Arjun Episode 27: Varying Shades of Love - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by sashashyam

My dear Purva,

I agree with you, it was more of a sentimental family drama than a crime thriller, but it was sweet and morally reassuring to have so many very good people in it, was it not?

The one this weekend, which seems to be a 2 parter, promises to be  a proper thriller, so I look forward to that.

Take care, my dear.

Shyamala Aunty,

Hey i agree wid u 

the episode was very gud on moral POV 

I personally didnt like d character of Mr Kapoor d professor 

D line 'Practice what u preach' Doesnt suits him at all...

He teaches student to do right things in dere lives n himself did a sinful thing 

I liked his wife's character ...I mean she saved d child on Humanitarian ground 

This week d show seems to b promising ...i m definitely luking fwd to it 

n i will b waiting for ur analysis as well
Aunty,
A very Dipavali to you.
First of all, my earnest apologies for not being able to go through your previous analysis, 'Old Sins Cast Long Shadows'.
Actually I have not caught up with the episode which you analysed for. I started watching that episode, ofcourse in my spare time and not at all hampering my studies, but, could not manage to watch it as I find it to be very cruel and heart-wrenching. And, sorrowfully I will remain deprived of going through your wonderful analysis on it.
Your analysis for this episode is mind-blowing. In fact the episode too was to good to concentrate on all the loop-holes.
But, still which I found the most inconvenient was ETF team's arrival at the bank.
Why was ETF team implemented to solve this case? Seemingly, the local police force was enough.
And, the most admirable person here for me is Cheif Rathore. He stood out for me because of his qualities in him as an Officer, as an Human Being.
He was always the best as the ETF Cheif, though he was over-shadowed and under-estimated only to Highlight Arjun.
But, what I observed in him as a human being flattered me. The guilt in his eyes when Arjun exclaimed that he had exprienced the the tragedy of losing his loved ones in the initial few minutes of the episode, was out of the world.
And in the last few minutes the way he requested Principal Kapoor to agree for donating his bone-marrow for the sake of the child was praise-worthy. The ferventness in his voice, the concern for the child made my heart went out for him.Shree being emotional wanted the bone-marrow to be collected by any-mean. He forgot his duty.
Whereas Arjun sounded very proffesional, guilt in his eyes evident though when turning down Shree's request in order to be honest with laws.
But, Rathore neither denied his moral duty nor overlooked his duty. So, he although knowing, I suppose and as you mentioned that Kapoor can do nothing, requested him to save Ketan.
I know you have complimented the episodic characters only with color. But still I would like to attribute the color 'Yellow', which as per my knowledge stands for 'Care' for this admirable character Rathore. And, I am waiting for your approval on the colors significance. I had doubt.
Hope I have not bored you with my long comment.
Thank you for writing such a well-descripted analysis. Always my pleasure to hear from you. Waiting for your next column.
Regards,
Sanchayita.Edited by SanchayitaM - 11 years ago
Nice analysis!! And the colours you have given to the characters are very apt.

What I liked about this episode was all the emotions involved. On one hand, we have Seema and Dheeraj kidnapping Avinash. And although, Seema, Dheeraj and even Praveen Tiwari are supposed to the criminals and Avinash the victim, we viewers obviously tend to sympathise with the parents for what they are doing for the child. Another nice thing to see was how even though Ketan is not Dheeraj's biological son, Dheeraj was shown to go to great extents to save Ketan's life.

Another thing interesting in the episode was how there were these tough choices being faced by the characters where there is the right thing to do vs what seems to be the right thing to do. One was where Shree felt unable to take the right action against Seema after knowing about her son and his disease. And then the scene where the doctor says he would rather perform the illegal operation if it would save a child's life. And then the point where Shree wanted to let the operation continue but Arjun stops it because it would be violating a person's right to consent to be the donor.

Coming to the plot-holes: The bank manager should indeed have  asked for proof of identity first... that is how it is done. And yes, it would have made more sense if Praveen Tiwari just took the 15 lakhs since paying to the donor seemed to be more urgent than paying the doc's fees.

And another thing is when bone marrow transplantation is done, the patient undergoes some pre-transplantation procedures before the transplant. But here the doctor said that he had asked the parents to bring the donor (and pay the fees later, etc) which means they were still waiting for the donor and so they probably had not started the pre-transplantation procedures. And yet it seemed like Ketan was directly taken into the OT for the transplant.

Edited by S.Stephy - 11 years ago
My dear Stephy,

I am very pleased that you took the trouble to not only read my post, and that takes a good bit of application!😉, but also to send me such pertinent comments.

I was struck in particular by your reference to the " tough choices being faced by the characters where there is the right thing to do vs what seems to be the right thing to do'. for that is exactly what it is. The one in the ETF who strikes the correct balance in this respect is, as Sanchayita has pointed out above, Sameer Rathod. He is correct in that he does not cut corners with the law as Shree advocates, but when the time comes, he argues with a stubborn Avinash Kapoor to try and get him to agree to the transplant, and this without  bothering about  the chap turning  nasty and lodging a complaint that he was being pressurised. By contrast, Arjun finds nothing persuasive to say at this point.

Your point about the pre-transplantation procedures  being skipped is spot on,  and there was no time left for that either before Arjun barges in. I suppose this has to be put down as yet another instance of cinematic licence. Given the ridiculousness of the bank procedures they pass off in the crucial opening sequence, I suppose it is no use complaining about such technicalities as pre-transplantation procedures!😉

Shyamala B.Cowsik

Originally posted by S.Stephy

Nice analysis!! And the colours you have given to the characters are very apt.

What I liked about this episode was all the emotions involved. On one hand, we have Seema and Dheeraj kidnapping Avinash. And although, Seema, Dheeraj and even Praveen Tiwari are supposed to the criminals and Avinash the victim, we viewers obviously tend to sympathise with the parents for what they are doing for the child. Another nice thing to see was how even though Ketan is not Dheeraj's biological son, Dheeraj was shown to go to great extents to save Ketan's life.

Another thing interesting in the episode was how there were these tough choices being faced by the characters where there is the right thing to do vs what seems to be the right thing to do. One was where Shree felt unable to take the right action against Seema after knowing about her son and his disease. And then the scene where the doctor says he would rather perform the illegal operation if it would save a child's life. And then the point where Shree wanted to let the operation continue but Arjun stops it because it would be violating a person's right to consent to be the donor.

Coming to the plot-holes: The bank manager should indeed have  asked for proof of identity first... that is how it is done. And yes, it would have made more sense if Praveen Tiwari just took the 15 lakhs since paying to the donor seemed to be more urgent than paying the doc's fees.

And another thing is when bone marrow transplantation is done, the patient undergoes some pre-transplantation procedures before the transplant. But here the doctor said that he had asked the parents to bring the donor (and pay the fees later, etc) which means they were still waiting for the donor and so they probably had not started the pre-transplantation procedures. And yet it seemed like Ketan was directly taken into the OT for the transplant.

My dear Sanchayita.

First of all, I am glad that you are not neglecting your studies for Arjun or anything else. I am sure your exams will go off very well, I shall keep my fingers crossed for that!

I was really impressed by your perceptive take on Rathod in  this episode; you have hit on all the key points that make him stand out despite Arjun being author-backed, so to speak. I completely agree with both the instances you have cited, and I have quoted you in my response above to Stephy as well. When you observe that "Rathore neither denied his moral duty nor overlooked his duty", it is the perfect formulation to describe his actions.

I have noted in the past that he is an admirable team chief - strict and yet kind when necessary, courageous to the point of foolhardiness personally, but careful of his team members, and responsible and supportive to a fault. A team leader does not need to be the brightest in the team, or the most technically qualified. But he must have three qualities: he must be able to choose the right person for each task, he must be able to mould the individual team members into a cohesive whole, and finally, he must stand by them and protect them from superior officers when needed. Rathod has all these qualities, and that is all that counts.

Yes, yellow would be a good colour for Rathod, a rich golden yellow. It also stands for sacrifice, which I am sure he would cheerfully make in the line of duty.

Take care,  my dear, and keep cool during your exams. Don't worry about Episode 26: Old Sins cast Long Shadows. You can catch up with it when you are free. It is depressing, but still worth a watch.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by SanchayitaM

Aunty,
A very Dipavali to you.
First of all, my earnest apologies for not being able to go through your previous analysis, 'Old Sins Cast Long Shadows'. Actually I have not caught up with the episode which you analysed for. I started watching that episode, ofcourse in my spare time and not at all hampering my studies, but, could not manage to watch it as I find it to be very cruel and heart-wrenching. And, sorrowfully I will remain deprived of going through your wonderful analysis on it.

Your analysis for this episode is mind-blowing. In fact the episode too was to good to concentrate on all the loop-holes.
But, still which I found the most inconvenient was ETF team's arrival at the bank. Why was ETF team implemented to solve this case? Seemingly, the local police force was enough.

And, the most admirable person here for me is Cheif Rathore. He stood out for me because of his qualities in him as an Officer, as an Human Being.He was always the best as the ETF Cheif, though he was over-shadowed and under-estimated only to Highlight Arjun.But, what I observed in him as a human being flattered me. The guilt in his eyes when Arjun exclaimed that he had exprienced the the tragedy of losing his loved ones in the initial few minutes of the episode, was out of the world.

And in the last few minutes the way he requested Principal Kapoor to agree for donating his bone-marrow for the sake of the child was praise-worthy. The ferventness in his voice, the concern for the child made my heart went out for him.Shree being emotional wanted the bone-marrow to be collected by any-mean. He forgot his duty.Whereas Arjun sounded very proffesional, guilt in his eyes evident though when turning down Shree's request in order to be honest with laws.But, Rathore neither denied his moral duty nor overlooked his duty. So, he although knowing, I suppose and as you mentioned that Kapoor can do nothing, requested him to save Ketan.

I know you have complimented the episodic characters only with color. But still I would like to attribute the color 'Yellow', which as per my knowledge stands for 'Care' for this admirable character Rathore. And, I am waiting for your approval on the colors significance. I had doubt.
Hope I have not bored you with my long comment.
Thank you for writing such a well-descripted analysis. Always my pleasure to hear from you. Waiting for your next column.
Regards,
Sanchayita.
Edited by sashashyam - 11 years ago
My dear Sree,

Your last line made my day, for that is the sole purpose of any detailed analysis, to focus attention on interesting points that might be overlooked in the rush of the narrative.

And in the various comments from various readers, other points that might have been missed in my post come up as well, and we all learn something new, like Stephy's point about the mandatory pre-transplantation procedures, and about "the " tough choices being faced by the characters where there is the right thing to do vs what seems to be the right thing to do", as also Sanchayita's take on Rathod striking the right balance between his professional duty and his moral compass.That is the fun of a thread!

Thanks again, and take care.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by -sree13-

thanks Shyamala Aunty for this analysis..you have described it so amazingly..

it was a highly emotional drama rather than a case..every person justyfied their character..

but though the several loopholes can't be overlooked..

the bank drama was totaly ridiculous..A old common man had hizacked a bank in daytime & for this reason is there actualy need of a special force like ETF?? it could be easily handled by police..

and as you mentioned that no bank approves Rs.30 lakhs in a self cheque without any verification..

but despite of being so many gaps it was an emotional & beautiful episode we have to say 😊

this analysis of the episode from you make me to think deeply about the epi..thanks for that Aunty 😊

Thanks Shyamala Aunty,very well anlysed especially the chracter analysis was just spot on👏The bloopers have become a part & parcel of the show now it seems.

Rightly noted too that the episode was more based on the characters and their emotions rather than ETF and how they solve it.Ya the beginning of the episode was quite catching and it does keeps you glued.The colour symbolism to each character is another highlight to this post ,quite enjoyed it😊

Coming to characters.Seema as you said a stronly built woman of substance.She was playing the role of her mother to "T"She just wanted her son to be saved.I'm glad in a way Avinash didn't enter her life nor she wished him to be a part of their life because after seeing his persona he really has no sympathy left from my side.
Dheeraj-Rightly said he's the best thing happened to Seema .That goes with the saying that God closed one door for Seema but opened another beautiful one in the form of Dheeraj.Yes his deeds indeed amount to crime but that cannot take his selfless attitude from him.
Avinash-No words for him.Totally a disgrace for the word"Guru"
Geeta -Another lady who really had the guts to first accept her husband's wrong doings and also correct it.It really requires huge amount of courage

Rest of the things still remain unchanged.Arjun's dominance is affecting more than before and Rathore clearly needs to get his due.In all a good episode😊

PS-Glad your suggestion of giving Medal to Riya was noticed by the cv's .

Edited by arryline - 11 years ago
My dear Priya,

I am so glad that you read this long post with patience and really like it. It makes me feel good when young people like you share my tastes for character analysis and the dissection of a screenplay to see where it does not hold together.

Here, the opening scene was so dramatic that at first sight I too did not notice the major flaws, but when one sits back and thinks about them, they become visible. But my favourite moment was the sleeping security guard whom Praveen Tiwari manages to wake up with his shouting, and this right at the front entrance of the bank!😉

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by priya00147

thank u shyamala aunty for another well detailed analysis..always look forward to read your posts..to observe the minute points which i always seem to miss from the episode..

i agree with your pointsbut my fav character is geeta kapoor!!!she is the one i admired and respected the most..

the faults u pointed out are true!!

and arjun again is seen the leader!
My dear Arya,

I will start from your ending and tell you how very pleased I am that the CVs have decided to show Riya being given a gallantry award. When I wrote very strongly about that in my Requiem for Riya Mukherjee:RIP post, I had no idea it would be picked up, but I am happy now that they do pay some attention to the viewers' concerns.

Now, if they would only take another point on board and write some nice scenes and lines for Rathod, so that he starts looking like the ETF chief, it would be even better!

I am so glad, my dear, that you liked this post, and that you are of the same mind as I am on practically everything I have covered here. Your remark that God closed one door for Seema but opened another beautiful one in the form of Dheeraj is spot on, and I would only add that Seema is MUCH better off with Deepak, who is such a wonderful human being even if he will never be professionally successful, than with Avinash Kapoor, who is a creep. So things really turned out for the best for her after so much trauma. And Ketan has got a MUCH better father than his real one!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by arryline

Thanks Shyamala Aunty,very well anlysed especially the chracter analysis was just spot on👏The bloopers have become a part & parcel of the show now it seems.

Rightly noted too that the episode was more based on the characters and their emotions rather than ETF and how they solve it.Ya the beginning of the episode was quite catching and it does keeps you glued.The colour symbolism to each character is another highlight to this post ,quite enjoyed it😊

Coming to characters.Seema as you said a stronly built woman of substance.She was playing the role of her mother to "T"She just wanted her son to be saved.I'm glad in a way Avinash didn't enter her life nor she wished him to be a part of their life because after seeing his persona he really has no sympathy left from my side.
Dheeraj-Rightly said he's the best thing happened to Seema .That goes with the saying that God closed one door for Seema but opened another beautiful one in the form of Dheeraj.Yes his deeds indeed amount to crime but that cannot take his selfless attitude from him.
Avinash-No words for him.Totally a disgrace for the word"Guru"
Geeta -Another lady who really had the guts to first accept her husband's wrong doings and also correct it.It really requires huge amount of courage

Rest of the things still remain unchanged.Arjun's dominance is affecting more than before and Rathore clearly needs to get his due.In all a good episode😊

PS-Glad your suggestion of giving Medal to Riya was noticed by the cv's .

Finally, got some time to come and post my comments.
Lovely analysis aunty, as usual. You described each character so beautifully n assigning a colour to each was so symbolic. Now for the characters:
Seema: well like you said she's a brave lady, she was one of the best students, yet she abandoned everything for a kid, that also due to an affair with her professor who was already married. In this age, I'm quite surprised yet proud of her, because a lot of girl would have put their life and career first n aborted that child! But she didn't, despite it hurt her father a lot, she even got married to someone like dheeraj, when I'm sure had she had the choice in the past, dheeraj would never have been her choice! Yet dheeraj turns out to be the best husband n partner she could have ever got!
She didn't run away from her mistakes, n she didn't even wanted to break that professor's marriage! Who does this nowadays?! She's a good person, just made some mistakes in her youth.
Dheeraj:
I loved his character the most. A simple guy, who never succeeded in anything, yet he loved with honesty n did everything he could to save his kid, ketan! He was the best if all, he went to all extents, even kidnapping, for ketan.
Avinash:
He's a real jerk n loser! Where was his reputation n conscience when he had an affair with seema, seema was young, but he was old n mature enough! He helped in destroying seema's life n career partly, yet after all these years the only thing that seema needed was for him to save his own child, which he refused out of fear for his reputation! He's a disgusting person, selfish n fake! N totally not worth his title as a professor!
His wife is a good lady, she put the cheating of her husband aside, n preferred to save the innocent kid! She was mature n intelligent enough to realize that the poor kid was completely innocent in all this.
N finally for the case:
I like many think that maybe the nana shouldn't have died, if Arjun hadn't forced his entry in such a way! N also I fount it strange how Arjun knew that they were going to operate on Avinash! N yep he's entering the operation center like this could have endangered ketan's life more! But what I appreciated was that Arjun didn't falter in his duty, he made no compromise on this issue, though I know he must have felt a burden letting that kid die, because no one knew that Avinash would finally agree to be th donor! N shree was so emotional, he wanted badly to save the kid! As Rathore also was explaining and requesting to Avinash to please save ketan.
Finally about the drunk donor, well he was asking all that money to save a kid's life, and many have criticized him for it, but in today's life how many people do things freely! I'm not takin his part, just pointing out that life is very harsh, and people are selfish, money minded n materialistic now! Humanity has almost disappeared nowadays! Very little, for him he needed money for drinking, so he was selling part of him for that! N I also wonder at the state of the bone marrow he was gonna to give considering he is a drunkard! Edited by haruhi26 - 11 years ago