Health & Fitness

How do you help enhance your kids vocab?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Reshmi578

Reshmi578

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 2:46am | IP Logged
I was reading this article: http://www.humptybumptykids.com/how-to-help-build-your-childs-vocabulary/. Parents, how are you initiating to help build your child's vocabulary?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How do you help enhance your kids vocab?" in Health & Fitness forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kevofev

kevofev

Posted: 28 November 2012 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Hi Reshmi578,

I'm not parent , but I just thought I should share my thoughts on this article. Most of what the article entails is true...learning from books with pictures, reading aloud. Personally, and this is only my opinon , you got to find what your kid enjoys reading. When I was a kid ,  I liked reading short tales, short story books ...stuff like that. I also encourage reading daily, even if its only for 10 minutes. Also when I was growing up ,

(I dont know how old your child is so this part might be irrelevant) 
When I was growing up ,I spent a lot of time with my grandmother..she used to read a lot and I wanted to read  like her because she used to turn the pages of her books so fast and I wanted to be like that. 

Not sure how helpful this was, but I hope it helped.

Take care,
Kev

vinod1ram38

vinod1ram38

Posted: 09 December 2012 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
So true, all the mythological tales that I know of today were taught by my grandfather and I am happy I know them. I have seen several people who don't even know the basic tales of Mahabharata and Ramayana. Tongue Reshmi578...thank you starting this topic and sharing the blog. Looks like a new kids and parenting blog. Haven't seen it around. I am also a father and have a tough time teaching my kids. Dead

Post Reply New Post

Go to top