraging word matters the most to kid. No materialistic thing can match the happiness I fell when i see my parents smile due to something I did.

But, people are different. Opinions differ. We all have a mind to think and different people may have different ideas. So, I think we should respect each other's opinion. After all, it's kid's life and if he wants to do something, he should have a right to it. Parents should advice, but the final decision should be of kids. They should talk and reach a conclusion where both parties can be satisfied. But always telling kids not to talk back, or your decision is not up for discussion, just shows your supremacy not love. Love never means dominance. It hurts the child, makes him feel as if his opinion is not worth anything. And everybody wants appreciation, so kids turn to others so that they may feel like they matter. That is more damaging.

So, if you are beginning every discussion with the bias that you are right, what's the point of discussion? Discussion makes sense only if both views are considered neutrally and then one is chosen. Otherwise you will be committing the fallacy of Argument From Authority.

As to you, I don't think I have disrespected you. Being from a different time is not a negative statement from me, I apologize if I offended you. The next generation will also be of a different time. I just meant that your thoughts may be different. But similarly, I am also different. And difference is not bad, if everyone thought the same, world would be pretty bland place. It just means that our opinions could clash, and we should respect each other's opinions. And this doesn't only happen with different generations. my thoughts sometimes differs from my friends, and I am sure your colleagues would also be somehow different.

And as to education, it's good that you are a doctor. But just because somebody is a kid, you can't just dismiss him. if I write something and give it to Dr. Kalam, would it become automatically right coming from his mouth, given that he is a big personality and ex-president? The content will be same, what a 18 year old kid was speaking. No. It will remain the same. Because, ideas and opinions can be right or wrong, the person speaking it doesn't figure in it.

Hope, now you can clearly see where I am coming from. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

BubblyR

Viewbie

BubblyR

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 1:28am | IP Logged
*Viewbies Note:
I see there are a LOT of quotes, Its a request NOT to quote more than 4 times.

This makes the server heavy and takes time for the pages to load. Max to Mac 3-4 Quotes, please!

Also, i hope this doesn't turn into a battle-field. Any offensive comments, please report it using the report button.

-Parvarrish Dev. Team

yessehm

yessehm

yessehm

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 1:36am | IP Logged
No, not a battle field.

I'll back down from this discussion as I don't have anything more to add.

Sorry about the quotes, did not know that.

Thanks

BubblyR

pixienasrin

Goldie

pixienasrin

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 5:44am | IP Logged
gr8 track after such a long time:D

Post Reply New Post

Go to top