Arjun

Arjun Episode 27: Varying Shades of Love (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Dear Stephy,

Far from your going overboard, I think these kind so details are really important, especially when they concern the core issue, not a peripheral one. As is the point about the transplant being done  intravenously, and the OT thus not  being needed. All that they had to do was to consult an oncologist, even on  the phone. Are both the donor and the recipient needed for the pre-transplant procedures or only the recipient?

You know, you should mention point like these in kashishk's poll on each episode in Forum 32 of the IF. The CVs might then learn something, and that might help for the future.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

QUOTE=S.Stephy]
My reply in maroon below...

Originally posted by sashashyam

My dear Stephy,

I am very pleased that you took the trouble to not only read my post, and that takes a good bit of application!Wink, but also to send me such pertinent comments.

Its no trouble at all; actually it is a pleasure to read and reply to your posts.

I was struck in particular by your reference to the " tough choices being faced by the characters where there is the right thing to do vs what seems to be the right thing to do'. for that is exactly what it is. The one in the ETF who strikes the correct balance in this respect is, as Sanchayita has pointed out above, Sameer Rathod. He is correct in that he does not cut corners with the law as Shree advocates, but when the time comes, he argues with a stubborn Avinash Kapoor to try and get him to agree to the transplant, and this without  bothering about  the chap turning  nasty and lodging a complaint that he was being pressurised. By contrast, Arjun finds nothing persuasive to say at this point.

Thank you and to Sanchayita for pointing out about Rathod being the one to strike the balance. I seemed to have missed this. Yes, it is unfortunate that like the writers of the show, I too had ignored Rathod.

Your point about the pre-transplantation procedures  being skipped is spot on,  and there was no time left for that either before Arjun barges in. I suppose this has to be put down as yet another instance of cinematic licence. Given the ridiculousness of the bank procedures they pass off in the crucial opening sequence, I suppose it is no use complaining about such technicalities as pre-transplantation procedures!Wink

I missed writing this in my previous reply but the pre-transplantation procedures start off days before the transplant. So this isn't really a one-day procedure like they made it out to be in the episode where Ketan could be transplanted that very same day. And another thing is bone marrow is usually transplanted intravenously, so Ketan had no reason to be in the OT.

I apologise if I have gone overboard with the transplantation point but I sometimes get carried away with these things and I don't realize whether it is relevant or too much.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

[/QUOTE]

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ValleryRoseS.Stephy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Arjun Episode 27: Varying Shades of Love (Page 5)" in Arjun forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

S.Stephy

IF-Dazzler

S.Stephy

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sashashyam

Dear Stephy,

Far from your going overboard, I think these kind so details are really important, especially when they concern the core issue, not a peripheral one. As is the point about the transplant being done  intravenously, and the OT thus not  being needed. All that they had to do was to consult an oncologist, even on  the phone. Are both the donor and the recipient needed for the pre-transplant procedures or only the recipient?

Only the recipient has to undergo the pre-transplant procedures.

You know, you should mention point like these in kashishk's poll on each episode in Forum 32 of the IF. The CVs might then learn something, and that might help for the future.

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Edited by S.Stephy - 19 November 2012 at 8:27am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sashashyam

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Arjun Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.