India-Forums

Sweety Oh Sweety!! VB Note Pg6 (Page 4)

yessehm Goldie
yessehm
yessehm

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by yessehm

Until a child is living with their parents and are being supported by their parents the child should follow the parents rules. Once you are earning and independent then the child can come to some compromise, if the child contributes to the fiances of the house. That is only fair according to me.

But doesn't that harm the sacredness of a parent-child relationship? Putting it like that puts parents in a different light than guiders. It seems like an economical deal, I pay for you so you do what I want. Mind it, not what is right but what I want.
 The experience that parents bring with age gives them an advantage. They see things more clearly and with the benefit of age comes wisdom. I was referring more to ground rules being laid down by parents and followed by kids, like kids should study, get good grades, don't do drugs, alcohol etc. Certain amount of Internet use, phone talk time, I think those are pretty acceptable

At the end of the day, parents want what's best for their kids.

What is best for kid or what they think is best for kid? Can parenst never be wrong? They are human after all.

I don't think in parenting there is ever a right and wrong way. There is no perfect parenting formula. Each parent follows their gut instinct and bases their decisions and rules on their principles and education.

And believe me, sleeping in late in a minor issue compared with some parent children clashes, so Both parents and children should learn to pick their battles Smile

Yep, that's why I said, I am just putting up a small example. When disagreements take place, is it justified that the parents override kids every time?

Edited by yessehm - 27 November 2012 at 11:57pm
AB_DaKriticizer IF-Sizzlerz
AB_DaKriticizer
AB_DaKriticizer

Posted: 27 November 2012 at 11:51pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by AhsaanBaig94

At the end of the day... Parents are right afterall...
They have seen this world better than us...
They can be wrong, as they are humans not robos...
But, the experience is way far from us...
And in our society kid will not be looked as good.. If he go against their parents.. Even if its for their right...

That's something I don't agree with. Being elder doesn't automatically makes you right. Yes they have more experience, but kids also have experience. Kids also form their opinion by thinking. Putting them in the wrong category before discussion is a fallacy.
U are trying to make Possible which is impossible...
Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:03am | IP Logged

And in our society kid will not be looked as good.. If he go against their parents.. Even if its for their right...

That's something I don't agree with. Being elder doesn't automatically makes you right. Yes they have more experience, but kids also have experience. Kids also form their opinion by thinking. Putting them in the wrong category before discussion is a fallacy.

It will be possible, I will become a cool parent. Wink
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged

The experience that parents bring with age gives them an advantage. They see things more clearly and with the benefit of age comes wisdom. I was referring more to ground rules being laid down by parents and followed by kids, like kids should study, get good grades, don't do drugs, alcohol etc. Certain amount of Internet use, phone talk time, I think those are pretty acceptable 

Yeah, but more age doesn't always equate to better experience. The thoughts are influenced by many things that were or were not acceptable at those times. It does not mean they will always learn good things from experience or draw correct conclusions.
My mum asks me to use computers for 1 hour a day. That is certainly not acceptable to me. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

AB_DaKriticizer
AB_DaKriticizer

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:06am | IP Logged

It will be possible, I will become a cool parent.Wink
Ok...Tongue
We'll see that...LOL Magar mujhe nahi lagta... You will be dominating too... Thats for sure...LOL
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged

Ok...Tongue
We'll see that...LOL Magar mujhe nahi lagta... You will be dominating too... Thats for sure...LOL

Me, dominating? Shocked Mai bahut hi lenient banda hu. LOL
yessehm Goldie
yessehm
yessehm

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged

Yeah, but more age doesn't always equate to better experience. The thoughts are influenced by many things that were or were not acceptable at those times. It does not mean they will always learn good things from experience or draw correct conclusions.
My mum asks me to use computers for 1 hour a day. That is certainly not acceptable to me. LOL

Why is it not acceptable to you? If you don't mind me asking...

If you are using the. Computer to study and she is not allow ing you to use it, she is wrong. If she feels you are wasting yr time on it, she could be right. 

What does she want you to do instead? 

There are a lot of factors to consider before saying yr mum is from different times. One thing is certain with age and experience parents have a more realistic and mellow approach.

AB_DaKriticizer
AB_DaKriticizer

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 12:15am | IP Logged

Ok...Tongue

Me, dominating? Shocked Mai bahut hi lenient banda hu.LOL
Woh toh abhi hona... Baap banne kay baad jab bacchhe sar pay naachen gai na tab pata chale ga...LOL

Go to top