memsaab IF-Rockerz
memsaab
memsaab

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
Ronit quits Kyunki, Kasautii
   By: Tushar Joshi
   May 10, 2005

tushar.joshi@mid-day.com
FACE-OFF TIME: Ronit Bose Roy and Smriti Z Irani in a scene from Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
The tiff between Ronit Bose Roy and Ekta Kapoor over the actor doing a show with a rival channel seems to have reached its conclusion.

Roy has finally taken a call on his long awaited decision to opt out of Kasautii Zindagi Kay.

However, he has chosen to leave not one, but both the shows he is doing.

As reported earlier, Kapoor had given an open ultimatum to Roy on his decision to be part of rival Zee's drama Sarrkkar.  "I've told him that if he shoots for even half a day for Sarrkkar, he is out of Kasautii‚Ķ and Ronit has assured me that he will not shoot for the new serial," she told hitList a couple of weeks back.

TEARING HER HAIR OUT:
Ekta Kapoor 
Pic: Rane Ashish
Roy, who maintained a studied silence at the time, opens up candidly to reveal, "As per the mutual understanding between myself and Balaji, I have resigned from both Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Kasautii Zindagi Kay. Right now I have a couple of personal matters which are more pressing than the shows."

Sources close to him reveal that Roy is due to go on paternity leave, which is his number priority for the moment. The sources also say Roy had almost made up his mind when he was asked to discontinue shooting for Sarrkar.

"Ronit considers Balaji to be his second family. He owes them a lot for what he is today. The characters of Mr Bajaj and Mihir Virani have given him immense popularity and fame," said a source close to the actor.

Over the timing of his move, Roy said, "This decision has been taken after a lot of deliberation. It hasn't happened overnight. I think the time had come for me to take a call."

Roy says there is no way he can opt out of Sarrkkar. "I have a contract which means I have signed on the dotted line. I simply cannot tell Manish (Goswami) that I don't want to do it."

tushar.joshi@mid-day.com

Will Amarr return?

There is speculation that Ronit Bose Roy's exit from Kyunki could herald the entry of the former Mihir, Amarr Upadhayay.

Apparently, Mihir will meet with an accident on the show, and Amarr may emerge as the new Mihir after plastic surgery. However, this version has not been officially confirmed.

~*Prinkzz4eva*~ IF-Dazzler
~*Prinkzz4eva*~
~*Prinkzz4eva*~

Posted: 10 May 2005 at 6:57pm | IP Logged
omg!!! mihir is sooo stupid!!! how can he quit KSBKBT!!!???!!!Angry
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
that sucks
kshitij lover Senior Member
kshitij lover
kshitij lover

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 2:59pm | IP Logged

mihir n tulsi made a good pair cuz they looked the same age. will amarr look the same age as tulsi?

Ruhi Senior Member
Ruhi
Ruhi

Posted: 11 May 2005 at 4:53pm | IP Logged
oh well, i don care all he was doing was causing problems 4 tulsi anywaz. is there a curse on actirs who play mihirConfused
Ronit IF-Dazzler
Ronit
Ronit

Posted: 12 May 2005 at 7:46am | IP Logged
I don't think Ronit should leave ksbkbt i think he's leaving coz ekta has hurted him by her words when she was in swera anger coz her rival show sarkaar in which Ronit is the main hero Rocked the audeience in the very first episode she became jelaosed of that show and in anger said something bad to Ronit by which he was seriously hurt and told ekta that he will quit her shows

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top