Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Tahitien-moon

IF-Rockerz

Tahitien-moon

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

Quotes about 
Lies / Lying

• If one is to be called a liar, one may as well make an effort to deserve the name. ~ A. A. Milne
  • No man has a good enough memory to make a successful liar. ~ Abraham Lincoln
  • Without lies humanity would perish of despair and boredom. ~ Anatole France
  • If a lie is repeated often enough all the dumb jackasses in the world not only get to believe it, they even swear by it. ~ Billy Boy Franklin
  • One always has the air of someone who is lying when one speaks to a policeman. ~ Charles-Louis Philippe
  • A lie with a purpose is one of the worst kind, and the most profitable. ~ Finley Peter Dunne
  • One may sometimes tell a lie, but the grimace that accompanies it tells the truth. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else. ~ George Bernard Shaw
  • Haven't we mothers all given our sons a taste for lies, lies which from the cradle upwards lull them, reassure them, send them to sleep: lies as soft and warm as a breast! ~ Georges Bernanos
  • I keep reading between the lies. ~ Goodman Ace
  • He entered the territory of lies without a passport for return. ~ Graham Greene
  • Telling lies is a fault in a boy, an art in a lover, an accomplishment in a bachelor, and second-nature in a married man. ~ Helen Rowland
  • Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen. ~ Homer Simpson
  • Don't lie if you don't have to. ~ Leo Szilard
  • If you tell a lie, always rehearse it. If it don't sound good to you, it won't sound good to anybody. ~ Leroy ''Satchel'' Paige
  • If you want to be thought a liar, always tell the truth. ~ Logan Pearsall Smith
  • And, after all, what is a lie? 'Tis but the truth in masquerade. ~ Lord Byron
  • Never chase a lie. Let it alone, and it will run itself to death. ~ Lyman Beecher
  • So near is falsehood to truth that a wise man would do well not to trust himself on the narrow edge. ~ Marcus T. Cicero
  • Note that venerable proverb: Children and fools always speak the truth. The deduction is plain: adults and wise persons never speak it. ~ Mark Twain (On the Decay of the Art of Lying)
  • I am different from Washington; I have a higher, grander standard of principle. Washington could not lie. I can lie, but I won't. ~ Mark Twain
  • There are 869 different forms of lying, but only one of them has been squarely forbidden. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. ~ Mark Twain (Following the Equator)
  • Never tell a lie--except for practice. ~ Mark Twain
  • The difference between a saint and a hypocrite is that one lies for his religion, the other by it. ~ Minna Antrim
  • It takes a wise man to handle a lie, a fool had better remain honest. ~ Norman Douglas
  • Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle which fits them all. ~ Oliver Wendell Homes (The Autocrat of the Breakfast Table)
  • People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election. ~ Otto Von Bismarck
  • He would have lied to himself as facilely as an alcoholic lies to himself to justify the 10 a.m. tumbler of vodka : it may be early here, but in Baghdad it's almost evening. ~ Peter Benchley (Q Clearance)
  • The lie is the basic building block of good manners. That may seem mildly shocking to a moralist -- but then what isn't? ~ Quentin Crisp
  • Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. ~ Samuel Butler
  • I do not mind lying, but I hate inaccuracy. ~ Samuel Butler
  • The best liar is he who makes the smallest amount of lying go the longest way. ~ Samuel Butler
  • Lying has a kind of respect and reverence with it. We pay a person the compliment of acknowledging his superiority whenever we lie to him. ~ Samuel Butler
  • Lying is like alcoholism. You are always recovering. ~ Steven Soderbergh
  • I should like to lie at your feet and die in your arms. ~ Voltaire
  • When lying, be emphatic and indignant, thus behaving like your children. ~ William Feather
  • Good lies need a leavening of truth to make them palatable. ~ William Mcilvanney
  • There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true. ~ Winston Churchill
  • If you wish to strengthen a lie, mix a little truth in with it. ~ Zohar

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

gmhatchernuresmeraldaangakejasraj123PuvZgafulu14.King-Of-Kings

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Lying quotes for three idiots dubey's" in Punar Vivah forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.King-Of-Kings

IF-Addictz

.King-Of-Kings

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
Nice quotes!
Those Dubeys should stop by and take a readLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tahitien-moon

jasraj123

IF-Sizzlerz

jasraj123

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
OMGGG PRASDINI THAT MANY ConfusedConfusedConfused

HAYEEE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THATLOLLOLLOL

WAISE DUBEY'S ARE DEFINE TO BE LYING NOWWinkWink

SUCH A WONDERFUL POST

Tahitien-moon

Tahitien-moon

IF-Rockerz

Tahitien-moon

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by J.M.Singh

Nice quotes!
Those Dubeys should stop by and take a readLOL
Thanks dearTongue

.King-Of-Kings

Tahitien-moon

IF-Rockerz

Tahitien-moon

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jasraj123

OMGGG PRASDINI THAT MANY ConfusedConfusedConfused

HAYEEE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THATLOLLOLLOL

WAISE DUBEY'S ARE DEFINE TO BE LYING NOWWinkWink

SUCH A WONDERFUL POST

Ahhh Jas have i donne tooo muchWinkAnd dubey's are definetely bunch of liers for sureOuch And thanks for the comments Jas dearBig smile

nuresmeralda

Goldie

nuresmeralda

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
nice quotes..
the dubeys should read this...ROFL

Tahitien-moon

Tahitien-moon

IF-Rockerz

Tahitien-moon

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nuresmeralda

nice quotes..
the dubeys should read this...ROFL
Thanks sweetyWink And don't worry me praying here like crazy that they'll read thisROFLROFL

gmhatcher

gmhatcher

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
Thank you...You are a wise and wonderous creature of great good humour...ROFLROFLROFL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.