Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: yessehm

Until a child is living with their parents and are being supported by their parents the child should follow the parents rules. Once you are earning and independent then the child can come to some compromise, if the child contributes to the fiances of the house. That is only fair according to me.

But doesn't that harm the sacredness of a parent-child relationship? Putting it like that puts parents in a different light than guiders. It seems like an economical deal, I pay for you so you do what I want. Mind it, not what is right but what I want.

At the end of the day, parents want what's best for their kids.

What is best for kid or what they think is best for kid? Can parenst never be wrong? They are human after all.

And believe me, sleeping in late in a minor issue compared with some parent children clashes, so Both parents and children should learn to pick their battles ðŸ˜Š

Yep, that's why I said, I am just putting up a small example. When disagreements take place, is it justified that the parents override kids every time?

ABdaKriticizer thumbnail
At the end of the day... Parents are right afterall...
They have seen this world better than us...
They can be wrong, as they are humans not robos...
But, the experience is way far from us...
And in our society kid will not be looked as good.. If he go against their parents.. Even if its for their right...
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Originally posted by: AhsaanBaig94

At the end of the day... Parents are right afterall...
They have seen this world better than us...
They can be wrong, as they are humans not robos...
But, the experience is way far from us...
And in our society kid will not be looked as good.. If he go against their parents.. Even if its for their right...

That's something I don't agree with. Being elder doesn't automatically makes you right. Yes they have more experience, but kids also have experience. Kids also form their opinion by thinking. Putting them in the wrong category before discussion is a fallacy.
armandiwani thumbnail
Nice trick sweety to teach a lesson 2 ur family 
yessehm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Freethinker112

But doesn't that harm the sacredness of a parent-child relationship? Putting it like that puts parents in a different light than guiders. It seems like an economical deal, I pay for you so you do what I want. Mind it, not what is right but what I want.
 The experience that parents bring with age gives them an advantage. They see things more clearly and with the benefit of age comes wisdom. I was referring more to ground rules being laid down by parents and followed by kids, like kids should study, get good grades, don't do drugs, alcohol etc. Certain amount of Internet use, phone talk time, I think those are pretty acceptable

What is best for kid or what they think is best for kid? Can parenst never be wrong? They are human after all.

I don't think in parenting there is ever a right and wrong way. There is no perfect parenting formula. Each parent follows their gut instinct and bases their decisions and rules on their principles and education.

Yep, that's why I said, I am just putting up a small example. When disagreements take place, is it justified that the parents override kids every time?

Edited by yessehm - 11 years ago
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail

That's something I don't agree with. Being elder doesn't automatically makes you right. Yes they have more experience, but kids also have experience. Kids also form their opinion by thinking. Putting them in the wrong category before discussion is a fallacy.

U are trying to make Possible which is impossible...
Freethinker112 thumbnail

U are trying to make Possible which is impossible...

It will be possible, I will become a cool parent. ðŸ˜‰
Freethinker112 thumbnail

The experience that parents bring with age gives them an advantage. They see things more clearly and with the benefit of age comes wisdom. I was referring more to ground rules being laid down by parents and followed by kids, like kids should study, get good grades, don't do drugs, alcohol etc. Certain amount of Internet use, phone talk time, I think those are pretty acceptable 

Yeah, but more age doesn't always equate to better experience. The thoughts are influenced by many things that were or were not acceptable at those times. It does not mean they will always learn good things from experience or draw correct conclusions.
My mum asks me to use computers for 1 hour a day. That is certainly not acceptable to me. ðŸ˜†
ABdaKriticizer thumbnail

It will be possible, I will become a cool parent.😉

Ok...😛
We'll see that...😆 Magar mujhe nahi lagta... You will be dominating too... Thats for sure...😆
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Ok...😛
We'll see that...😆 Magar mujhe nahi lagta... You will be dominating too... Thats for sure...😆

Me, dominating? 😲 Mai bahut hi lenient banda hu. ðŸ˜†