Debate Mansion

The iraq war controversy

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

usachick821

Goldie

usachick821

Posted: 07 July 2006 at 7:20pm | IP Logged

i dont know whether this has been posted or not but i felt that it was a very important debate that we havent covered yet. Many of us that live in the u.s are against and for this war for many reasons, but i would aslo like to hear what other people (from different nations) see the war.

1. From an iraqi's point of view, do you think that this war really brought them justice?

2. From an outsider's point of view do you think that the U.S is the proper choice in helping re-instate democracy in Iraq?

3. What ever happened to the U.S conqest of destroying Bin Laden and why did they all of a sudden change to capturing Saddam Hussain? (we all know that his link to selling weapons that Bin Laden used for 9/11 has been disproved)

4. What do you think the future of this relation between U.S and Iraq will lead to?

5. Do you think that the U.S response to 9/11 is justified in this war?

6. Do you support this war? Why or why not?

Please feel free to add questions as you go through mine Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The iraq war controversy" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Prarara

Groupbie

Prarara

Posted: 08 July 2006 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by usachick821

1. From an iraqi's point of view, do you think that this war really brought them justice?

Perhaps in some parts like Baghdad and such; there is 'justice' and 'democracy' as we would call it there. Nevertheless, the reprocussions of the power vacuum created after Saddam was ousted has created a much weaker Central Gov't, and the resulting three states-Shiia, Sunni, and Kurdistani Iraq-are pretty much self governed. Some areas that practiced very repressive customs, especially against women, are now 'reallowed' to do so, as no one has the power and authority to stop them.

2. From an outsider's point of view do you think that the U.S is the proper choice in helping re-instate democracy in Iraq?

Personally, I think unilateral action taken by UN would've been the best route.

3. What ever happened to the U.S conqest of destroying Bin Laden and why did they all of a sudden change to capturing Saddam Hussain? (we all know that his link to selling weapons that Bin Laden used for 9/11 has been disproved)

We (the US) were going to go after Saddam for whatever reason; all links to terrorism, particularly Al Qaeda, and Iraq are extremely weak and were exaggerated for purposes of war frenzy.

4. What do you think the future of this relation between U.S and Iraq will lead to?

Something akin to Rome and Numidia (look it up on Google)

As in Afghanistan? Yes then, but not Iraq.

As an American citizen, I support the US troops.

linn

Groupbie

linn

Posted: 22 July 2006 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by usachick821

i dont know whether this has been posted or not but i felt that it was a very important debate that we havent covered yet. Many of us that live in the u.s are against and for this war for many reasons, but i would aslo like to hear what other people (from different nations) see the war.

1. At the moment because of the ouside forces and the sunis that were ousted when  Sadam was taken out, the Iraqi's are suffering a lot. During Sadams rule there was no open war fare, no one was geting blown away amass, but there was terrorism. No body was safe from his goons and his Sons, who were perverts. Good ridance to both. In that respect the Iraqis are better off and with time, if people are allowd to live their lives without outside interference they will be happy. 

2. There was no democracy in Iraq. So the reinstatement of it is not in Q. Its weather people will choose to live in a democracy or for their own agendas not allow the Iraqis to live in peace.

3. The Hunt for Bin Laden goes on. He is hiding like a mountain rat in the mountains of Afganithan and Pakistan. We will find him or he will die there running from justice a criminal of the Innocent American people he killed on 9/11. The reason we got entangled in Iraq, was because of Sadam and his empty saber rattling. The fool had money and the technology to do much harm if he so chose. The UN being the impotent bafoons that they are did not contain him and he had fooked them for so long that he thought he could continue thumbing his nose and being the IDIOT that he was and nobody would have the guts to do anything. Well he was wrong. 

4. Hope with time and peace it will be a better middle east and a more informed and educated middle east. Not brain washed by the mullahs, who are supposed to preach peace and love but do just the oposite for their own self importance.

5. This war was not a justification for the 9/11 attack. It was in reponse to the intelligence we were getting about Sadam and his WMD'S. Which if U have kept up with the news would know that they do exist. Not in the quantity it was thought, but enough to know that he was capable of using and manufacturing and distributing them.

6. I supported the war when it started and now that we R there we should finish the job and hand over a Iraq to the Iraqi people that can be governed by the Iraqis.

MY Q TO ALL IS WHAT OTHER ALTERNATE DID THE US HAVE?

DO YOU THINK THE UN IS DOING ITS JOB OF PEACEKEEPING AND DIPLOMATIC SOLUTIONS TO WORLD PROBLEMS?

DON'T U THINK IT IS THE UN'S DUTY AS A WORLD BODY TO TRY SOLVE HUMAN SUFERING AND TO STOP ATROCITIES WHERE THEY CAN, INSTEAD OF  PANDERING TO DICTATORS, GENOCIDAL RULERS AND HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATORS, LIKE CHINA AND AFRICAN TWO BIT RULERS WHO CALL THEMSELVES PRSIDENTS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE COUNTRYS. ASK FOR MONEY TO HELP THEIR PEOPLE AND ALL THEY DO IS LINE THEIR AND THEIR BUDDIES POCKETS, AND THE UN JUST SITS AND WATCHES, SOMETIMES, IN THE CASE WITH SADAM LINE THEIR OWN POCKETS. AKA KOFI ANNAN'S SON.

Please feel free to add questions as you go through mine Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top