Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 8:22pm | IP Logged
CELEB COOK-IN 

Nakuul Mehta,TV actor 

Meghna Mukherjee 

My earliest memories of food I 

I recall having spent most of my early summers at my grandmothers place where Id be perpetually in the store room,looking for eatables.I was called a chuhaa (mouse) by her.

One dish I just cannot resist I 

My moms Rajasthani Dal baati.

My lunch comprises I 

I like a simple lunch.Paneer,dal,roti and salad make my day.

After a tiring day at work,I love to pamper myself with I 

Id rather be served.If not,I can make some good egg sandwiches.

On a date I love eating I 

Some fine Italian food and Sangria (wine) would be perfect.

My most romantic dinner till date I 

I had gone with my wife to this fantastic restaurant in Koh Samui (Thailand).The food was outstanding.It was an amalgamation of beautiful setting,fantastic service and gorgeous company.

For my wife,I love making I 

Delectable omelettes.

With my friends & family,I am a regular at I 

I love trying different cuisines.I am a nomad when it comes to food.I go wherever my craving takes me.

A sweet something I crave for I 

Tiramisu.

When I don the chefs apron I 

I usually whip out an excellent Continental breakfast for my family.

When I am hosting a party I 

I usually end up making drinks.I am an excellent bartender.

Nakuul Mehtas Dal baati 

Ingredients : (For baati): 

Atta: 1 cup I Besan: cup I Sooji: 1 tbsp I Ghee; cup (melted) I Saunf: 2 tsp (crushed) I Ajwain: 2 tsp (crushed) I Salt to taste I Ghee to brush the baatis: cup 

(For panchmel dal): 

Chana dal: 1/3 cup I Arhar dal: 1/3 cup I Moong dal: 1/3 cup I Whole moong: 1/3 cup I Urad dal: 1 tbsp I Chilli powder: 3 tsp I Turmeric powder: tsp I Coriander powder: 1 tsp I Garam masala: tsp I Cloves: 3 I Bay leaves: 2 IGreen chillies: 2 I Hing: a pinch I Dried mango powder: 2 tsp I Tamarind pulp: 2 tsp I Ghee: 3 tbsp I Salt to taste 

Method: 

I Mix all the ingredients and knead them into a firm dough.Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and shape them into an evensized round.Flatten the rounds using your fingers.Next,boil water in a broad vessel and drop the baatis in the boiling water for 15-20 minutes.I When the baatis are done,drain them and keep aside.Heat your gas tandoor and put the baatis on the grill of the tandoor.Cook them over a medium flame for about 20 minutes.I For the panchmel dal,clean and wash the dal and add 4 cups of water and pressure cook till the dal is cooked.In a separate bowl,combine chilli powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,garam masala with three tablespoons of water and mix well.Keep this mixture aside.I Heat the ghee in a pan and add cloves,bay leaves,green chillies and hing,tamarind pulp,dried mango powder and saut for two minutes.Next,pour the hot panchmel dalover the baatis and add some ghee.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

varsha joshinakeeralmlovepooSayali_KSGxMidnightStarx--Iqra--sharna2k6Maneesha_Shanakpree4rusamratrocksHdhd

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Celeb cook-in -- Nakkul" in Pyar Ka Dard Hai Meetha Meetha Pyara Pyara forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sharna2k6

IF-Rockerz

sharna2k6

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
LOVE this article so much!!

We know Adi is a foodie, and I see where he gets it from! This article is too cute. I love it, thanks so much for it!

Dae_drmer

IF-Sizzlerz

Dae_drmer

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
tfs tannu..
lovd to read abt nakuul...

Hdhd

IF-Addictz

Hdhd

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 10:48pm | IP Logged
Tfs

sudi_4m_kol

IF-Dazzler

sudi_4m_kol

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
tfs

Maneesha_Shanak

IF-Rockerz

Maneesha_Shanak

Posted: 17 November 2012 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
Tfs...Loved it!!!Big smile

xMidnightStarx

IF-Rockerz

xMidnightStarx

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing :)

shesherkobita

IF-Dazzler

shesherkobita

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 7:57am | IP Logged
I love Tiramisu too...yeay.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.