Members Lounge

Shri Ma. Balasaheb Thackeray Passes away... (Page 38)

Post Reply New Post

Page 38 of 38

Page 1 Page 37
Page   of 38

Magical_KaSh

IF-Sizzlerz

Magical_KaSh

Posted: 21 November 2012 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Originally posted by Magical_KaSh

Originally posted by Laila2009

Is that your BEST come back? I am shocked. Are you laughing at yourself cause you should be cause this stunns me. 

getting frustrated n  angry  is not the option Wink LOL

and yes iam laughin on whom u decide LOL as far as i know i replied to ur post  not copied from wikipedia Tongue which u did  Shocked  Thumbs Down ROFL

the article took from links that were authentic but if you wish to expose your ignorance, then its OK. The second part was a news article from an authentic news reporting - Associated Press - ever heard of them? I doubt it. So keep doing these "hee hee." I gave you facts - hard facts and you have no come back as i expected.

hard facts Shocked Shocked ROFL  ROFL

but even then those hard facts article are not ur own reply and even i can show u articles from Samna's bt i wont cos i like to give my own replies Cool  ROFL

and here u go again u getting angry and frustrated what did i told u its not the option dear be cool Wink ROFL ROFL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shri Ma. Balasaheb Thackeray Passes away... (Page 38)" in Members Lounge forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Laila2009

IF-Rockerz

Laila2009

Posted: 21 November 2012 at 3:34am | IP Logged
http://news.oneindia.in/feature/2012/state-honours-tricolour-for-bal-thackeray-what-for-1100956.html

Advocated the use of bullying tactics:

"Young Shiv Sena toughs, recruited from the ranks of the unemployed, beat up Tamil shoeshine boys and trashed Keralan restaurants and Gujarati-owned shops. Shiv Sena "street cadres" were deployed to "persuade" employers to reserve jobs for Marathi-speakers over workers from other parts of the country"

Praised mudering his opponents:

"When, in 1970, Krishna Desai, a communist member of Maharashtra's legislative assembly, was assassinated by Shiv Sena activists, Thackeray congratulated his murderers, declaring that "we must not miss a single opportunity to massacre communists wherever we find them".

Guily of instigating communal violence and hatered against Muslims.

"In 1989 Thackeray formed an alliance with the Hindu nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In 1992, after Hindu militants destroyed a mosque said to have been built on the site of a Hindu temple in the northern town of Ayodhya, Thackeray's followers were prominent in the communal riots that erupted in Bombay. The violence, which began in early December, lasted for about two months, leaving 900 dead, nearly 600 of them Muslims. As unrest spread throughout India, Thackeray sought to fan the flames, calling on Hindus to "teach [Muslims] a lesson".

Dictated the change of Bombay to Mumbai - not done by public voting and second, held the city like a dictator.. Not an advocate of democracy:

"Thackeray could have been chief minister, but he regarded democratic politics as a "ringworm infection" and appointed a trusted ally to the position so that he could "retain remote control". In 1996 he was instrumental in Bombay renaming itself Mumbai a symbolic rejection of colonial and other "intruders".

Suppressed the truth with bullying tactics:
"The same year activists burnt copies of Rohinton Mistry's Such a Long Journey, which paints a negative picture of the Shiv Sena, forcing Mumbai University to agree to drop the work from its reading list."

A hypocrite:

"Thackeray ranted against dynastic politics in other parties, but his strictures did not apply to the Shiv Sena, and he chose as his heir his son Uddhav."

SwastikAshNi

IF-Sizzlerz

SwastikAshNi

Posted: 21 November 2012 at 6:02am | IP Logged
Couldn't resist to peep in here.I definitely not support or share all the Balasaheb's views but it's a fact that his cremation became the witness of 21lakh people and that's because of love.There can be no other reason to watch a cremation,so anyone must admit he had done something to be loved this way and some newspapers which may be politically leaned to another side can't prove what is wrong and what is right...
When no one were much caring about Sikhs or Kashmiri Hindu Pandits,Balasaheb was one of those few who came to resque them,re-estublish them.Was it wrong??Ram Temple Movement until it was democratic was alright but definitely demolition of a Mosuque was unfortunate.But who committed the blasts in Mumbai?It's Dawood gang using religion and that instigated the riot.Balasaheb motivated Hindus for self-defense-what the hell is wrong in that!Thanx to Balasaheb,anti-national and underworld activities reduced a lot during his time.And it's ridiculous to compare him with Hitler.Hitler killed the Jews who never touched German people,Balasaheb only talked to take toughest action against the anti-Hindus/anti-nationals.
Last of all,no one is 100% right or wrong and so Balasaheb was.At the same time he had many positive contributions for Maharashtra and Bharat that has made so many people to love him.He is no more,so better to show a little respect to him.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 21 November 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged

Request to everyone:

This is an condolence thread so use this to express sadness/ offer condolence. Please kindly refrain from starting any debate/discussions about Mr.Thackeray here, its not the appropriate place. Any discussion can be carried on Debate Mansion forum within the IF COC.

Regards,

IF Dev Team

Edited by Aahaana - 21 November 2012 at 7:36pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

mnx12gaurav_ankita08patie-Spirited-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top