A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF - Page 8

Posted: 11 years ago
Wonderful.. Hats off to u.. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Hey Shweta! I've written a response to your guide! :D

Hey Shweta. Thank you for this! Made me laugh, but the points were very true. To the point, concise and clear.
Hopefully there'll be less mistakes being made and stories with potential are saved. I will also try to follow as best as I can.

Faye xEdited by ..Labyrinth.. - 9 years ago
I think your guide became a star to some in need :D
And yes, I agree, grammar and spelling mistakes do count... a lot.
I find it weird if a fan fiction isn't in proper style... like how it is supposed to be... you don't quite get "the feeling" if it's not properly written...
And yeah, this was absolutely necessary for some writers. And GOD, I was like rolling literally, upon reading the first example... *blush blush blush* haha that was too mushy :D
All in all, great effort from your end on this! I appreciate that!

Edited by sana_96 - 11 years ago
Thank you so much for typing this up! I hate to admit it but this forum really needed a guide on how to properly write fanfics. I mean, I would open up a fic and, though the idea would be so intriguing, I wouldn't be able to read it past the first line because of these exact reasons. I really hope writers of this site consider following this guide. After all, isn't fanfic writing not only about showcasing your ideas but learning and improving your skills as a writer?
Right about now I would like to sing your praises. Maybe even name a new country after you? Thank you so much for writing this. These are often things I have thought of but couldn't figure out how to formulate them tastefully. Number one on my list is the choice of language. If a person is most comfortable with Hindi then by all means they should go ahead and write in that language. Those of us who are predominantly English speaking natives will be more than willing to request translations from friends who are adept in both languages for the sections we cannot decipher. As for font styles and capitalisation; why is it so difficult for a person to take a few extra minutes to give his/her work an uniformed, grammatically correct piece? Chances are, if you can spend two weeks to write the fiction, another two minutes editing will do you minimal harm.

I wish the moderators would place a copy of this in all forums. It would also be very good if they were to "sticky" this post in the Fan Fiction forum. Now did I hear mention of a post on characterisation, plot development, etc?
Edited by Kittya_Cullen - 11 years ago
My God, this is exactly what I feel when I read some of the wor here! Thank you for posting this๐Ÿ˜ƒ
great thread dear!!! 

I think I can improve my work even more now!!!

very well said!! kuddos!!
Edited by deetha - 11 years ago
I don't know if I've commented here before, but thank you. Jesus, this post is a god send. I have read so, so, so many stories with excellent concepts but the writing is just *shakes head*.

Thank you, really <3