A Shwetzy Guide: How to PROPERLY write an OS/SS/FF - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
woww...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ what a detailed guide...very nice,Shweta ! 
luvly post

will keep them in mind πŸ˜Š
Awesome post...I really needed this actually, thank you sooo much...πŸ˜ƒ
I'm bookmarking this post rite now for reference...πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Angelfreak_96 - 11 years ago
Thanks a lot dear!!!...i really needed advice...i was just planning to make a new FF/SS...am not sure what it is...'cuz you see...am planning to be short, but of multiple partsπŸ˜•...anyways...moving on...I have...like NEVER written a FF/SS/OS...hehe...so i really appreciated that you took your time out to let us, maybe-new-future-writers, know what are the obvious things we should avoid and what to consider...now am on my way to editing😊...khekheπŸ˜†
Thanks once again!!!

Wow... very needed thread! It was really helpful (specially for e Newbie writer like me πŸ˜†)
awesome...
this is an excellent post dear...
very good...
thanks...
very useful...
Hi Sweta,
I just read your post and have to say that I agree with a lot of things you said.
Just as writing is a pleasure, reading is one, too. It has happened so often that I stopped reading a story or didn't even start because my eyes were hurting after the first few words. What annoys me particularly is tha constant use of CAPITALS and text lingo... It may just be me but it takes me ages to figure out what people are trying to say.
One more  thing, that I don't like it colours. Some use is good because, it may help differentiate between thoughts/normal perspective, past/present or dialogues and normal discription. But when I see something totally in read or yellow, my eye hurt (seriously).

To Make One Thing Clear: I am not bashing someone or negatively commenting on their work. Some people like this and I give them the freedom to write as they please but then they shouldn't wonder for the little comments they receive.
The last thing, and that is really just my opinion, is that it is discouraging for me when I see that someone posted a prologue or the first chapter and then says "Please friends, give me ideas how I should continue. I am stuck."  If you don't know where you are taking the story, then don't post it. I am sorry if this hurts someone's feelings but I have seen a lot of FFs that stop after the first post because the author did not continue. How about asking friends about ideas and then start posting. Or maybe write a few chapters in word before starting to post. This always helps me with what I want to write in future or whether I want to actually continue on the plot or not.
I understand that many silent readers have to build up a lot of courage to start writing and are eager to get good comments but then make your work attractive for readers. Take ideas (DON'T COPY THEM!!!) from fellow writers. A lot of people use glitter graphics to write their titles or make banners. There are even banner shops by various people here. Just ask around if you don't know any...

Wow, this is a long comment but as a reader and writer I felt necessary to comment. Thanks Sweta for making this thread. I am sure many readers will agree to your points and hopefully many writers will improve their writing.

Awesome piece of thread
loved the way you described
thank u so much dear...

excellent post
Woww an awesome peice of help and very thoughtful of you.. thank u soo muchh πŸ˜Š