Fan Fictions

A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 16

Ipshita24

Groupbie

Ipshita24

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 6:27am | IP Logged
A friend introduced me to this tutorial... have to say, its aptly written... quite a tuitorial...thanx 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-ShwSha-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF (Page 9)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ZAHARA.

IF-Rockerz

ZAHARA.

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 6:57am | IP Logged
An awesome tutorial! I open so many threads but then get annoyed at how badly they are written. The ideas behind are amazing but the whole scripted writing without a purpose really puts me off. Another thing I would say is that when writing, sometimes it gets difficult to remember each and every detail. I find this hard sometimes. So what I do is make a mind map or something with everything that has happened briefly and maybe potential future ideas so that it helps you through even with writer's block. Tongue

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24Kittya_Cullen-ShwSha-

Tohru

IF-Rockerz

Tohru

Posted: 04 January 2013 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
thanks very helpful post
please someone answer whats the difference between OS/SS/FF ?

-ShwSha-

.....pujan.....

IF-Dazzler

.....pujan.....

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 5:51am | IP Logged
great job.Clap

this is most helpful post ...

-ShwSha-

malluangel

IF-Rockerz

malluangel

Posted: 14 January 2013 at 10:51pm | IP Logged
Bless you soul.

-ShwSha-

malluangel

IF-Rockerz

malluangel

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tohru

thanks very helpful post

I'm gonna try and help here. 
The Key is: 

OS= One Shot
SS= Short Story
FF= Fan Fiction

Basically, an OS is ONE piece of writing. A whole entire story/scene goes from beginning to middle to end in the span of one piece. The writer has only One Shot at writing/telling their whole entire story. An OS is short, simple, and a sweet read. Ex: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2176002

An FF is a longer, much broader piece of writing. This is something that is posted in many parts, usually more than ten to twenty. It tells a long story and usually has more than one story arch. Ex: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2784901 

An SS is kind of in between a FF and OS. It's more than one part, so it can't be an OS; but it's short at the same time- so it can't be a FF. It's in between constituting of one story arch that takes more than one part to tell.  This is an SS: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2934427

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahika24Kittya_CullenTohru

Eza_analyst

IF-Dazzler

Eza_analyst

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 1:25am | IP Logged
much needed and helpful post really
thanks for sharing

Tohru

IF-Rockerz

Tohru

Posted: 15 January 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by malluangel

Originally posted by Tohru

thanks very helpful post

I'm gonna try and help here. 
The Key is: 

OS= One Shot
SS= Short Story
FF= Fan Fiction

Basically, an OS is ONE piece of writing. A whole entire story/scene goes from beginning to middle to end in the span of one piece. The writer has only One Shot at writing/telling their whole entire story. An OS is short, simple, and a sweet read. Ex: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2176002

An FF is a longer, much broader piece of writing. This is something that is posted in many parts, usually more than ten to twenty. It tells a long story and usually has more than one story arch. Ex: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2784901 

An SS is kind of in between a FF and OS. It's more than one part, so it can't be an OS; but it's short at the same time- so it can't be a FF. It's in between constituting of one story arch that takes more than one part to tell.  This is an SS: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2934427

thanks a lot for expalning it Hugi too want to start writting but got confuse with these terms i really want to know this once again thanks a lot Smile

malluangel

Post Reply New Post

Go to top