Now, a TV show on Goddess Durga- starting 17 DevHT

Posted: 11 years ago
Finally! A show that hasn't been done before!👏 I am glad that the Sagars are trying a new venture instead of making and remaking Ramayan and Shri Krishna over and over and over and over. I really hope this show is good. I'm looking forward to watching it.
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Finally! A show that hasn't been done before!👏

Well, the Sagars have produced a Shakti-centric series before, with Jai Maa Durga

There was also a Zee series called Maa directed by Chandrakant, who was one of the two major Hindi mythological film directors. He directed classics like Bajrangbali, Har Har Mahadev, Hari Darshan and Tulsi Vivah to name a few. 

Finally, B.R. Chopra tried his hand at the Devi Durga franchise with his series Maa Shakti.  None of these shows was a success, to the best of my knowledge. Maybe if they up the production value and do a killer job with casting and music scoring, this show could be a success.

Edited by eyeofnewt - 11 years ago
Originally posted by eyeofnewt

Well, the Sagars have produced a Shakti-centric series before, with Jai Maa Durga

There was also a Zee series called Maa directed by Chandrakant, who was one of the two major Hindi mythological film directors. He directed classics like Bajrangbali, Har Har Mahadev, Hari Darshan and Tulsi Vivah to name a few. 

Finally, B.R. Chopra tried his hand at the Devi Durga franchise with his series Maa Shakti.  None of these shows was a success, to the best of my knowledge. Maybe if they up the production value and do a killer job with casting and music scoring, this show could be a success.

That's what I meant. No popular show has been done on Durga Ma, so if the Sagars choose a good cast this time it could be a hit.
I am quite excited to watch it since it is something different and about a God whom I dont know much! Glad that Sagars are trying something Different :)
DOes anyone know it is from Sagar Arts or Pictures?

Here is the Picture of "Jai Jagjanini Maa Durga" from the show! What do you think about the look of Maa Durga?

She does look good, but we need too see how she acts as mata. The actress's name is piyali munsi.
She is looking good

does any one know the name of the actress?
Nandini, the name of the actress who is going to play maa durga is piyali munsi.
Hopefully this won't be another cheesy devotional, with abused daughter-in-laws and such. 😆
I'm hoping for a cinematized version of the Devi Mahatyam instead, with appearances by Mahishasur, Chanda, Munda, Shumbh, Nishumbh, Raktabeej, et. all. Select episodes from the Skanda Puran would also be nice.

Originally posted by eyeofnewt

Hopefully this won't be another cheesy devotional, with abused daughter-in-laws and such.😆
I'm hoping for a cinematized version of the Devi Mahatyam instead, with appearances by Mahishasur, Chanda, Munda, Shumbh, Nishumbh, Raktabeej, et. all. Select episodes from the Skanda Puran would also be nice.

i want it too. Dkdm is good but it's not acurate. I want a acurate mythological serial.