Page 6 Page 6

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by yessehm

Originally posted by Freethinker112

The experience that parents bring with age gives them an advantage. They see things more clearly and with the benefit of age comes wisdom. I was referring more to ground rules being laid down by parents and followed by kids, like kids should study, get good grades, don't do drugs, alcohol etc. Certain amount of Internet use, phone talk time, I think those are pretty acceptable 

Yeah, but more age doesn't always equate to better experience. The thoughts are influenced by many things that were or were not acceptable at those times. It does not mean they will always learn good things from experience or draw correct conclusions.
My mum asks me to use computers for 1 hour a day. That is certainly not acceptable to me. LOL

Why is it not acceptable to you? If you don't mind me asking...

If you are using the. Computer to study and she is not allow ing you to use it, she is wrong. If she feels you are wasting yr time on it, she could be right. 

What does she want you to do instead? 

There are a lot of factors to consider before saying yr mum is from different times. One thing is certain with age and experience parents have a more realistic and mellow approach.

Because I am techoaholic. LOL She wants me to study instead, which I do, but not as much as she wants.

Of course she is from different time, she is my mum. LOL That does not mean she is right or wrong, just different. That's why I prefer agree to disagree. I respect her opinions and doesn't force her to do things, and I expect the same from her. Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sweety Oh Sweety!! VB Note Pg6 (Page 5)" in Nayi Umr Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish - Agla Padav forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AhsaanBaig94

At the end of the day... Parents are right afterall...
They have seen this world better than us...
They can be wrong, as they are humans not robos...
But, the experience is way far from us...
And in our society kid will not be looked as good.. If he go against their parents.. Even if its for their right...

That's something I don't agree with. Being elder doesn't automatically makes you right. Yes they have more experience, but kids also have experience. Kids also form their opinion by thinking. Putting them in the wrong category before discussion is a fallacy.
U are trying to make Possible which is impossible...

It will be possible, I will become a cool parent.Wink
Ok...Tongue
We'll see that...LOL Magar mujhe nahi lagta... You will be dominating too... Thats for sure...LOL

Me, dominating? Shocked Mai bahut hi lenient banda hu.LOL
Woh toh abhi hona... Baap banne kay baad jab bacchhe sar pay naachen gai na tab pata chale ga...LOL

Nachenge to mai unhe DID Little Masters me bhejunga. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

AB_DaKriticizer

IF-Sizzlerz

AB_DaKriticizer

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Bas, yehi karna...LOLLOLLOL

yessehm

Goldie

yessehm

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged

The experience that parents bring with age gives them an advantage. They see things more clearly and with the benefit of age comes wisdom. I was referring more to ground rules being laid down by parents and followed by kids, like kids should study, get good grades, don't do drugs, alcohol etc. Certain amount of Internet use, phone talk time, I think those are pretty acceptable 

Yeah, but more age doesn't always equate to better experience. The thoughts are influenced by many things that were or were not acceptable at those times. It does not mean they will always learn good things from experience or draw correct conclusions.
My mum asks me to use computers for 1 hour a day. That is certainly not acceptable to me. LOL

If you are using the. Computer to study and she is not allow ing you to use it, she is wrong. If she feels you are wasting yr time on it, she could be right. 

There are a lot of factors to consider before saying yr mum is from different times. One thing is certain with age and experience parents have a more realistic and mellow approach.

Because I am techoaholic. LOL She wants me to study instead, which I do, but not as much as she wants.

Of course she is from different time, she is my mum. LOL That does not mean she is right or wrong, just different. That's why I prefer agree to disagree. I respect her opinions and doesn't force her to do things, and I expect the same from her. Smile

I think u just answered yourself my friend!!!

Your mum wants you to study more... Why???? Because she loves you and wants you to do well. And because she s older and more experienced, she does not want you to have regrets later when it is too late and ask yourself - why did I not study more??? Instead of wasting my time on the computer.

I think I'll rest my case and I wish you all the best. Think about this reasonably and go say 'thank you mum'

Edited by yessehm - 28 November 2012 at 12:29am

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged

Your mum wants you to study more... Why???? Because she loves you and wants you to do well. And because she s older and more experienced, she does not want you to have regrets later when it is too late and ask yourself - why did I not study more??? Instead of wasting my time on the computer.

I think I'll rest my case and I wish you all the best. Think about this reasonably and go say 'thank you mum'

I will not regret this, I know what I am doing. I don't just waste time, I read and learn things. Her opinion is that nothing except the school syllabus matters, while I am a curious child and like to learn new things. And so, we disagree. Smile

yessehm

Goldie

yessehm

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:36am | IP Logged

I will not regret this, I know what I am doing. I don't just waste time, I read and learn things. Her opinion is that nothing except the school syllabus matters, while I am a curious child and like to learn new things. And so, we disagree. Smile

Child??? How old are you???

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:41am | IP Logged

Child??? How old are you???

18. Not exactly a child but they treat me like one. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

AB_DaKriticizer

IF-Sizzlerz

AB_DaKriticizer

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:44am | IP Logged
Maan Baap kay liye toh Bacche Bacche hote hain... Chahy woh jitne bhi bade ho jaayennSmile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top