Vistaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Dear Friends, it's me again...your friendly neighbourhood ...ermmm...peacemaker? Too lofty???What about Counselor-in-chief? Pretentious ?? πŸ˜³ Whaat...did I hear someone shout "more like Riler-in-Chief"?  "The- gal-half-the-forum-wishes-would -rather-rather-keep-her-trap-shut" ??😊 Anyway, call me what you will, after Sanaya's interview and reading all the backlash that she has received, I just had to make this post.
First just a little summary of what I felt after listening to the entire interview: (had posted this in my earlier thread)

In light of Sanaya's interview, which by the way I made it a point to listen in its entirety, I guess my belief in the simplicity of it all has only strengthened. Her spirited defence of Gul, while being absolutely clear on Barun, was refreshing. She did not beat about the bush, and came out strong against the negativity. She certainly did not sound like she was mouthing a script. It sounded all very dil se...and so it would be...for lest we forget, it is very personal to her...she is the other fifty percent of ArHi and all this effects her extremely personally.

Continuing this thought, I totally understood her exasperation with people calling for the show to be shut down because Barun is going on a break. It had to have been hurtful for her...she is as important a part of ArHi as Arnav is. In this context, she was very correct to point out that it is not just her that will lose if the show shuts down, but two hundred other people who work hard to make the show a reality. I know this point has not gone down well with some and many feel that we fans do not have to worry about workers' livelihood...and all shows have support staff who go out of work when the show ends or is taken off air. Fair point...but I think Sanaya's words were in reaction to a specific situation, wherein she was reacting to some fans demand to end the show if Barun is leaving. She was saying that this is not strong enough a reason to draw the curtains on the show, if one person leaves. She does not go around raising this point in normal course, that hello everyone, don't demand the shut down of the show else so many people will be suddenly without jobs. Obviously, a show ends for many different reasons...her point was, this is not one of them.

Related to this, was another point that she mentioned more than once during the interview...that it might really be a break for Barun and that he might return at some stage. This, to me, was the most heartening part of her interviw. She was so matter of fact about the whole question of Barun, that despite trying hard, (yes, I listened to it twice) could not find any pretence or indication of it being rehearsed ...what she said. She was very clear that it was Barun's decision, and that Gul had no hand in it...in fact she went ahead and categorically denied any truth in all the vicious rumours that have been doing the rounds...that Gul had some hold over Barun that she was using to blackmail him. After listening to her, I think I am very clear in my mind that Barun is his own man, and it is his own decision.

Now to the point that prompted the title of this post: bunch of people.  There is nothing condescending or malicious in that term. It is used all the time...specially here in the US. It is informal, yes but very comman usage and does in no way convey derision or malice.  I hear it all the time at work..."a bunch of us are getting ready to go to the movies...would you like to come along?"  It is a nice little collective noun ..nothing more, nothing less. I am pretty sure, Sanaya had no intention of insulting her fans by using that phrase. It was in keeping with her overall informal manner of speaking.  I am dismayed with the amount of outrage that has generated.

Bottomline, Sanaya came across as a very level-headed, open-minded, confident person in her interview...one who cherishes her friendship with Barun and is ready to support all his decisions, yet is not the one to keep quiet when she sees someone being falsely targeted. And most importantly, she let a ray of hope by saying that Barun might be on a longish break and may return. πŸ₯³

All the regular Disclaimers in full force. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Vistaa - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shillu.arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
plzz dear before giving up just read this post plzz

Vistaa thumbnail

Thank you Arshi, for replying. There is no question of giving up when you are not in the fight to begin with. 😊

Sorry, but I did not subscribe to the conspiracy theory...see this please:

momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Sanaya said only Barun can play ASR.  Bas.  That's all I wanted.

I still don't get why it was that now everyone is saying he is on a break, when a week ago in the coffee with your boss, boss insisted quits.  At the very least, it is quite obvious things were not cut and dried about who was going where and how soon.  Me thinks things weren't thought out all the way as to how this would play out to the online community because that is the only community being addressed in all these releases.

No official statements does not for great PR make.  And neither does comparing ASR to Gopi Bahu (did you see that little bit from SP?)

How are you Vistaa??
sbk2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Visi..

My wise one!

Loved your post...totally concur πŸ˜Š

But my Dear...now the mob is out to virtually lynch Sanaya...your wise words are like ulte ghade par paani...

Vistaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: momma1128

Sanaya said only Barun can play ASR.  Bas.  That's all I wanted.

I still don't get why it was that now everyone is saying he is on a break, when a week ago in the coffee with your boss, boss insisted quits.  At the very least, it is quite obvious things were not cut and dried about who was going where and how soon.  Me thinks things weren't thought out all the way as to how this would play out to the online community because that is the only community being addressed in all these releases.

No official statements does not for great PR make.  And neither does comparing ASR to Gopi Bahu (did you see that little bit from SP?)

How are you Vistaa??

Doing good, Anu...thanks. Just addictively keep returning to the forum and all things IPK...despite a very full schedule and packing to do for month long trip to swades.😊 How are you doing?

Yes, she said that and she also said that he might come back...hum toh isme hi khush ho gaye.

And you would expect for things not being cut and dry when the lead is leaving...negotiations toh definitely huye hi honge. And yes, SP and PH are feeding the frenzy by not giving an official statement. And Barun and Gopi Vahu...how did that come about? πŸ˜†...have not seen that one.

Vistaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: sbk2

Visi..

My wise one!

Loved your post...totally concur πŸ˜Š

But my Dear...now the mob is out to virtually lynch Sanaya...your wise words are like ulte ghade par paani...

ShwethsyπŸ€—...

@Bold: ...yayyy!!...Koi toh maana...πŸ˜†
jaya100 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I don't know who you are but can I hug you, please??? I wish you had written this post yesterday...I was up til about 6 this morning reading and responding to anti Sanaya posts, if you had written yours earlier I would simply have referred everyone to your post and gone to bed.😊 Anyways, really liked and agreed with everything you had to say.
Vistaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: jaya100

I don't know who you are but can I hug you, please??? I wish you had written this post yesterday...I was up til about 6 this morning reading and responding to anti Sanaya posts, if you had written yours earlier I would simply have referred everyone to your post and gone to bed.😊 Anyways, really liked and agreed with everything you had to say.

Hey Jaya...πŸ€—...am a firm believer in jadoo ki jhappis. πŸ˜ƒ

Sorry for the lateness of this postπŸ˜› Good to know that you were engaged in this noble task...thank you!!
MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Wise words are a rare commodity just like Laxmiji and haircuts.

Even Lost had seasons, but this forum has daily episodes of outbursts.

πŸ€—
Edited by MentalExotica - 11 years ago