Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 20

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FairyLiquidSoap

SonyaHug 

You are spot on and thank you for this absolutely logical articulate and sensible perspective I was a bit tired of so many going on about her attitude and choice of words

She spoke straight from her heart and was very candid and I think that got the goat of many who are not used to straightforward talking

I did not take offence to the term bunch of people it is something I also use It's correct English but sadly addressed to the wrong sort who only understand SMS or Troll language

Given the mood the fans are in if she had used Barun's fans she would have been criticized for daring to call them that and would have been dismissed as being jealous envious and green eyed over her co actors fame

I just don't get it the way people are acting hurt that SI passed that comment and sulking in a corner and calling her all sorts of vile and vicious names and indulging in a smear campaign

I am sorry but all I see is post after post lauding him saluting him lauding him making him a saint preparing for his beatification as this naive ignorant innocent too good for this world sort of fella who has friends alluding to her as back stabbers Really?

The so called phans of his have never validated her just tolerated her as a prop and lived their fantasies vicariously through her and have made some of the cruelest jibes on her as an actor person human being and she is supposed to suck it all u for their GOD and chuck her livelihood?

He is the one who is the next big thing to happen to Bollywood according to many so I don't think him leaving this serial should be a problem for them after all he has a bright future on the red carpet so why crib now

And for all them to pretend outrage and say we would have done the same if SI had quit is laughable I am willing to bet my last rupee they would make feeble attempts and say ok we tried now can we have this actress now for that role
SI called them out for what they are and that is what is irking them to the core Truth is bitter especially if it comes out from the mouth of your enemy

She had the guts to talk about the elephant in the room and I guess reality bit for many and too much to bear so they lashed back at her

Sorry to have sounded quite tetchy in this reply please indulge me A reflection of my own anger over the hypocrisy and doubles standards in this Forum

Finally I'm back to this thread. So let me begin by responding to my Noam Chomsky!!!

That's one thing that I love about this girl, Swathi. She's soo straightforward. Speaks right from her heart. Yes, she is a bit hot-tempered and she has confirmed that several times. But I guess that short-temperedness usually goes with people who like to keep things crystal clear.  However, I did not at all feel that she was angry in her interview. While the interview was going on, there were many posts claiming that SI is angry. But when? She was evidently very relaxed and calm while wishing Yasmeen good luck in her exam, discussing her marriage plans, stating that she can see only herself as Khushi, recalling the last movie she watched. If anything, she was only annoyed by the highly charged behavior of a group of fans.

Like you said, she did not mean anything degrading by using the phrase "a bunch of people." It was clear that she only wants to stress the fact that these hot-headed people are only a fraction of the audience. Again, these people do not include those who have politely put forward their suggestions to the PH. They are the people who have said to burn down the show in Barun's absence. They are the people who have hurled the worst insults on Gul... bi**ch being the most modest term in their abusive dictionary. I don't care about what Gul has done behind the scenes. Whatever she has done, she still does not deserve this kind of uncivilized propaganda.  And here we are talking about people who are educated, live in urban cities, and enjoy the benefits of a developed society.  I personally think that "a bunch of people" as a description of this group is way too polite.  

Swathi.. after I was briefed about the kind of language used to criticize the PH and the producer, I asked myself, "And what were these people thinking when they got on all these social networking websites to reach their audience??!" You really need to have the kind of audience who are civilized enough to know their limits and how to approach others before you take such initiatives.  I was surprised to see that some took pride in the fact that they managed to shut down all channels of the PH such as their FB page, twitter account, etc.  I'd drown in embarrassment had I been part of this propaganda. I am not exaggerating when I call it a propaganda Swathi.  What the PH meant by undertaking this action is "You're not dignified enough to be worthy of a conversation." The worst part is to know the underlying reason behind all this drama! An actor is leaving or a show is ending.. so what?! People are dying in other parts of the world.. why not divert your energies to those causes?

You're absolutely right to say that Sanaya as Khushi has not received her due credit neither from the PH nor from the majority of the audience.  Some argued that Sanaya misinterpreted their demands because they are fighting for ArShi. Well what is she to believe when you send forth that message?! Forget about the fans... even the media persons could express the opinion that Khushi only exists when she's linked to ASR.  From the top of my head, take Noureen Khan as an example.  That woman evidently had a crush on Barun which is fine of course cuz she's a woman after all. But then she needs to have basic etiquettes of a host and know well to keep aside her personal interests.  So she invites SI on her show to tell her, "Do you realize how many girls envy you since you've had the fortune of working with Barun?!" What was SI's response.. she laughed it off yet made sure to get the message across, "Barun's lucky for getting to work with me." 

Yep you're right once again! In fact, I was thinking that in terms of benefiting Barun, it would be a lot more intelligent to invest this time and energy in promoting his forthcoming movie. I bet that's way more important to him at this stage than remaining in the show. The other thing is if I firmly believe that Gul is a monstrous woman who has made Barun's life miserable, wouldn't I myself advise Barun to run and never look back?!

Arey nahi yaara ... Swathi ji the insanity on this forum is not worth your anger. I used to get upset but then I asked myself, "Has my life reduced to this?!" Then I decided to just stick to selected people and sensible discussions. There are a number of people that I treat as non-existent. I dare not open anything posted by these selected few and that really helps in keeping calm. 

Edited by Oyster - 19 November 2012 at 10:13am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

CantthinkofoneArchana89lina545sanayakhushifanTiyalispate22jaya100Senorita SanayaFairyLiquidSoapSanz.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rereading Sanaya Irani... (Page 9)" in Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Senorita Sanaya

IF-Sizzlerz

Senorita Sanaya

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged
gosh Swathi & Sonya ka lamba reply phew LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sanayakhushifanOysterFairyLiquidSoap

Cantthinkofone

Cantthinkofone

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:12am | IP Logged
I made a similar post! Glad we think alike :)
Calling her rude for just being honest and rational is absurd!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana89spate22jaya100Oyster

hbkumar

hbkumar

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:16am | IP Logged
'like' button on strikeWacko

But I like I like girlLOLWinkClap

Loved Loved Loved your post..awesome analysis..balanced, objective and sincere..as I've already told you long time back You.Are.A.Fantastic.WriterStar

This woman is something man!! Amidst all the mindless confusion n misinterpretation her interview was like a desperately needed torch in the darkness...so refreshingly honest, appropriate, cordial and clear..no vagueness, no double meaning, no uncertainty, no patronizing, no negativity..I wish I could put my thoughts into words in front of thousands of upset ppl about a controversial issue like she did..Brilliant!!!
And you, my friend did exactly that with this postBig smile
BravoClapThumbs UpHug

Ying Yang 

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

lina545sanayakhushifantiahalderspate22jaya100Oyster

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arhi-Did-IT

Harshu saw your ultimatum about not informing you prior to making this post.. Arey ladki, I did want to overload your dabba with an unnecessary message especially when I knew you'd land here anyway...! Ehem.

Edited by Oyster - 19 November 2012 at 10:17am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Senorita Sanaya

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hbkumar

'like' button on strikeWacko

But I like I like girlLOLWinkClap

Loved Loved Loved your post..awesome analysis..balanced, objective and sincere..as I've already told you long time back You.Are.A.Fantastic.WriterStar

This woman is something man!! Amidst all the mindless confusion n misinterpretation her interview was like a desperately needed torch in the darkness...so refreshingly honest, appropriate, cordial and clear..no vagueness, no double meaning, no uncertainty, no patronizing, no negativity..I wish I could put my thoughts into words in front of thousands of upset ppl about a controversial issue like she did..Brilliant!!!
And you, my friend did exactly that with this postBig smile
BravoClapThumbs UpHug

Ying Yang 

Awiee.. thank you sweety. 

Yes, our girl has the guts, BAS. 

It really surprises me though that there were a considerable number of people who thought her interview had a lot of negativity. That would not come to me even in my wildest thoughts cuz throughout she kept stressing how their sets is immersed in positivity and it's sad to see the people spread so much negativity around...

hbkumarsanayakhushifanspate22jaya100

Senorita Sanaya

IF-Sizzlerz

Senorita Sanaya

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Oyster

Originally posted by Arhi-Did-IT

Harshu saw your ultimatum about not informing you prior to making this post.. Arey ladki, I did want to overload your dabba with an unnecessary message especially when I knew you'd land here anyway...! Ehem.

Wink LOL Hug

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

OysterFairyLiquidSoap

Oyster

IF-Sizzlerz

Oyster

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IshqSufiyana

I still stand by my words here.

The hard-headed person that you're Aliya ji!

4lions is no saint because they treated there viewers very rudely by opening a letter stating the story has run it's "courses" No PH tell the fans to there face that the story has run it's "Courses" and they don't have a story to tell. They admitted during Geet days they made these senseless draggy tracks that didn't made any sense not even to them. So IPKKND fans has every right to complain and bash them because with all these crap tracks and bad episodes they're giving these days it's crystal clear they're doing the same to IPKKND as well. Yes they're good at creations but they're also good at destroying. Both Arnav & Khushi is dead now they're on there way to kill ArHi love story. They know how much the fans don't like all these OTT comedy drama but yet they're still throwing it in our faces like what language don't they understand? Is it that hard to give the fans a decent track? They unlike IPKKND on Facebook  it's there way of saying to us IPKKND is doesn't mean a damn to them anymore. This PH treat there fans more like competitors than customers, if the fans bash them without knowing the reason behind the bashing they take revenge by airing crap episodes.   

You have some points. However, I am not sure whether I agree that asking the fans about tracks is to be interpreted as carelessness. It could be that they were trying something innovative. I read somewhere that the current track of Madhubaala which is doing great is in fact a copy-paste of a fanfiction.  It could also be that the PH thought oh well these people are not pleased with whatever we experiment, so let's ask them for the stories they want to see.  You criticisms of not developing the characters, showing OTT comedy, etc are all valid points and I agree that these are the major drawbacks of this show.  So if you're criticizing the PH for these shortcomings, I second you. But I won't go as far as claiming that this is their way of getting back at the viewers who have criticized them.  Personally, I would refrain from such direct accusations in any case.

Gul Khan is not a saint at all either I would have actually respect her if she was justifying herself but no she has to use her actors to get the job done for her. Why did she has to shoot the interview with Barun herself? couldn't be give the interview on TellyBuzz, SBS or TOI? But no Gul choose to do the interview herself sorry but that interview give me another reason to dislike that woman. 

That's what Sanaya said too. Gul did not need to give this interview. In fact, according to me, Gul shouldn't have given any interview if she was sure that she has done nothing wrong.  In this respect, I believe Ekta Kapoor's way more intelligent.  She has been accused of horrible things but not once she appeared on television justifying her position.  Such self-testimonies don't do any good to be honest.  I am also guessing that you interpret Sanaya's interview as one of Gul's strategies to prove her innocence, which goes back to her interview being scripted. Sorry Aaliya, I seriously can't agree on this point.  I don't think Sanaya was parroting Gul's words. She's way above that.  So if Gul had asked SI to give this interview and defend her, she probably also briefed SI about her voice modulation, told her to feel annoyed while parroting her words and express anger? Cuz if SI's words were scripted, then her feelings weren't genuine either.. isn't it?

Does Sanaya think with all does crap episode they're airing these days will gain high TRP? When TRP drop down really low due to all those nonsense tracks SP will have no choice but to axe the show off. What will those 200 workers do then? I hope Miss Gul has plan something for them. Because I heard TRP is counted in this nonsense they're showing these days and IPKKND is down low. what happened to the livelihood of the crew members of the show Chand Chhupa Badal Mein which was replaced by Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon on 6th June 2011? Did anyone actually care for them? I appreciate Sanaya for being concerned about the livelihood of the cast and crew. But it not them that count it's TRP viewers that count and if they don't like what they're seeing or how the show is going they wouldn't watch it and due to LOW TRP the show will go off air. 

If the show ends for natural reasons which will certainly happen one day, then no one including SI can do anything about it.  All she said was that these people should not be deprived of their jobs just because an actor is leaving.  If Barun stays, the show should go on and let these people have their jobs. But if Barun leaves, the show should end and let these people look for alternative jobs. This is what Sanaya's against, Aaliya. And don't forget that she included herself too. Meaning, whether it's Barun or Sanaya who leaves the show, the show must continue as long as the channel allows it.  If we're talking about TRPs, then the safest bet would be to turn it into a saas-bahu sagaa and enjoy high TRPs with or without SaRun.

Sanaya isn't on any social networking site so whatever she's being told about the protest and negativity going on is what she's saying I notice it from her interview Sanaya thanked the fans when ArHi won best Jodi award she said it's because of them and that's what the fans are fighting for right now. The interview was a complete misunderstanding to me. 

Yes Sanaya's not on social networking sites and she's rightly very glad about her decision.  I have seen Gul being called a bit** on this very same forum which has rules and regulations.  And you want me to believe that these people were very polite in forwarding their views on FB and twitter? Aaliya.. I am all for SaRun too.  I don't think any onscreen couple could create this magic again.  I started watching QH and even though I am head over heals for Asad's character, I just can't have the same interest in the show because as a couple, they fail to create ArShi's magic. Surprisingly, the plotline's incredibly amazing too but the show still does not hold my interest. So if the PH creates a petition and ask for my view, I'll certainly sign it and insist that they retain SaRun.  However, I'll not go and camp outside the sets with this demand even in my wildest dream.  That to me is returning back with zero self-respect.  And I don't think any show or any onscreen couple is worth it...

They can run the show for how long they want with a generation leap but don't kill Arnav & Khushi love story give the ArHi fans what they want and let them keep there ArHi memories is all were asking for.  

My suggestion would be why not stop watching the show now and assume that ArShi's story ended on the happy note of marriage? Whatever they do with the show from this point on, we can use our imaginative powers to consider it a generation leap.  Again, to me this is Gul Khan's show. I can make a request but I can't demand anything of her. I have no choice but to respect her ownership rights especially when she doesn't force me to continue watching her show. 

Archana89Tiyalispate22jaya100

Post Reply New Post

Go to top