Fan Fictions

A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 16

tabby999

IF-Stunnerz

tabby999

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 2:30am | IP Logged
good
thanks

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF (Page 4)" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-CoolChick-

IF-Sizzlerz

-CoolChick-

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 2:41am | IP Logged
woww...ClapClapClapClapClap what a detailed guide...very nice,Shweta ! 

-Directioner-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Directioner-

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 2:47am | IP Logged
luvly post

will keep them in mind Smile

Angelfreak_96

IF-Dazzler

Angelfreak_96

Posted: 09 December 2012 at 11:04pm | IP Logged
Awesome post...I really needed this actually, thank you sooo much...Big smile
I'm bookmarking this post rite now for reference...SmileBig smile

Edited by Angelfreak_96 - 09 December 2012 at 11:05pm

MKyara

MKyara

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot dear!!!...i really needed advice...i was just planning to make a new FF/SS...am not sure what it is...'cuz you see...am planning to be short, but of multiple partsConfused...anyways...moving on...I have...like NEVER written a FF/SS/OS...hehe...so i really appreciated that you took your time out to let us, maybe-new-future-writers, know what are the obvious things we should avoid and what to considerApprove...now am on my way to editingSmile...khekheLOL
Thanks once again!!!

-Alina.

IF-Sizzlerz

-Alina.

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 7:59am | IP Logged

Wow... very needed thread! It was really helpful (specially for e Newbie writer like me LOL)

spvd

IF-Addictz

spvd

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 8:53am | IP Logged
awesome...
this is an excellent post dear...
very good...
thanks...
very useful...

MysteryMina

Groupbie

MysteryMina

Posted: 10 December 2012 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Hi Sweta,
I just read your post and have to say that I agree with a lot of things you said.
Just as writing is a pleasure, reading is one, too. It has happened so often that I stopped reading a story or didn't even start because my eyes were hurting after the first few words. What annoys me particularly is tha constant use of CAPITALS and text lingo... It may just be me but it takes me ages to figure out what people are trying to say.
One more  thing, that I don't like it colours. Some use is good because, it may help differentiate between thoughts/normal perspective, past/present or dialogues and normal discription. But when I see something totally in read or yellow, my eye hurt (seriously).

To Make One Thing Clear: I am not bashing someone or negatively commenting on their work. Some people like this and I give them the freedom to write as they please but then they shouldn't wonder for the little comments they receive.
The last thing, and that is really just my opinion, is that it is discouraging for me when I see that someone posted a prologue or the first chapter and then says "Please friends, give me ideas how I should continue. I am stuck."  If you don't know where you are taking the story, then don't post it. I am sorry if this hurts someone's feelings but I have seen a lot of FFs that stop after the first post because the author did not continue. How about asking friends about ideas and then start posting. Or maybe write a few chapters in word before starting to post. This always helps me with what I want to write in future or whether I want to actually continue on the plot or not.
I understand that many silent readers have to build up a lot of courage to start writing and are eager to get good comments but then make your work attractive for readers. Take ideas (DON'T COPY THEM!!!) from fellow writers. A lot of people use glitter graphics to write their titles or make banners. There are even banner shops by various people here. Just ask around if you don't know any...

Wow, this is a long comment but as a reader and writer I felt necessary to comment. Thanks Sweta for making this thread. I am sure many readers will agree to your points and hopefully many writers will improve their writing.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

zyanahKittya_Cullen-ShwSha-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top